[2.6] Oro's Flicker has never been stronger

TLDR

Here's the pastbin for path of building: https://pastebin.com/h4AAcw2T (blood magic version)

And the screenshot of Life/Dps/Etc for effective DPS

http://i.imgur.com/I0E27BK.png

Why Oro's is worth playing now:

>Raider Buff from 2.5

you no longer need to use a chance to ignite in your link set up for 100% frenzy charge up time. also status immunity is really nice.

>Melee Splash radius increase in 2.6

each level of melee splash now gives increases 3% radius increase. this build normally didn't stack aoe, so sometimes the splash wouldn't hit the entire pack. the aoe changes (supposedly) will increase splash radius

>Huge Passive Tree buffs

-210% life life now (previously around 180%)
-Massive increases to elemental damage (over 80% with an additional 5% ele pen)
-More life leech (.4% more)
-Less ele reflect damage taken

2.6 Passive Tree at Level 90

>Free Endurance charges from the red dream and bonus chaos damage

Put it here: http://i.imgur.com/tSaiziA.png

Note: if you don't have the red dream use enduring cry. It can be cast between flickers easily

How to get going on this build:

Required uniques -

Oro's Sacrifice
>Core of the build
Fireborn Jewel
>Put it here: http://i.imgur.com/Dps7Ckh.png

Nice-to-have uniques (in order of importance) -

Kaom's Heart
The non legacy version gives %fire damage. Legacy version is going to be highly sought after so I wouldn't bother
Atziri's Promise
Nice extra leech, and it synergies well with the extra chaos dmg from red dream
The Wise Oak
20% Fire penetration as long as your fire resistance is the highest
Zerphi's Last Breath
If you find yourself low on mana often, this is an amazing flask. You're looking at 1k+ instant leech per second for free.
Death's Door
Immunity to bleed lets you use any flask you want

Bandits -

Life > Passive > Frenzy

Links (with kaom's heart) -

Flicker > WED > Multi > Splash > Fire Pene > [Faster Attacks, Life Leech, Empower]
Anger > Blasphemy > Flammability > Vaal Haste
CODT > Immortal Call > Inc Duration > Flame Golem
Vaal Haste > Faster Attacks > Leap Slam > [Ancestral Protector, Ancestral Warchief, Decoy Totem]

If you're going Blood magic change the following gems:
Flammability > Vaal Haste > Vaal Lightning Trap > Inc. Duration

Flasks -

Silver flask - only required flask. Onslaugh gives us phasing. Phasing gives us elemental immunity. So essential this flask gives us 20% attack speed, bleed removal and all elemental status immunity
Atziri's promise - very cheap, very strong. helps with life leech as well
The Wise Oak - 20% fire penetration is awesome. keep in mind it's capped at -100% fire res on target
Vinktar with added lightning (for shock and extra leech) - may not need this if you use vaal lightning trap. it helps with mana problems if you're not using blood magic
Life flask (Or Blood of the Karui)
Overflowing Chalice (for damage and flask sustain) - use in tandem with vinktar
Zerphi's Last Breath (if not blood magic) - use in tandem with non-bm setup

Remember, raider means you're immune to elemental status effects. All you need is bleed/poison removal (unless you go death's door).

Rare gear -

Jewels:
+2 mana gained for each enemy hit by your attacks
Life
Fire/Melee/Aoe dmg
+int
atk speed

Helm:
Life
Resists

Rings: (preferrable opal rings)
ele dmg
fire dmg
weapon ele damage
life
resists
added fire dmg

Gloves:
16% more attack speed essence (if you can get it, then put leap slam into gloves)
attack speed
life
resistances

Boots: Use unique boots, there's a lot to choose from
Death's door
Abberath's Hooves
Gang's Momentum
Darkray Vectors
Windscream (account for another curse)
New Kaom's Roots (if you're not using kaom's heart)

A few additional tips:

-Get %damage per frenzy charge. With 9 frenzy charges that's 81% increased damage. That's huge!
-If you feel squishy try picking up either Acrobatics or Iron Reflects (NOT BOTH XD!). With iron reflexes drop anger and get grace. It makes uber lab farming really easy, which is a good money-maker for leagues.
-The best boot enchants is +1 frenzy charge corruption (easily obtainable on kaom's roots, they sell for 1c). Otherwise the leach enchant is also a very good option.
-I'd strongly recommend going +1 frenzy kaom's roots and a 6-L +100life body armour as it's much easier on the rest of your gear. Plus you get a lot more sockets to work with. Kaom's heart is not only expensive but also requires the rest of your gear to have better resistances.
-Remember that you're immune to elemental status while you're phasing. And you get phasing if you have onslaught. So popping a silver flask will remove the elemental status. While mapping you'll be killing stuff which gives phasing, max frenzy charges also gives you phasing. So for the most part this isn't a big deal, except against bosses.

Are you rich?
Try going trickster ci w/ ele overload. one of my characters is spec'd for it on my character sheets. less dmg, more effective life (around 10k es)

Want more damage?
The Taming + Emberwake. It's insane.

Having trouble with mana? Read here.
You really shouldn't have trouble with mana until you start to hit 10+ asp. To fix this you can try out a few options. You don't need to do all of them,

1. Jewels that have +mana gained on hit. -

This is the cheapest option, and the easiest to get. Have all your rare jewels with this mod.

2. Spec 3 passives points into Essence Sap in the passive tree. -

Going to be honest, I don't really like this option. Sure it gives you +mana on hit, but so does a single jewel mod. The extra mana leech rate may help you just of range.

