[LHC] 2.6 Ramona's CI Essence Drain

"
Calgus wrote:
Loving the play-style of ED, and currently playing this as my 2nd character in the softcore league. I have a few questions, if anyone wants to weigh in.

Has anyone experimented with dropping zealot's oath and running a The Sorrow of the Divine flask instead? It's about 8 semi-wasted skill points to get to it with only a few other nodes in the area even being somewhat decent to use. I'm thinking about dropping the skill and picking up a few more damage nodes.

Has anyone used this build to do shaper? I'm hitting t10 maps and while the damage is decent against most enemies, bosses are not dying very fast. This could be because I'm still on a lvl 18 ED, but I have a lvl 4 empower, so that should offset it.

Any thoughts on running Valyrium instead of Eye? This would allow for more es and spell damage. If you find the right Talisman, this could be a big increase in dps.

Is the Abyssal Cry setup really necessary? While it's helpful sometimes, it hasn't seemed to save me that much time with clearing. Anything hit by Contagion melts after ED proc's. I'd think about replacing this with a IC setup or maybe a Vaal Spark setup for mapping.

Hi Calgus,

That depends on which skill points you think are 'semi-wasted'.
For ZO vs Sorrow of the Divine, it depends on if you don't think life regen is an important form of defense.
If you specifically looking to pick up more damage, this is more easily done obtaining better gear rather than actually wasting points on your tree for it.

I haven't personally killed Shaper using this setup, but there are definitely solid ED builds that can kill Shaper.
I would personally makes some changes to my gear/tree if I was intending to specifically farm Shaper or Uber Atziri.

If you're running a Valyrium, it does have potential to slot a strong amulet.
Finding room for -40 cold resistance is a different thing entirely.
Not to mention, it's not pure stun immunity.

I used to use CWDT/IC instead of Abyssal Cry but I found it less useful overall.
At the bottom line it's less than half second of physical damage invulnerability.
With a 21/20 or 20/23 Increased Duration, it still won't be even .7 seconds of physical damage invulnerability.
To be honest, I really don't know what a Vaal Spark setup would do in a build with no crit, and no elemental damage.
Last edited by Ramona on Mar 22, 2017, 6:15:37 PM
"
Ramona wrote:
"
Calgus wrote:
Loving the play-style of ED, and currently playing this as my 2nd character in the softcore league...

Hi Calgus,

That depends on which skill points you think are 'semi-wasted'.
For ZO vs Sorrow of the Divine, it depends on if you don't think life regen is an important form of defense.
If you specifically looking to pick up more damage, this is more easily done obtaining better rather than actually wasting points on your tree for it.

I haven't personally killed Shaper using this setup, but there are definitely solid ED builds that can kill Shaper.
I would personally makes some changes to my gear/tree if I was intending to specifically farm Shaper or Uber Atziri.

If you're running a Valyrium, it does have potential to slot a strong amulet.
Finding room for -40 cold resistance is a different thing entirely.
Not to mention, it's not pure stun immunity.

I used to use CWDT/IC instead of Abyssal Cry but I found it less useful overall.
At the bottom line it's less than half second of physical damage invulnerability.
With a 21/20 or 20/23 Increased Duration, it still won't be even .7 seconds of physical damage invulnerability.
To be honest, I really don't know what a Vaal Spark setup would do in a build with no crit, and no elemental damage.

Solid points on the Vaal Spark setup and using Valyrim. I'm semi-dumb and forgot about the essence of Envy so while an amulet would be good, rolling chaos on the rings should give about a 50% damage boost to Chaos damage. While it might be expensive to get those rings correct, it'll probably be worth it in the long run.

Decided to go all in and buy a 21/20 ED gem to test out my damage. DPS went up to 30k non-flasked, which is a noticeable increase, but probably still about 10k away from being able to do t15 bosses and up.

I'll experiment with the flask, (the flask has Zealot's Oath while active) and see if it is consistent enough to be relied upon. I'll link my skill tree after I make the adjustments. This might only be something that is viable for Softcore though.

*Side note, I did reg Atziri deathless at lvl 75 with this build and a lvl 18 gem, so the damage isn't super bad, its just that some of those t15+ map bosses and invasion bosses are crazy.

