[3.10] Bashtart's SPARK INQUISITOR * farming like a god! :)

"
"
bashtart wrote:

The problem with the LT/GC setup is that it will not shock highend bosses... at least when I did phoenix today it felt so. Has someone else done some guardins, shaper or uber atziri with it?

But BV wouldn't either, so isn't that point moot?

If you can’t shock „elemental focus“ gives much more dps than controlled destruction. According to PoB an average hit with BV with 20 stacks desls about 85. - 90k dmg ... with inpulsa and bit crit luck I think it is possible to shock high life enemies. Normally you need deal 1% of total enemies hp with s hit to shock. With a good rolled inpulsa it is much less.
[3.2] Bashtart's Spark Inquisitor: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1838569
[3.2] Oni-Goroshi Frost Blades Trickster: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2077486
Really can't understand why so many people are complaining about BV. It is much better then GC or LT imo when it comes to DPS. GC is not bad but without Long Winter jewels dps is not that high and even with 2 of those it still not even close to BV. Understand that people can hate skill playstyle but math don't lie :P.

In addition, you can have let say 15-16 stacks of BV and still cast Spark or EK for example.

If I remember correctly, Mathil did EK/BV build in 3.0 and BV damage was like 1.2 milion on 20 stacks. Neither GC nor LT can achieve that result. LT can maybe hit for 300k with TOP gear and helm enchant which is similar to EK.
Nice build man, love it.

"
lilbuddha wrote:

Crafted this with ~100alts ~20aug, 1 regal, 1 exalt (the mana, meh). 13% more dam, Tooltip warrior best warrior.

Well more tooltip does not really mean more dps...our offense is based on invetiable judgement don't forget that. The penetration is never shown in tooltip. Also have you also included the lightning bolt of choirs into your calculation because that things does crazy amounts of dmg.

"
Faliaty wrote:
I have a short question about the skiltree:

Is it Blood Drinker worth to respec 5 5% max life nodes to make the way to Blood Drinker?

thx 4 replies!

Fali

Well lets have a look... it more or less brings 20% life and 10 dex for four points. Just play around with PoB and try out if you can come up with something better.

"
zaboleqqq wrote:
Really can't understand why so many people are complaining about BV. It is much better then GC or LT imo when it comes to DPS. GC is not bad but without Long Winter jewels dps is not that high and even with 2 of those it still not even close to BV. Understand that people can hate skill playstyle but math don't lie :P.

In addition, you can have let say 15-16 stacks of BV and still cast Spark or EK for example.

If I remember correctly, Mathil did EK/BV build in 3.0 and BV damage was like 1.2 milion on 20 stacks. Neither GC nor LT can achieve that result. LT can maybe hit for 300k with TOP gear and helm enchant which is similar to EK.

I think so too... and when you do bosses from guardians up you will really feel that difference in missing dps.

Edit: i did additional testing with elemental focus instead of controlled destruction that is a lot better. My gems are mostly lvl 19 and I killed phoenix, chimera and minotaur with it. So it is definitly possible to do endgame with the LT/GC setup. I died a few tomes in every run but I guess that was mostly because I tried things out and I am not used to the setup.

[3.2] Bashtart's Spark Inquisitor: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1838569
[3.2] Oni-Goroshi Frost Blades Trickster: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2077486
Last edited by bashtart on Dec 24, 2017, 3:59:42 AM
"
bashtart wrote:

"
Faliaty wrote:
I have a short question about the skiltree:

Is it Blood Drinker worth to respec 5 5% max life nodes to make the way to Blood Drinker?

thx 4 replies!

Fali

Well lets have a look... it more or less brings 20% life and 10 dex for four points. Just play around with PoB and try out if you can come up with something better.

Hey Bash,

I think you missunderstood me. The question wasn`t if Blood Drinker is it worth at all, it was if it is worth atm to spend the 5 5% life nodes to make the way to it.
But I just realised my own fault: I was interested in the 0,4% life leech, but just saw that it is attack damage so it is useless for us, right?

