[3.10] Bashtart's SPARK INQUISITOR * farming like a god! :)

"
rockanddark66 wrote:
"
bashtart wrote:

Hi, sure you should stick with it when it feels better for you. I really think every player should adapt the gear & setup to his playstyle because not every setup works for everyone. So I really think it is good that you try things out and that you search for the best setup for you.

The physical to fire convertion will help for this setup because glacial cascade only converts 60% to cold damage. Also the added damage to spell helps this setup. The 25% chance is also a good layer of defense. I must confess I never tested the magna eclipsis myself but I just don'T think that the additional armour and the 1000 elemental shield will be good enough to compete with chernobog's. Maybe when you use the shield for a more important setup... f.e. your herald, onslaught & arctic armour setup with +2 level to gems it would be better.

Maybe I will try the shield out and I will admit that I am wrong :)

It's never about right or wrong when you play path of exile :D. It's all about playstyle, while chernobog gives extra damage, magna eclipsis gives extra defense, I personally will take the extra defense to feel safer. Played a lot with double spell daggers on this build, and I felt extremly squishy, even if I wiped almost every mobs in a map, some rare ones or a boss would always give me trouble. Got myself magna eclipsis and that 1k extra layer of elemental shield doesn't look like a loot but does a lot. Chernobog is indeed a better shield if you look for more damage, but this build does crazy lots of damage with or whitout it, I can clear t15 maps with brightbeaks in my hand, at this point extra damage is just useless, so I'm getting extra defense instead.

Yeah you are right... the most common mistake is that player invest to much in offense and don't balance the build correctly. I tested the shield today but I will stick with chernobog's I don't think that the defense is weaker with this shield and the offense is definitly stronger. If you stick with magma eclipsis I really would recommend that you put your mana reserve setup into the shield for +2 level.

"
rockanddark66 wrote:
"
Vassili666 wrote:
If we use LT Instead of BV Do we need spark still? Since This setup with LT and Glacial Cascade seems like its aoe or am I wrong?

The LT/GC setup it's not that aoe, kinda small range actually, because of conc effect maybe. Spark is still the main skill on this build, LT/GC is only for single targets or mobs that would not be so easy to beat with spark.

I tested the LT/GC setup the whole day and it is pretty decent but I think I will stick with BV setup. I more or less need the single target only for highend bosses and from my testing the BV setup performs better. The phoenix run I did today with LT/GC toke like forever and I died like 3 times. I have not leveled the gems fully so I guess I have to do that to really decide.
[3.2] Bashtart's Spark Inquisitor: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1838569
[3.2] Oni-Goroshi Frost Blades Trickster: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2077486
I just got enough currency to buy Choir of the Storm so Im thinking is it better option maybe to buy Voice of the Storm and blessing since its cheeper or does that not work anymore since that was only in breach league...also if it does work do I have to look for max rolls on Voice of the Storm or when you bless the item it get completly random rolls? Thanks in advance for any information
IGN:Avlorena,Amoridan,Gernil im usualy on in any of these characters
"
Vassili666 wrote:
I just got enough currency to buy Choir of the Storm so Im thinking is it better option maybe to buy Voice of the Storm and blessing since its cheeper or does that not work anymore since that was only in breach league...also if it does work do I have to look for max rolls on Voice of the Storm or when you bless the item it get completly random rolls? Thanks in advance for any information

Yes you can use voice of the storm and blessing... I did it too. I think it rolls completly random but I am not 100% sure.
[3.2] Bashtart's Spark Inquisitor: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1838569
[3.2] Oni-Goroshi Frost Blades Trickster: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2077486

Crafted this with ~100alts ~20aug, 1 regal, 1 exalt (the mana, meh). 13% more dam, Tooltip warrior best warrior.
I have a short question about the skiltree:

Is it Blood Drinker worth to respec 5 5% max life nodes to make the way to Blood Drinker?

thx 4 replies!

Fali
Hi,
Dude the build is awesome and kind of an eye opener too, the level of tankiness is amazing for something not using VP (RIP) Ive been mowing thru the content like a god, the only thing stoping me is the map drop rate but ive steadily climbed to tier 11/12. Been messing around with the gear, testing EK+BV but honestly spark just feels better. Only crappy part is using spark around abyss cracks :/

My current gear (dont mid the links :D)
"
FrozenFuji wrote:
Hi,
Only crappy part is using spark around abyss cracks :/

I have Vaal Arc and Bodyswap gemmed for just that reason. Bodyswap is an awesome movement skill as well for backtracking, given theres a few corpses leftover that weren't exploded by your sparks.
"
coaa wrote:
So after a night of testing, I can comfortably say if you don't like BV like me, I have found a great single target solution.

Everything stays the same tree wise and 95% gear wise, just no hrimburn , in your chest you are going to use the following setup instead:

Lightning Tendrils > Cast While Channeling > Glacial Cascade > Inc Crit Strikes > Conc > Controlled Destruction

This setup has been absolutely melting bosses in every tier (have only pushed to T13 so far - don't typically go into red maps until 90+). I would say that it kills quicker then BV, you don't have to constantly cast it, and it still synergizes perfectly with the conc Templar nodes we take but offers you a little more range. It is ready always, as soon as you need it. BV, fully elementally converted will most likely do more damage at 15-20 stacks if you can keep them up, but this requires using hrimburn which i'm not a fan of personally, especially because I am using new shaper gloves with faster proj and my spark setup in them.

Another good thing about the setup is in really crappy layout maps that aren't open, I have been just using this instead of spark. It still triggers our OP chest lightsplosions and clears full rooms of packs the second you touch them with tendrils.

dude, thank you for that. The thing holding me back from checking this out was BV. It's so...meh. This is baller!!

Does Chernobog's curse "on hit" work with spells??
Last edited by DamageIncorporated on Dec 23, 2017, 4:28:24 PM
"
"
coaa wrote:
So after a night of testing, I can comfortably say if you don't like BV like me, I have found a great single target solution.

Everything stays the same tree wise and 95% gear wise, just no hrimburn , in your chest you are going to use the following setup instead:

Lightning Tendrils > Cast While Channeling > Glacial Cascade > Inc Crit Strikes > Conc > Controlled Destruction

This setup has been absolutely melting bosses in every tier (have only pushed to T13 so far - don't typically go into red maps until 90+). I would say that it kills quicker then BV, you don't have to constantly cast it, and it still synergizes perfectly with the conc Templar nodes we take but offers you a little more range. It is ready always, as soon as you need it. BV, fully elementally converted will most likely do more damage at 15-20 stacks if you can keep them up, but this requires using hrimburn which i'm not a fan of personally, especially because I am using new shaper gloves with faster proj and my spark setup in them.

Another good thing about the setup is in really crappy layout maps that aren't open, I have been just using this instead of spark. It still triggers our OP chest lightsplosions and clears full rooms of packs the second you touch them with tendrils.

dude, thank you for that. The thing holding me back from checking this out was BV. It's so...meh. This is baller!!

Does Chernobog's curse "on hit" work with spells??

Yes spark hits...

The problem with the LT/GC setup is that it will not shock highend bosses... at least when I did phoenix today it felt so. Has someone else done some guardins, shaper or uber atziri with it?
Last edited by bashtart on Dec 23, 2017, 4:46:08 PM
"
bashtart wrote:

The problem with the LT/GC setup is that it will not shock highend bosses... at least when I did phoenix today it felt so. Has someone else done some guardins, shaper or uber atziri with it?

But BV wouldn't either, so isn't that point moot?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info