Power Siphon

"
Syntastic wrote:
"
Wanted to report a quick bug: You can't break barrels and the like with this spell. I replaced it with my normal wand attack (left click) and it doesn't work, while if I use something like Ice Spear, it does.

I'm sure some spells aren't meant to break barrels and etc, but since this is pretty much an augmented wand-attack, I believe it should if this was an intended change.

It goes even further than that. If there's a barrel (or any other container that normally breaks open with attacks/spells) between me and an enemy, the barrel acts as an obstacle and stops my siphon attack.

Then insult gets added to injury when the enemy in question throws a fireball at me, breaking through the very barrel that stopped my power siphon! :P

Is it possible to get a reaction on this please, Mark? I highly doubt that it's intended behavior for power siphon...but only you can confirm that :)

edit: and this is definitely not a limited issue. I spoke with a few people in game about building up my wand witch when I started out, and they all said the thing that irked them the most about the build was the inability to break breakables with power siphon.
Last edited by Syntastic on Apr 30, 2012, 10:31:49 PM
"
Syntastic wrote:
"
Wanted to report a quick bug: You can't break barrels and the like with this spell. I replaced it with my normal wand attack (left click) and it doesn't work, while if I use something like Ice Spear, it does.

I'm sure some spells aren't meant to break barrels and etc, but since this is pretty much an augmented wand-attack, I believe it should if this was an intended change.

It goes even further than that. If there's a barrel (or any other container that normally breaks open with attacks/spells) between me and an enemy, the barrel acts as an obstacle and stops my siphon attack.

Then insult gets added to injury when the enemy in question throws a fireball at me, breaking through the very barrel that stopped my power siphon! :P
I have made a note to look into this when I have more time

UPDATE: Fixed for 0.9.9
Last edited by Mark_GGG on May 7, 2012, 12:03:32 AM
I found a 15% quality Power Siphon and re-specked my Level 70 AoF Bow Templar for wands. I used 45 respek orbs :( and still need more.

He is still not in Peak form as I put too many wasted passivs into increased spell damage/criticals etc. However I use this as my only attack and am able to clear most of the chaos maps solo.

Unavailable

When 0.9.9 comes I'll certainly be looking at Power Siphon again.

EDIT: I almost forgot - please look into the siphon not opening Barrels or corpses as other attacks would normally do.

I'm BACK :)
Last edited by Coldet on May 4, 2012, 4:49:03 PM
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
Does +%X spell damage boost Power Siphon?
"
btz wrote:
Does +%X spell damage boost Power Siphon?
No, power siphon is an attack (hits with a weapon), rather than a spell.
Is there any way to obtain power charges without using wands, other than that unique armor or through Conduit?
"
Is there any way to obtain power charges without using wands, other than that unique armor or through Conduit?
Nope.
In that case I suggest making this skill work with any weapon (or at least with any intelligence-aligned one). The other charge-gaining skills don't require a specific weapon, and the other mechanics of this are quite nice.
I just had an idea that might make this attack a little better - somewhat inspired by Flicker Strike.

Modification:

If no specific target is chosen, then Power Strike's projectile will home in on a target with the lowest health that is in range of the ability.

This allows you to auto hit low health targets when you need to reup your power charges.

Also, maybe give it some built in Pierce.
It says that it can grant a power charge if the enemy hit is killed by or soon after the hit. I have tested this by casting Power Siphon, then finishing an enemy off with another spell within about half a second later; no Power Charge was granted. Is this a bug?
Former player moderator, valued poster, and early-adopter responsible for The Blood Dance.

GGG has forgotten where they came from. As a result, I no longer support the deceitful, corporate Tencent slave sellouts running this game.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info