But now I got the next prob. I played around in PoB like you recommended and that always worked fine, but now the values of the just imported character are wrong (didn`t chnage the char over hours). It shows 4927 max life and 488 ES, but in game (in HO without any auras) I have 5021 max Life and 745 ES! PoB is up to date, bandit is set right.

Any ideas what could be wrong?

thx Fali

And Merry Christmas to you all! :-)
Why everyone is going with gloves spark setup? Isn't it better to horror shaped helm with something like Innervate? yea, cost more but i guess it has more damage as well.
Why dont used
Spell Echo > Controlled Destruction > Increased Critical Strikes > Concentrated Effect > Glacial Cascade
?
i think Cast while Channelling Support and Lightning Tendrils is really really bad man !
cast speed is so low !
beacuse i used it for 5-link and i always died in T13 T14 even in Abyss
can anyone tell me why plz ?
and how to fix it ?
"
Faliaty wrote:

thx Fali

Not really but just make a new import and that should solve your problem.

"
prophets wrote:
Why everyone is going with gloves spark setup? Isn't it better to horror shaped helm with something like Innervate? yea, cost more but i guess it has more damage as well.

That is probably true... but it is more about the package deal with starkonja's which also gives good dmg for both dmg setup and also very good defense. There are just different ways you can build your setup everything has advantages and disadvantages.

"
blueshe009 wrote:
Why dont used
Spell Echo > Controlled Destruction > Increased Critical Strikes > Concentrated Effect > Glacial Cascade
?
i think Cast while Channelling Support and Lightning Tendrils is really really bad man !
cast speed is so low !
and how to fix it ?

First I thought so too but the positive feedback of the community to the suggestion of one player convinced me to test it. I more or less changed gem... elemental focus for controlled destruction... I test a lot I really tried to find better setups but I could not. WIth the LT CWC GC setup I killed all guardians... so I guess it can't be so bad but if you find a better solution let us know.

The selfcast gc setup I tried but is just not that good imo.

Okay guys I made a little video of my testing of LT CWC GC setup on elder & shaper guardians...have fun!

Testing LT CWC GC setup on elder & shaper guardians!

Last edited by bashtart on Dec 24, 2017, 9:46:14 AM
"
bashtart wrote:
"
Faliaty wrote:

thx Fali

Not really but just make a new import and that should solve your problem.

"
prophets wrote:

That is probably true... but it is more about the package deal with starkonja's which also gives good dmg for both dmg setup and also very good defense. There are just different ways you can build your setup everything has advantages and disadvantages.

"
blueshe009 wrote:
Why dont used
?
cast speed is so low !
and how to fix it ?

First I thought so too but the positive feedback of the community to the suggestion of one player convinced me to test it. I more or less changed gem... elemental focus for controlled destruction... I test a lot I really tried to find better setups but I could not. WIth the LT CWC GC setup I killed all guardians... so I guess it can't be so bad but if you find a better solution let us know.

The selfcast gc setup I tried but is just not that good imo.

Okay guys I made a little video of my testing of LT CWC GC setup on elder & shaper guardians...have fun!

Testing LT CWC GC setup on elder & shaper guardians!

Hey man thanks for trying it out. You are right ele focus is better i have been using +spells vinktar to still shock bosses so we get to double up on more dmg from focus and our chest shock for a few seconds on bosses. The damage is immediately noticable.

Ultimately BV is more dmg if you use hrim and fully convert but it all comes down to everyones current setups and if you like to use BV or not. I loved the build right away but was personally using spark on bosses because i hate BV. To each their own but the LT setup def works as you have seen as an alternative. Glad i could help and thank you for the great fun build!

Ultimately if people have the cash for it im pretty sure empower 4 will trump both gem setups but im not at my computer to run a pob on it yet. Based on how spells scale heavily with levels if you could get a 21 LT and GC wi5h empower 4 the dmg should be way higher.
Last edited by coaa on Dec 24, 2017, 10:55:41 AM
bash so what conclusion? GC/LT better than BV for bosses/elder/guardians/shaper?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info