2.6.0 Area of Effect Changes

my wife left me
🥚 IGN: demigodking | Creator of Demigod's Wager
🍋 twitch.tv/demi | youtube.com/demigodkinglol
🥔 Mirror Thread (400+ Services): pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1753977
🍋 #1 Items, IIQ MF Item Duplication Services, Carries and More!
🥚 TheSpiderQueenByDemi - Hall of Grandmasters
wtf why would you do that why dafuq would you nerf aoe and omg for melee
i wanted to roll a duelist with earthquake but i guess fucking not
fucking shit ggg rip fun vspark and projectile league incoming
"
Pathological wrote:
Describing it as exponentially increasing area is a misnomer, since the deciding factor in whehter or not you hit any given mob is the radius, which did not increase exponentially.

The area size does (or did after the change goes live) increase exponentially, how does that not translate to the deciding factor you mentioned? Maybe I've misunderstood something...
what about molten shell? any AoE love?
Main characters: Deep_water - AnomaIy - Artica
Build guides: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1602863
"
what does this mean for aura/curse builds? bigger or smaller auras?
please answer... im scared on doing a aura support build now if it got nerfed

I like to know as well?

Auramancer / Curse Guardian are my main chars.
u wot m8

so.. if i put points into templar and witch aoe nodes, and use increased aoe gem, and put pizzas into my helm +40% aoe from hierophant changed ascendancy,will i get alot of aoe or less aoe on my pizza stick/ pizza blast?
Last edited by lambrioza on Feb 26, 2017, 8:08:24 PM
Rip my full aoe RF build o.O
In order to get rid of clearspeed meta cap global movement speed at 100% but make all skills instant so everything feels great.
Think of the Aurabots, won't someone please think of the Aurabots?

Seriously, like, AoE is their number one thing, because their whole purpose is to buff their party members, and in a party of 3 or 4 people it's just not possible to stay standing right next to all of your party members at all times. More to the point, since auras do not deal damage directly like other AoE skills I think there is a good reason for treating their AoE differently than skills which directly deal damage. At the moment it's possible for an Aura character to get their Aura AoE to fully cover their own screen and perhaps a bit extra off the edges (I'm not quite sure how much since I can't see it, and I haven't sat down and worked it out in Excel) which is super handy for making sure that the Aurabots aura coverage is large enough to keep party members buffed most of the time. I don't know what the effect on Aura AoE will actually look like, but if this nerf works for aura AoE in the way that GGG seems to intend for AoE on everything else then it could have the potential to make playing Aurabot support a lot less worthwhile, which would be a shame from a build diversity perspective.

I'd like to hear from someone at GGG on this, some information about before and after radius difference for Auras given an Aurabot taking all the aura AoE nodes in the passives tree would be very useful. The whole point of an Aurabot is to keep party members buffed, this is why the generosity support gem exists. Therefore, from an Aurabot perspective, even if there are diminishing returns on investing in Aura AoE in the passives tree, that's just something the Aurabot will have to put up with. The Aurabot will probably still get all of the Aura AoE nodes in the tree because the AoE is necessary to keep party members buffed and that is the only reason for playing an Aurabot.

Cheers.
Last edited by HoneyBadGerMan on Feb 26, 2017, 8:10:40 PM
apart from the wtf?!? shit like nerfing reave

I think the worst thing about this change is that before almost every player understood how inc aoe worked and could calculate what their skill would do in their head, your skill had 10 radius you get 40% increased you then had 14 radius.
After the change the majority of players won't even understand how the radius is actually calculated let alone be able to do it themselves in a reasonable amount of time.

Also why u lion about buffing melee splash :(
IGN: Volki
better nerf vspark, poison and double dip instead of poor reave ;x

time to leave hypetrain

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info