[2.6] EK NOVA Pathfinder/Occultist Millions of DPS. UPDATED w/ Leveling Guide!

gonna try this in the new league (SC), i hope you maintain this awesome guide. thanks for sharing :)
Ingame: ReExist
How the fuck did you test it with the new jewel when it's not even out yet?
"Good thing they nerfed the carto, it wasn't fun to find one in every map." - Haborym
"
monkuar wrote:
How the fuck did you test it with the new jewel when it's not even out yet?
Because it's exactly the same without the jewel, except that you dont have to aim?
Can i play this Build without this Jewel and can i kill shaper or uber atziri with occultist?
Why did you choose skillpoint over cast speed and endurance charge over frenzy charge as bandit rewards?
we need videos please.....
"Good thing they nerfed the carto, it wasn't fun to find one in every map." - Haborym
Very interested in this build.
I'm planning to start HC tomorrow with it.

Why start Shadow though?
Isn't the guide for Pathfinder?

Though it'd be interesting to see how Nova works out with Assassin and Power Charge procs.

Also I tried clicking on your sample link; just leads me to a single passive tree :(
"
warxtreme wrote:

Why start Shadow though?
Isn't the guide for Pathfinder?

It is, but only Shadow gets the EK gem after hillock. so you have to start as a shadow, kill hillock and stash the ek gem, then start as ranger.

"

Can i play this Build without this Jewel and can i kill shaper or uber atziri with occultist?

Of course, the jewel is totally optional, I've only played it without the jewel anyway. I haven't played Occultist, but I'm sure either class can handle Uber Atziri easily. Remember we can have 84% all res and almost max spell block. gives you some room for error, but obviously dodge the kill spells. Shaper has better poison/chaos resist and really cuts our damage, but enough wither totem stacks can bring the dps back above 1 million, according to path of building.

Using EK in a nova will, however, coincide with the AOE nerf quite well, because without the jewel, we need blasphemy to reach enemies at the end of our EK cone, which needs some radius points to reach (now might actually be unreachable, rip AOE). alas, as a nova spell, we get closer to the mobs and make better use of the reduced radius of Blasphemy, plus we still get the aura radius nodes.

If we discover that the radius of blasphemy is actually so bad.. Might need to change 3 points over to get Hex Master.

"
we need videos please.....

video uploading of a basic shaped atoll in essence HC.

edit: example video is up. obviously its not the updated build. not an ideal video, i know. but you can see the strength of pathfinder EK even without power charges.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvZbmvksIS8

oh, and why not go cast speed in bandits? The 4% cast speed nodes on the tree are not worth getting, so the bandit point (5%) isnt much better. we need every point.
Last edited by luckyshin on Mar 2, 2017, 11:51:42 PM
Been looking for an EK build for new league. I played a Raider in breach and really liked that class.. just curious, would this work as Raider? TY :)
"
projectsix wrote:
Been looking for an EK build for new league. I played a Raider in breach and really liked that class.. just curious, would this work as Raider? TY :)

hm, I haven't done calculations with raider, but it would certainly make maintaining frenzy charges easier, and this means you can use an essence-crafted cast speed spell dagger + whirling blades. you could even run snakebite for poison since you're likely to be at max frenzy charges most of the time. you will have immunity to status ailments but the same block chance as occultist (less flask efficiency). it would work, just need to add the source of poison with the gem or with an item.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info