3. Drop anger for herald of ice. -

It's about a 15% drop in damage. But if you're running out of mana constantly it'll increase ur mana

4. Get a vinktars with added lightning to attacks -

You then might want to run herald of thunder for more leech. Obviously the most expensive options is the best solution, but I realize this is a budget friendly build so it's unlikely many of you will bother with trying to get one.

Quick note. Flammability providers more damage than anger. Do not drop your curse if you're struggling with damage.

Blood Magic

After getting a 6-link and using faster attacks and vaal haste and ancestral protector I was getting over 19 attacks per second. At this point it felt impossible sustain mana so I tried out a blood magic version. The tree is nearly identical except you pick up blood magic once you get a 6-link.

I then swapped out one of my rings for Essence Worm so I could still use anger. Then instead of using blasphemy I self-cast flammability with increased duration. I found that the only time I "needed" the curse was against bosses, and most bosses die in 20 seconds anyways.

Uber Lab Video

Someone was having trouble with lab, here's an example video. I didn't know the layout so I got lost in the beginning. Oops. It should be a pretty easy run. Don't forgot to leap slam for fortify if you have low defense/life

https://youtu.be/S1kOBT0_2Gc

Current Gear:
Spoiler

FAQ

Why not Avatar of the Chase?

Avatar of the Veil gives use elemental status immunity. This lets us run 4 unique flasks as we only need bleed removal

I keep getting stunned, suggestions?

You can use Koam's Roots to give you Unwavering Stance which gives you stun immunity. If you're not using a Kaom's Heart I strongly recommend using these boots regardless. It's easy to get a +1 frenzy charge corrupt on them, they're only around 1c

Otherwise you can spend 3 passive points to get the keystone. It's right past the "bloodless" life wheel.

Can we use elemental overload?

Elemental overload requires us to crit, which means we can't use Resolute Technique. We then have to worry about accuracy on gear, and we're already struggling to get resistances because of the amount of uniques we're using. Flicker strike will also consume frenzy charges even if the attack misses. This key stone shouldn't be bothered with unless you're going tricker/ci

If you math it out, you'd need at least 92% accuracy just to break even with resolute technique, but that's not counting the potential loss of frenzy charges.

Can I farm guardians/atziri with this build

No. Flicker strike isn't a viable skill against tier 16 bosses. If you'd like you can swap out for cyclone to farm bosses. However, once you get a 5+ links tier 12-15 should be easy using exclusively flicker strike.

What lab enchants should I get

Your boots should be corrupted with +1 frenzy so no enchant there. For gloves it doesn't really matter. If however you get the "curse with elemental weakness on hit" corruption you may want to consider running a 2 curse setup.

Your helm enchant you want 9% increased flicker strike damage per frenzy charge as this will give you an 81% increase.

What order should I get the ascendancy points?

Personal preference, but I like getting them in this order:
Way of the Poacher > Quartz Infusion > Avatar of the Veil > Avatar of the Slaughter
You really want Avatar of the Veil before you start mapping for the easy elemental immunity

I'm having trouble leveling, how should I progress through the passive tree?

Go straight for resolute technique. This will take 26 points to do so. That's okay, because these levels should be easy regardless. Then pick up all of the high value life and damage nodes such as bloodless, golem's blood, executioner. You might also want to get the life/mana leech node as well. Path your way up the duelist area. Then finally after you've gotten most of the left side of the tree feel free to go up to the shadow area and grab all of those nodes. Those should be your final nodes as most of them are damage.

Why not Xoph's blood?

It's not an efficient way to spend your currency. You should have lab helmet enchant, kaom's, 6-link, etc. before you get this. It's not a bad option, but you'll also need to make up for resists as well.
Last edited by FoldedCorner on Jul 8, 2017, 3:56:07 PM
Last bumped on Aug 17, 2017, 10:19:21 PM
Looks really good will be running this as my starter character.
the passive tree doesn't seem to be working for me
"
tylor900 wrote:
the passive tree doesn't seem to be working for me

Use the 2.6 poe skill tree, this one is not updated yet.

This looks like fun! Well thought out for sure. Some questions : Why didn't you take acro and pacro? Also have you calculated aprox max life with kaom's?
Last edited by RestInPieces on Mar 1, 2017, 9:33:32 PM
"
>Free Endurance charges from the green dream and bonus chaos damage

I assume you mean The Red Dream?
"
dyfrgi wrote:
"

maybe a mistake? the red dream get endurancy chargers, but green dream ger frenzy + the chaos dmg he is talking to, maybe this build have frenzy enough so if the sustain is ok, i'd go with red dream.
Ill be running this come 2.6.....last run had a oro flicket for farming and it was great.
"
Estatica wrote:
"
dyfrgi wrote:
"

maybe a mistake? the red dream get endurancy chargers, but green dream ger frenzy + the chaos dmg he is talking to, maybe this build have frenzy enough so if the sustain is ok, i'd go with red dream.

I am going to assume yes he meant the green dream for Ed charges. This build will make plenty of frenzy charges all by it self.
I think I'm going to try this out. Still not convinced about efficient leveling though.
"
EmptyJar wrote:
I think I'm going to try this out. Still not convinced about efficient leveling though.

Just go 2handers with Sunder, maybe go Ice-Crash as said above getting those new cold conversion nodes, rush RT, then get the 2h phys nodes from Duelist, with the conversion nodes you took now you can benefit from taking the WED nodes. Should be OK

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info