[3.24]g00fy_goober's EleBuzzsaw Deadeye (Easily Clear All Content) *REVAMPED AGAIN*

Ele reflect maps are very easy if you have sibyls and the pantheon, no regen is also very easy. And why are you saying claws are mandatory? You get leech with other weapon bases too at the bottom of the tree. In fact foils have a decent amount better dps.

Also, why whirling blades over shield charge? Whirling doesnt scale with movement speed whereas shield charge does.

Also the deceleration enchant provides more dps than ST damage enchant for single target if you hit the boss at the end of the trajectory (due to ST's ability to hit every 0.3 seconds with the same projectile).
Sweaty_ballz - Lv 1 solo - Leveling is too easy - Twilight strand for life :)
Last edited by schebab7 on Nov 4, 2017, 2:46:48 PM
"
schebab7 wrote:
Ele reflect maps are very easy if you have sibyls and the pantheon, no regen is also very easy. And why are you saying claws are mandatory? You get leech with other weapon bases too at the bottom of the tree. In fact foils have a decent amount better dps.

Also, why whirling blades over shield charge? Whirling doesnt scale with movement speed whereas shield charge does.

Also the deceleration enchant provides more dps than ST damage enchant for single target if you hit the boss at the end of the trajectory (due to ST's ability to hit every 0.3 seconds with the same projectile).

- Ele reflect maps are indeed easy just with the 10% reduction from tree + pantheon. Throw on sibyls and you have no more issues at all.

- NO regen maps are usually fine but if you whirl a great distance you run out of mana and have to normal attack some mobs before you leech enough to cast spell again. It can be kind of annoying

- Whirling blades is completely personal choice, I enjoy the feel of it 1000 times more than shield charge. We don't have a lot of movespeed because we do whirl all over the place so its not needed. To me shield charge is much more clunky to use and gets stuck on terrain a lot more. If you would rather use it, feel free.

- Leech applies to any weapon yes, but you have to take all the claw nodes to get soul raker so why would you ever use anything else? Swords are inferior to claws in every way. For example the best "sword" you can ever have is a foil. Base is 5.5% crit for 1.6 aps. Imperial claw is best claw base you can have (unless you go Gemini for the mana on hit as well) the base is also 1.6 aps but crit is 6% instead of 5.5%.

- ST% enchant is the one you want
"
g00fy_goober wrote:

- Leech applies to any weapon yes, but you have to take all the claw nodes to get soul raker so why would you ever use anything else? Swords are inferior to claws in every way. For example the best "sword" you can ever have is a foil. Base is 5.5% crit for 1.6 aps. Imperial claw is best claw base you can have (unless you go Gemini for the mana on hit as well) the base is also 1.6 aps but crit is 6% instead of 5.5%.

Because swords have higher dps. I've done it in PoB with multiple different claws. It always ends up with a loss in dps even though my sword is t2 lightning, t1 cold and t1 fire with t1 ias, t2 crit multi and mastercrafted crit chance, even 5 t1 imperials ends up with less dps. It's not even a matter of a question for me. I'm also surprised that it is that way, but I don't question numbers. Claws are inferior to foils when it comes to damage.

none of the mirror service claws gave me a dps boost that exists in harbinger and they have better stats than my sword, straight up. you can check PoB for yourself. foil wins in the end.. probably cause of the crit multi and that fatal blade pathing provides more damage than soul raker pathing. the only real upside with claws is that you dont have to take the life/mana leech nodes in the south part of the tree.