Overall, great guide, the format and information is clear and concise!
Last edited by Calgus on Mar 22, 2017, 6:11:31 PM
thank you for all the answers Ramona! :D

I just hit level 92 yesterday, on my way to 93 now, I'd like some suggestions on my next 2 points to place in the skill tree (I still didn't put the new level point):

I was planning to take the dexterity node to the jewel slot (near the charisma zone) to free the upper jewel socket for energy from within (20% increased ES seems a lot), but maybe there are better solutions I didn't see :)
"
Giammafix wrote:

I just hit level 92 yesterday, on my way to 93 now, I'd like some suggestions on my next 2 points to place in the skill tree (I still didn't put the new level point):

I was planning to take the dexterity node to the jewel slot (near the charisma zone) to free the upper jewel socket for energy from within (20% increased ES seems a lot), but maybe there are better solutions I didn't see :)

Hi Giammafix,

EFW is definitely quite good but I currently do not plan on running one.
That jewel slot is definitely useful, but you have not taken Alchemist yet.
It's really up to you at this point but I would have picked up Alchemist before 92 personally.
There also is a 2 point jewel in that direction for the future also.
"
Ramona wrote:
"
Giammafix wrote:

Hi Giammafix,

EFW is definitely quite good but I currently do not plan on running one.
That jewel slot is definitely useful, but you have not taken Alchemist yet.
It's really up to you at this point but I would have picked up Alchemist before 92 personally.
There also is a 2 point jewel in that direction for the future also.

ty, which points could I remove to take alchemist?
"
Giammafix wrote:

I would remove all the Spell damage nodes up to Occultists Domain.
To compensate the loss, i would put 4 points to Method to the Madness.
Then remove Harrier and 1 ES node near Arcane Focus.

Now you have the 4 points to take Alchemist and the sacrifice in dps and ES is minimal.

Next level you could take Harrier or the 16% Spell damage node again.
"
Xirce wrote:
"
Giammafix wrote:

Now you have the 4 points to take Alchemist and the sacrifice in dps and ES is minimal.

thanks for the advice!
why is the alchemist node so important? :)
"
Giammafix wrote:
"
Xirce wrote:
"
Giammafix wrote:

thanks for the advice!
why is the alchemist node so important? :)

Hi again Giammafix,

A very large portion of our defenses come from Flasks in this build.
And some offenses due to the Sulphur, as well as Witchfire Brew.
The alchemist nodes not only make these offenses and defenses more potent, but also increases the flask duration.
This means the flask up time is more easy to maintain thanks to these nodes.

*Edit*
I would add onto Xirce's advice by mentioning,
If you can remove the Strength node near Melding you can afford to keep Harrier.
I wouldn't personally recommend taking the 16% spell damage node, as my current final skill tree does not use it.
But if you find yourself with a spare point, it is one of the best options.
I also wouldn't use Vile Bastion over Malediction without a +1 curse amulet, but that is my preference.
Last edited by Ramona on Mar 23, 2017, 2:28:51 PM
Hi there,
I'm a somewhat newbie player and I've always been attracted to this build. Finally I've decided to give it a try in the current League and I'm loving it.

Since I'll try to complete every content in the game and I'm currently farming to afford buying the BiS equip I was wondering if The Beast Fur Shawl Vaal Regalia (sorry I don't know how to link the item in the post) is a good substitute for the armour slot.
If someone has tried it could he tell me how it was? Thanks a lot in advance.

Keep up with this beautiful work, I've really enjoyed the guide as I progressed through the game.

P.s: sorry for typos or mistakes I've made, english isn't my natural language.
"
Noctos05 wrote:
Hi there,
I'm a somewhat newbie player and I've always been attracted to this build. Finally I've decided to give it a try in the current League and I'm loving it.

Since I'll try to complete every content in the game and I'm currently farming to afford buying the BiS equip I was wondering if The Beast Fur Shawl Vaal Regalia (sorry I don't know how to link the item in the post) is a good substitute for the armour slot.
If someone has tried it could he tell me how it was? Thanks a lot in advance.

Keep up with this beautiful work, I've really enjoyed the guide as I progressed through the game.

P.s: sorry for typos or mistakes I've made, english isn't my natural language.

Hi Noctos05,

Overall Skin of the Loyal is better than The Beast Fur, since it has +1 to lvl of gems. You will hardly notice the 10% increased area of the Beast Fur because it isnt radius anymore and 5% more damage taken is pretty bad.

Talking about bad, just compare the prices:
6 linked Skin of the Loyal -> 1 Exalted
6 linked Beast Fur -> 7 Exalted

All in all i wouldnt call it an alternative. :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info