6 Link/Fusing Question

You mean I'm the only one that has streaks of good luck and streaks of bad luck that over the long term average out?
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
Last edited by mark1030 on May 19, 2018, 12:59:17 AM
"
mark1030 wrote:
You mean I'm the only one that has swings of good luck and swings of bad luck?

No, you're not. But having one does not affect the chance of having the other.
Never tried to say it did. Just was saying to remember the streak of good luck when he gets a streak of bad luck.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
Last edited by mark1030 on May 19, 2018, 1:02:01 AM
No need for him to do that if other people have the bad luck for him ;)
If you plan on playing a lot of hours in a league, I suggest a different mental approach:

Look at chaos orbs as your best route to a 6L. It is far easier to farm 500 chaos orbs than 500 fusings, and with that many chaos, you can buy most 6L in the colours you want.

You can then save your fusings until you find/craft that tier 1 rare that no one else has. 6 link that baby and it's worth way more than your 6 linked unique.

This is what I would do if I were not so impatient. In the end I always get drunk and use all my 100 fusings on my only 5 link, bricking it. :)
I always 6L my own shit, but then again i hate trading and mostly go for SSF leagues.
But yeah, if youre going to try on your current armour then always STOP if you hit 5L with 100-200 fusings left and farm some more.

Better yet is to have a another belly (in your case) and try to link that one instead, just go ham and spam that mousebutton!
@SpyChicken
Also an approach:

Have 10 identical 6 socket chests.
Manually 5link em all, 1 in 10 should 6link instead of 5link.
Sell the 5links

This is not the best method, but was used pre-vorici age.

My worst linking experience was 1800+ I think for 6link, pre vorici
And
23fuse for a 4link
32 jewellers last week for a 4 socket

Keep in mind in the old days, 20Q was removed on linking attempt, now we have a permanent q20 bonus

Long term I literally saved THOUSANDS of fuse by avoiding Vorici.
2x six link under 10fuse
Saved me 2980+ already just those two.
And 3x linked under 200 that I remember.
3900 cheaper than vorici.
Vorici can shove his fuse up his [removed]
I sell my fusings and buy the six links i need. I can't handle bad luck.

Big shout out to all the brave people out there making it possible for me to do that.
I always use Vorici 1500 or buying a 6L for the first 6l in a league.

My first ever manual 6l cost me about 8900 fuses, than I did one in about 800 and the third took about 4100.
So my average cost for manually 6linking is 4600 fuses and Voricis 1500 seem rather cheap.
I agree, the safety of Vorici seems to be the way to go. You can spend thousands of fusings and realize you're exactly where you started, and your chances of 6 linking on the next thousand are no better.

I got an incredible Loreweave this league, spent 2400 fusings trying to 6 link it before giving up and using Vorici.

Later in the league I dropped a very good Astral plate and decided to try to to 6 link it on a lark, spent about 15 fusings and got the 6 link. Rng gonna rng but I don't think I would try it again on an armor I really want to use.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info