ST enchant is less single target dps than the deceleration one. Maybe ST damage enchant is better if you're mapping and you're missing a bit of dps to smooth out map clear, but the deceleration is really just insane for shaper and such things. For a high geared character the ST enchant just doesnt really do anything for you since you will end up one shotting the mobs in the maps anyway (including rares with headhunter) and the only thing 'slowing' you down is the bosses where deceleration wins. At least if you switch to slower proj since it synergises really well with it.

feel free to let me know if you find a claw that gives more damage that exists in let's say harbinger sc. im actually curious where you got the information from that claws are superior in every way

I do however have 16% attack speed with swords and there was one claw with better stats than my sword that gave me 10k dps decrease which might be an upgrade with equivalent claw jewel, but the point being that claw had t1 crit multi, t1 lightning and the rest was the same.
I even had the apropriate claw nodes and PoB still told me it was a dps loss.
Last edited by schebab7 on Nov 5, 2017, 12:13:35 PM
"
schebab7 wrote:
"
g00fy_goober wrote:

Because swords have higher dps. I've done it in PoB with multiple different claws. It always ends up with a loss in dps even though my sword is t2 lightning, t1 cold and t1 fire with t1 ias, t2 crit multi and mastercrafted crit chance, even 5 t1 imperials ends up with less dps. It's not even a matter of a question for me. I'm also surprised that it is that way, but I don't question numbers. Claws are inferior to foils when it comes to damage.

none of the mirror service claws gave me a dps boost that exists in harbinger and they have better stats than my sword, straight up. you can check PoB for yourself. foil wins in the end.. probably cause of the crit multi and that fatal blade pathing provides more damage than soul raker pathing. the only real upside with claws is that you dont have to take the life/mana leech nodes in the south part of the tree.

ST enchant is less single target dps than the deceleration one. Maybe ST damage enchant is better if you're mapping and you're missing a bit of dps to smooth out map clear, but the deceleration is really just insane for shaper and such things. For a high geared character the ST enchant just doesnt really do anything for you since you will end up one shotting the mobs in the maps anyway (including rares with headhunter) and the only thing 'slowing' you down is the bosses where deceleration wins. At least if you switch to slower proj since it synergises really well with it.

feel free to let me know if you find a claw that gives more damage that exists in let's say harbinger sc. im actually curious where you got the information from that claws are superior in every way

I do however have 16% attack speed with swords and there was one claw with better stats than my sword that gave me 10k dps decrease which might be an upgrade with equivalent claw jewel, but the point being that claw had t1 crit multi, t1 lightning and the rest was the same.
I even had the apropriate claw nodes and PoB still told me it was a dps loss.

Using POB or in rality foil loses out to claw everytime, unless your crit/multi and tree is completely different. Shaper vs guardian vs other boss, general mapping, however you do it foil is worse by far.

For example take literally 100% perfect foil + 100% perfect claw. Shaper/guardian set, point blank distance on, now I crafted 2 test weapons Imperial claw with 100% perfect stats and jeweled foil with 100% perfect stats. Crit 43.64% effective crit 68.23% (diamond flask is turned on). 261k dps. Change to foil (without changing tree nodes) and it drops to 193k dps.

Now keep in mind this is with claw nodes still, so now take claw nodes with best claw vs sword nodes with sword...

Claw = 261k dps
Sword = 249k dps

Now that is just the claw/sword wheel 5 nodes. So if you take into consideration that if you went swords you would take off claws of the falcon and thus would have 3 extra points to use for the leech nodes the numbers would essentially be just that. Meaning claws are better.

Now again don't get me wrong, im not saying swords are bad/awful by any means, but claws take the cake with the "best".

As for the enchant, turn off GMP and add slower projectiles. With 40% ST enchant your single target dps against shaper/guardian is 364k dps, change enchant too deceleration and you drop to 343k dps. That is a 21k dps loss.

I am not sure if your just overlooking something in POB or what, but you are mistaken on both accounts.

Claws are better than swords
% ST dmg is the enchant you want (this is also reflected in price) that's why deceleration rats nest is like 30-60c and cheapest % ST dmg is like 4ex+
I was thinking doing this build on the next race. Do you think is viable?

