Content Update 2.6.0 Balance Changes

Very interesting changes. I'm curious to see how they play out.
Any party speech finally integrated?
incomming updates :

vip from 1 to - 19

autoplay

diamonds shop with uniques and other goodies that you can buy with direct cash

lvl 100 character scrolls

classes are now limited to 3 free and the rest will be bought with diamonds

and other goodies !!!

HYYYPUUUUHHHH
"
WizBlizz1994 wrote:
"
Exile009 wrote:

Thanks for being even dumber. It's like I'm speaking to a 5-year old. But then again, that's what confirmation bias does, I guess. You're looking at one set of patch notes, while I was talking across patch notes. If you want to actually test my claim, go look up the last, say, 5 major patches (so ending in 0 and with no letter in the code, in case you don't know what a major patch is) and read the comments. Depending on the nature of the patch - or the nature of the specific change in cases where people highlight a certain part they care about - you'll find that at least around 70% (yes, this is an estimate based on experience so don't bother accusing me of pulling numbers out of my ass) of the respondents will be complaining while only around 30% or less (most likely less, since there'll be a chunk of neutral responses too) will be praising/thanking GGG for the changes. You won't bother, of course, but hey, at least this makes for a good exercise of my patience (being able to handle 5-year olds is a useful skill, after all).

P.S.: Also, you've happily assumed that none of this affects me. Well, I suppose if it makes you happy...

Who are you again? What's with the insults and terrible attitude? This isn't a place to bash eachother for having an opinion, I haven't mistreated you with my replies I've only tried to be funny and honest. Why are you being hostile and rude? I went through this entire manifesto for you to show you my (short) opinion on every bit of it. Are you so simple that you feel like you have to be condescending to others to validate your own opinion? If you felt offended or threatened by me then you should've just told me dude.

And please, don't act like GGG always makes the best decisions and that they are immune to such flak. We're players, we play the game too - probably more than GGG thinks and if we say we don't like something we'll tell them. That's just how it is man, no need to be so hostile.

Fine. Sorry for being condescending. And no, I don't need validation. My point simply seemed rather obvious, is all. I'm hardly the first one to say it - people have been pointing out the human propensity to react more strongly to negative things than to positive since antiquity. And nowadays there's even been research conducted that backs that up. It's not a controversial thing to say.

As for GGG's decisions, I said quite the opposite. I wasn't saying they don't mistakes, rather I pointed out that there's another set of players who've been pointing out precisely an opposite set of mistakes - that of power creep - to GGG for a while now. But, as expected, if GGG try to rein in power creep, then there's a set of players who take issue with that. The playerbase is hardly some unitary (or unified) entity.
Last edited by Exile009 on Feb 23, 2017, 3:15:59 PM
That's great news guys !

You singlehanded just killed more than 50 different ES builds..
Great !
I was wondering to come back to the game and try this 2.6 update with my Fire-To-Cold IceStorm caster, which I was hoping to get it a bit hyped in this update, instead I just realised you've kill it completely. Great. Just great. It means that my 2 years of collect, play, store, sell, repeat until I am finally able to play with my dream build have sinken into the void.

Well Thanks for Nothing.. :(

PoE will slow die with this constant "balance changes" in favor to the phy and ranger builds, and nerfing to the core anything that left from the pure casters..

It's just a devastation in action..
"
Heyokame wrote:
"
tntkiller wrote:
"

I dont like the change they do to AOE, hwo honestly takes all the AOE nodes on the skilltree? Also i hope they dont decrease the range curses or auras with it.

a auramancer/curse guardian like me...next league my main would be a curseguardian(this league i played auramancer(more dps boost based)

so im concerned about the changes also the vaal disc change affect me and my party that i boost while i argea the flat ES boost was a bit opieopie for some build that use it to facetank the shapers beam and stuff(and then you talking about people with 100+ exalted gear...and GGG forgets a lot of the time while they nerf those build they also nerg the majority that use the skill just to survive normal content and dont have 100+ exalts to build a uber meta build.

imo vaal disc should have a es bonus bit a smaller one together with the regen, or leave it as it is but add another flask to the system... the ES flask that works like a life flaask but only fills ES(not everyone takes ZO not should have to) and the flalsk should be the same as all flasks that you can modify it with orbs...

now how the area affect changes wil turn out on auramancers/guardian im not sure on yet as its hard to understand how they changed it(at least for me)

i love playing support chars..hope GGG keeps those builds in mind too as alternate playstyle(i mosltly play auramancers becuase i have parkingson and have a lot of concentration problems so as support char i can just keep up with the party without having to deal with content that req a lot of skill/flask/boss mechanics. i loved POE becuase its a game that lets me play a game with parkinson.)

I don't have an insightful comment. Just found you inspiring, that's all.

+1. Keep that spirit up, friend. :)
"
Antares_Draco wrote:
"
Motopsycho wrote:
"
Antares_Draco wrote:
Seems cool. I am open minded and perhaps even cautiously optimistic to try new things. Coming from some other F2Ps where the devs really don't care at all one way or another.

To a new guy who is jaded by the shenanigans of other publishers and devs, it's nice to see GGG actually does something, and believe me, for better or worse that is saying a LOT.

Even if a change or a bunch of changes are initially unfavorable to an individual, it keeps things fresh, or as fresh as can be.

I think this is the right mindset for this game.

Thanks. I've been enjoying it. Maybe it's to my benefit that I'm still very new just before a major change hits. If I am still playing PoE in a year (most likely) then perhaps I'll be angry and disagreeable like the others too lol...

Not all of us are angry and disagreeable lol. I've been happily playing this game for 3.5 years. :)
"
Leech effects in the Shadow area of the tree now leech from all attack damage, not just physical attack damage.

Finally, was about time. Only dualist life leech nodes was really bad in such a gigant passive tree.

Thank you GGG.
My end, it justifies my means,
All I ever do is delay,
My every attempt to evade,
The end of the road
And my end....
Last edited by imLuCaSsS on Feb 23, 2017, 3:41:24 PM
"
Yordan wrote:
That's great news guys !

Great !
I was wondering to come back to the game and try this 2.6 update with my Fire-To-Cold IceStorm caster, which I was hoping to get it a bit hyped in this update, instead I just realised you've kill it completely. Great. Just great. It means that my 2 years of collect, play, store, sell, repeat until I am finally able to play with my dream build have sinken into the void.

PoE will slow die with this constant "balance changes" in favor to the phy and ranger builds, and nerfing to the core anything that left from the pure casters..

1. Let me know at least 10 of them, you don't have to point me all 50.
2. "Hmm I would like to play ice storm, but it's damage isn't enough for me! What to do? Och, I can change it to fire and use double-dipping, perfect!"
3. If you collect currency for 2 years for builds like ice stormer, for ur own sake, change the game...
"
Yordan wrote:
That's great news guys !

Great !

Alternative solution: use cold to fire skill gem and get Avatar of Fire.
"In order to be able to think, you have to risk being offensive" - Jordan Peterson(2018)

IGN:TheSnowofWinterFell

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info