Gold Door

"
goetzjam wrote:
"
"
jackof8lades wrote:
All it does is force player to spend more time in the lab it doesn't actualy add something it just makes your runs longer.
While a case could be made for uber that at least you get some extra farm out of it, this can not be said about normal and cruel they are an utter waste of time in these difficulties.

That's how I see it too. It's more non-challenging, non-fun stuff in a thing barely anyone enjoys to begin with. Why stretch out the nauseating experience even more?

So they can watch you cry more?

You're talking about what YOU like. I'm certain that Chris & Co. are more evolved than that.
"
Zrevnur wrote:
"
Log out every time. Please remove this Gold Door nonsense.

Lab sucks.

Discuss Gold Doors/Gold Keys below.

I see some issues with lab too. But I dont see what is so special about the gold doors? I think its just a psychological thing that players have. From my POV it doesnt matter if there is a gold door or not. What matters is how long the run is. A gold door increases the length of the run. But any other area on the path also increases the length of the run.
What I like about gold key areas is that its easy to find the target. That is not true for all other areas.

It's just one part of what makes the labyrinth a poorly designed area. But fixing one thing at a time would be a step in the right direction.

It's more busy work that adds nothing to an already annoying experience.
"
"
Zrevnur wrote:
"
Log out every time. Please remove this Gold Door nonsense.

Lab sucks.

Discuss Gold Doors/Gold Keys below.

I see some issues with lab too. But I dont see what is so special about the gold doors? I think its just a psychological thing that players have. From my POV it doesnt matter if there is a gold door or not. What matters is how long the run is. A gold door increases the length of the run. But any other area on the path also increases the length of the run.
What I like about gold key areas is that its easy to find the target. That is not true for all other areas.

It's just one part of what makes the labyrinth a poorly designed area. But fixing one thing at a time would be a step in the right direction.

It's more busy work that adds nothing to an already annoying experience.

If its a "double gold door" then it adds an element of choice. In practice it makes no difference vs simply having two exits though == implementation is rather lame. If gold keys would have more uses/choices or sth it would be more interesting.
I still dont understand why you single them out like that ("Log out every time.") instead of a simple "getting through the lab takes too long" or sth along these lines(*). If they remove the gold doors they would (presumably) make the lab one area longer instead. I dont see the advantage of that.

(*) I dont personally have an issue with the length of the lab runs either. Just trying to figure out whats special about the gold doors. And I have seen lotsa other ppl complain about them as well. My #1 theory is still that its a "psychological thing".
No wonder it's lost, it's in the middle of the jungle!
I don't see anything wrong with the gold door/key thing. It's just an extra room. It's not like you have to backtrack excessively for it or anything super out of the ordinary.
Why do gold keys magically disappear but other items in your inv do not? I would prefer to stock up on some gold keys and do a bunch of labs at one time.

Sometimes the lab doesnt have a gold door, makes it a lot better
"
Chadwixx wrote:
Why do gold keys magically disappear but other items in your inv do not? I would prefer to stock up on some gold keys and do a bunch of labs at one time.

All lab specific items get removed once you leave the lab, gold keys, silver keys, special trinkets all get removed when you exit the lab.
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
The lab in general could be generated better.

Less fluff enemy sections and more trap sections.
Something PoE really needs to take from D2 for trap sections is wells. Not to heal life, but to recharge flasks.

The labyrinth has a very short and obvious loop cycle that is just not fun. And like someone else said, the gold doors offer no real choice.
Maybe each gold door section could have a guaranteed shortcut spawn.

Uber traps have way too much health as well. Not sure why they would add a DPS check like this. Shits on so many builds while adding little to no difficulty for builds that can one shot them. They need one shot disables and faster respawns.
A kid with a magnifying glass. . . looming down on the anthill. Eventually one is going to get you.
So, on realizing that the lab itself isn't going anywhere... now you're just going to make threads about each individual element of the lab?

Hilarious.
U MAD?
"
I don't see anything wrong with the gold door/key thing. It's just an extra room. It's not like you have to backtrack excessively for it or anything super out of the ordinary.

Well it depends a lot. The outside gold doors are odd, because the key is not close to the door, in difference to the indoor areas.

Usually the layout is about the same, because a gold door often replaces 2 areas, so having gold door + key area is shorter than having 2 areas. But the worst areas are those that have gold doors without saving you one area, which just makes the whole labyrinth longer.

"

The quality of the layout doesn't really depend on gold doors, but the amount and type of areas to traverse. Having many indoor areas is usually better since they are easier to navigate and in those areas gold doors hardly matter, because the key area is circular and directly next to the door.

Also how would keeping the golden keys make any sense. Who goes into the labyrinth to get keys to open the doors, you would need them right after getting them anyway, so they are usually used up unless someone goes in only to get the key.
"
Docbp87 wrote:
So, on realizing that the lab itself isn't going anywhere... now you're just going to make threads about each individual element of the lab?

Hilarious.

Yes. That's the plan.

Hope you enjoy it!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info