Also, by checking the tree I noticed that you took Vaal Pact before taking any leech nodes. How it is supposed to maintain the life without regeneration and without leech?
Last edited by bibanul on Nov 6, 2017, 10:51:38 AM
"
g00fy_goober wrote:

Using POB or in rality foil loses out to claw everytime, unless your crit/multi and tree is completely different. Shaper vs guardian vs other boss, general mapping, however you do it foil is worse by far.

For example take literally 100% perfect foil + 100% perfect claw. Shaper/guardian set, point blank distance on, now I crafted 2 test weapons Imperial claw with 100% perfect stats and jeweled foil with 100% perfect stats. Crit 43.64% effective crit 68.23% (diamond flask is turned on). 261k dps. Change to foil (without changing tree nodes) and it drops to 193k dps.

Now keep in mind this is with claw nodes still, so now take claw nodes with best claw vs sword nodes with sword...

Claw = 261k dps
Sword = 249k dps

Now that is just the claw/sword wheel 5 nodes. So if you take into consideration that if you went swords you would take off claws of the falcon and thus would have 3 extra points to use for the leech nodes the numbers would essentially be just that. Meaning claws are better.

Now again don't get me wrong, im not saying swords are bad/awful by any means, but claws take the cake with the "best".

As for the enchant, turn off GMP and add slower projectiles. With 40% ST enchant your single target dps against shaper/guardian is 364k dps, change enchant too deceleration and you drop to 343k dps. That is a 21k dps loss.

I am not sure if your just overlooking something in POB or what, but you are mistaken on both accounts.

Claws are better than swords
% ST dmg is the enchant you want (this is also reflected in price) that's why deceleration rats nest is like 30-60c and cheapest % ST dmg is like 4ex+

Yeah I get opposite numbers but with sword being ahead rather than claw, but our trees are quite different not only the claw/sword nodes and the gear as well. I've been using my own gear/tree and modifying it while comparing.

I don't think you understand how deceleration works, the deceleration enchant doesnt give any paper dps. It's just a damage increase if you position yourself so the boss is at the end of the trajectory with slower proj which PoB cant account for. So putting it into PoB for comparison is pointless.
"
schebab7 wrote:

Yeah I get opposite numbers but with sword being ahead rather than claw, but our trees are quite different not only the claw/sword nodes and the gear as well. I've been using my own gear/tree and modifying it while comparing.

I don't think you understand how deceleration works, the deceleration enchant doesnt give any paper dps. It's just a damage increase if you position yourself so the boss is at the end of the trajectory with slower proj which PoB cant account for. So putting it into PoB for comparison is pointless.

It's definitely possible that POB does not calculate this and I overlooked that on my part for sure.

Still from previous experience, other guides, actually playing the character in multiple leagues + standard etc everyone uses flat bonus for a reason.

I won't go into further giant explanations as we both obviously have different viewpoints.

Ill simply state that im glad you are enjoying your version of the build and wish you luck.
Why Ice Bite? Just for the freeze I guess?

Also any good leveling uniques, specifically weapons, that I may not be thinking of? Using le heup rings and HOTM for now.
IGN: Mirakool
Last edited by Mirakool on Nov 7, 2017, 2:49:11 PM
Hey dude, ill make your build, but have a little trouble. What happened with dps? I have only 27k in hideout, my gear isnt bad, but need little to upgrade. How much dps have you now in this time in hideout? Idk what to do, i understand if dps would be little lower, but I have 2 times less dps... Ill be grateful if you help me. Ty *hate ele builds*
Last edited by ankertest2 on Nov 7, 2017, 4:26:40 PM
"
ankertest2 wrote:
Hey dude, ill make your build, but have a little trouble. What happened with dps? I have only 27k in hideout, my gear isnt bad, but need little to upgrade. How much dps have you now in this time in hideout? Idk what to do, i understand if dps would be little lower, but I have 2 times less dps... Ill be grateful if you help me. Ty *hate ele builds*

From looking at your character, there are a few things I picked up:
- You need more levels first
- Your gems aren't optimal yet (not 21/20 or even level 20 yet)
- Your items can be improved further (i.e your claw)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info