Power Siphon

Needs an urgent rework. like 10% power charge on hit and some damage per power charge. having culling strike with this skill not a big thing at all. just wanted to say this Kinetic blast has only -10% base damage then power siphon (sorry if its wrong) but KB can be used for bosskilling from close range and stacking aoes. and have descent helmet enchantment like additional explodes which means more damage. and simply clears the trash mobs without ay support gem. (assuming u are taking pierce from top of the acro its just takes 3 nodes. but if you compare power siphons usability. you need GMP orLMP and also you need to chain that. two choises make a deadeye or use chain support and loose billions of damag

Please bring back this skill gem for your old wander players... we love blue roses
Just make this skill the power charge equivalent of Frenzy... 5-10% more dmg/××% more crit/××% more crit multi per power charge. With the higher mana cost of this skill the increased power is still fine.
Last edited by Nubman on Apr 24, 2018, 6:18:13 PM
Hello GGG.

Where is my "Power Siphon" rework or buff?

Potential Power Siphon Rework:

Power Siphon now have a chance to generate Powercharges on hit ( 10-30%? )

If you attack while having maximum power charges you will unlease you're inner power, and shoot the number of you're power charges as homeseeking missiles towards nearby enemies. Lose all you're powercharges as a result, but gain a 2 seconds mana regen buff as a after effect.

Power Siphon can only gain up to 1 Power charge at a time /// The homeseeking powercharges can gain power charges though.

Something like that.

Many regards a happy poe player

Ferablekeft

Loving the new changes to Power Siphon. The 20% to generate Power Charges on Hit especially makes it much more usable for Bosses and the additional projectiles will no doubt make it more usable for clearing.
Just another Forum Signature in a Sea of Signatures.
Will Power Siphon still chain/pierce in it's new form and how will it react with the next mob it hits?

Also will the additional projectiles all hit 1 target if there is only 1 present?
Last edited by Headroller on May 30, 2018, 4:28:24 PM
You made it from the most beautiful looking skill to ridiculous looking. It saddens me to see it becoming treated like that, but i guess it's for future MTX purposes. Who would buy an MTX if it is already at max beauty.

Also while you buffed its use for mapping it's still far below Kinetic Blast which is a viable skill without Barrage usage while for Power Siphon it still is a mandatory to stick to a 4 Link and put Barrage to a 6 Link.

I still hope that you can fix it's single target viability (and roll back the graphical changes)
PN: Haegar_der_Schreckliche
Last edited by DerPizzadieb on Jun 2, 2018, 9:31:17 AM
I'm currently playing with Power Siphon/Vaal Power Siphon as AoE skill in Incursion. The damage seems decent even tho I barely spent any curreny on buying items and the additional projectiles lead to a very comfortable map clearing. The visuals are nice and simple compared to newer skills.
However, the skill has one issue and I'm not sure if this is intended.

As soon as I'm standing at the bottom of some stairs or just at a lower height than my enemies, my projectiles will hit the wall/stairs/edge below the enemies. Aiming at specific things like the enemies themselves, behind them or next to them doesn't change anything.
I have to either be half a screen away or on the same height as my enemies are. This would be fine if it would apply to Power Siphon AND Vaal Power Siphon but this only happens with Power Siphon while Vaal Power Siphon has no issues with height differences at all.
"
Scarletsword wrote:
As soon as I'm standing at the bottom of some stairs or just at a lower height than my enemies, my projectiles will hit the wall/stairs/edge below the enemies. Aiming at specific things like the enemies themselves, behind them or next to them doesn't change anything.
I have to either be half a screen away or on the same height as my enemies are. This would be fine if it would apply to Power Siphon AND Vaal Power Siphon but this only happens with Power Siphon while Vaal Power Siphon has no issues with height differences at all.

This is a major issue with the skill now.

I've played with it or a few days up to 89 and while it's nice as a clear skill it's single target is not there really. What I'd love to see is to have the projectiles converge to the single target if there's no other monsters "nearby" with a 20% efficiency for a total dps of 160% or something like that. It would fit the theme with the auto targeting thing it's got going on as well.

I've stopped playing it for now though for a few reasons. First of all, the lack of viable tank on the ranger side of the tree is a major issue with the amount of travel you need to do for the wand nodes. There's just not enough life to pick up to make it viable. Not to mention how evasion performs terribly in the incursions against the phys/chaos projectiles.

Add the single target issue and the targeting difficulties when there's even the slightest elevation differences it just doesn't feel satisfying as a whole.

The main reason I stopped playing it though is the same old when it comes to wands, movement skills. Flame Dash and Lightning Warp are terrible movement skills for an attack based build. We need to be able to at the very least use shield charge with wands.
In game contact @MajorAsshole

Challenge T-Shirt: 4/6 | Full Challenge Totems: 21/27
Last edited by Redblade on Jun 5, 2018, 6:54:12 AM
"
Redblade wrote:
This is a major issue with the skill now.

I've played with it or a few days up to 89 and while it's nice as a clear skill it's single target is not there really. What I'd love to see is to have the projectiles converge to the single target if there's no other monsters "nearby" with a 20% efficiency for a total dps of 160% or something like that. It would fit the theme with the auto targeting thing it's got going on as well.

I've stopped playing it for now though for a few reasons. First of all, the lack of viable tank on the ranger side of the tree is a major issue with the amount of travel you need to do for the wand nodes. There's just not enough life to pick up to make it viable. Not to mention how evasion performs terribly in the incursions against the phys/chaos projectiles.

Add the single target issue and the targeting difficulties when there's even the slightest elevation differences it just doesn't feel satisfying as a whole.

The main reason I stopped playing it though is the same old when it comes to wands, movement skills. Flame Dash and Lightning Warp are terrible movement skills for an attack based build. We need to be able to at the very least use shield charge with wands.

You can't have everything for one build, part of the game. You can't have a good tankiness, clearspeed and bosskilling at the same time. The exceptions are the good builds or the OP ones.
Incursion-Update and full feedback:

I have played up to T14s with a CI/Iron Reflexes setup on a Pathfinder. I'm mainly posting because the basic version of my character is done for the most part and now it's just about pushing numbers higher.

- The 8 projectiles from the skillgem are really nice and add a lot of utility and clear. That being said, adding a chain support gem is not enough when it comes to maps with high packsize/influences/sextants. Deadeye or a Dying Sun Ruby Flask are needed which is probably completely fine at that tier of maps.

- Additional crit chance and multiplier on power charges is alright at best. It's still not worth it to go for more power charges just because Abyss jewels exist and reaching 80% or more crit chance is too easy if your wand has 9% or more base crit chance.
A skill that generates power charges by itself and has "power" in it's name should always want more power charges. I should be feeling bad if I can only get a maximum of 5 charges instead of 6 charges.
My suggestion would be to swap the values of crit chance and crit multiplier per power charge or just increase the crit multiplier per power charge further.

- Damage for clearing whites, blues and well positioned rares in combination with Herald of Ice is decent. It's not budget-friendly at all at high yellow/red maps but it doesn't have to be because the potential of wanders is ridiculously high thanks to Abyss jewels and similar items.

- Singletarget doesn't exist. Power Siphon requires you to have a second skill which is fine. However this will limit your gems a fair bit on a wander and might even require something like shaper/elder/essence of hysteria gloves for additional damage on your 4L attack skill (Vaal Power Siphon in my case). This leads to a more expensive character yet again.
Last edited by Scarletsword on Jun 7, 2018, 5:24:30 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info