6 Link/Fusing Question

I'm still pretty new to POE this is my first league and I have yet to 6 link anything.

I've been saving my fusing to six link my BOTB Chest Armor.

I've watched a lot of videos on players trying to hit 6 links and from what I've gathered, it looks extremely difficult.

Sounds like you need anywhere from 500-1500 fusing to hit your six link to be safe.

I currently have 500 fuse.

Would I have a good chance of hitting 6 links with 500 fusing or should I wait and grind for more?

Last bumped on Jun 14, 2019, 12:45:37 PM
Ha.

If you try to roll it yourself you can go from extremely lucky at anything from 1 to 99
A bit lucky and get it before 500
Average on luck at around 1000
unlucky 1500+
Extremely unlucky 2000, 3000, potentially more
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
It can take many more than 1500 if you get unlucky. If you want a guaranteed result, use Vorici's crafting bench to do it for 1500 fusings. Other than that your guess is as good as anybody's as to how many you should have before you try. I've spent 28 and got a 6 link once and i've spent 3000 and not gotten one. If you'd be happy with a 5 link, start now and stop. You may hit a 6 link first. But I've been playing for over 3 years and have only randomly 6 linked two items. I used Vorici to 6 link that one item after 3000 fusings failed.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
Yeah, I was thinking I might save enough fuse to craft using Vorici. Not that it matters this late in the season, but good to know for next league.

I've been running a 5 link for awhile now and was just thinking how nice that 6 link would be;)

If I didn't roll 3 chars this league I'm sure I'd have enough fuse to craft the six link.

Anyway, thanks for the feedback. Much appreciated!
A couple of important notes:

If you get a 5l and you're under 100 fuses, you should stop, because you're most likely to brick the
item.

Buying a six link is usually cheaper than fusing it yourself. It really depends on the item.

If you already have a 5l, don't try to 6l that one because you might end up breaking it. It's better to try and link an item that you're planning to use in the future, or in the case of cheap-ish uniques like Belly to just buy another one.

Good luck! :)
Avert thy gaze, child!

IGN: Shadowrope

Standard Warrior
And dont remember to add 20% quality to the item before trying to fuse it, since this increases your chances of fusing it. I'm just going to chime in too, and say that I have been lucky and 6 linked items with less than 100 fusings, but I've also been unlucky and spent 3000+ fuings without getting it, and I have also used Vorici to 6 link items.

Its up to you what to choose, but you should definetly pray to RNGesus :)
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
I always 6L all stuff myself. I dont know whats wrong with my account but I NEVER had to use more than 900 to 6L. Im "only" at 2100h but have about 30 or more armours linked.
I delete game, now dont have more problems whith 6 link.
Thx GGG for helpme leave your game.
"
GornoDD wrote:
I always 6L all stuff myself. I dont know whats wrong with my account but I NEVER had to use more than 900 to 6L. Im "only" at 2100h but have about 30 or more armours linked.
you've been extremely lucky then. When your rng swings to the other side to average you out, remember that.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
"
mark1030 wrote:
"
GornoDD wrote:
you've been extremely lucky then. When your rng swings to the other side to average you out, remember that.

That's not how RNG works.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info