What Leagues you gonna play in Legacy?

Seeing as we're going to run through the same 12 acts before hitting maps I think it's best to hoard stones and use them once you've reached maps.

Why waste stones while leveling for a shot at cheap thrills?

Also as the league announcement says "If you've ever wanted to fight a triple-Essence Avian Retch holding a Talisman while a Corrupting Tempest is active" in normal or cruel you are wasting your time.

Forgot to add my leagues :warbands, bloodlines, ambush.
Last edited by Hallsttattian on Feb 20, 2017, 12:15:27 PM
The one with the altars, I think it was nemesis. They give a lot of EXP.

Breach because some uniques are very strong even if hand of action and wisdom gets nerfed, all the breachlords have something that is desireable on builds.

Last one probably perandus.

Those are the best 3 imo.
"
SunL4D2 wrote:
"
raics wrote:
"
SunL4D2 wrote:
I see - that looks really tedious without trade. How much talismans one can hope to get on average per instance? How often Talisman mobs spawn? How expensive talismans were on the Market? How much on average would I have to pay to have a shot at Rigwald?

You could kill a low level Rigwald cheaply, but a shot at 75+ level Rigwald was somewhat costly. The problem was that some of the talisman types were more rare and you needed five different ones, also, those that were more rare also had a better implicit so players tended to keep them even if the mods were so-so which only made it worse. The numbers from back then probably won't mean anything in Legacy but, if memory serves, I think trash T3 rares were selling for 5-20c a piece back then, depends which type, so you'd need some 60c for a run that guarantees a rare.

This makes things more complicated. :/ So I better get ready for like Shaper-Uber Atziri level of fee to fight Rigwald. So during League there were piles of useless Talismans in Stash Tab, right?

"
AsbelFar wrote:
"How rippy are Talisman mobs and summoned Talisman mobs?"

Depends on the talisman they're wearing... but it can be really tough fight, especially during levelling.

Which Talismans are most rippy? Do they regenereate or have other crazy stats like pre-nerfed Essence mobs? Oh, better ask another question - how rippy they are compared to Essence mobs?

"
raics wrote:
"
Asmosis wrote:
As for the league itself, im suddenly less interested in talisman. i suppose i'll run it if i dont have anything better to use (there will be a LOT of that going on for at least the first couple weeks).

It's grindy for sure. We had a whole league dedicated to it and it still wasn't easy to go for the good stuff, with even less guarantee to get something decent, it will be even harder in this league.

You could get a Rigwald's curse fairly easily back then, though, but we have quite a few cards you can get it from so it's kinda cheap now anyway. His weapons aren't bad but are much harder to get.

His weapons are 10+ Ex for some reason with Savagery costing 30+ Ex :o

Yes. The thing with Rigwald was that you needed like 100 total talisman drops of itemlevel 75+ to fight the version of him that would drop the full loot table (sword and axe). And even then you weren't guaranteed the axe or sword. The fight self was really easy though on any build, kind of a joke. In no way comparable to uber atziri or uber lab.
"
Hallsttattian wrote:
Seeing as we're going to run through the same 12 acts before hitting maps I think it's best to hoard stones and use them once you've reached maps.

Also as the league announcement says "If you've ever wanted to fight a triple-Essence Avian Retch holding a Talisman while a Corrupting Tempest is active" in normal or cruel you are wasting your time.

Warbands?...

I personally will try to use League Stones during Act 1-4 just for fun. And starting from Act 5, I will probably not use any League stones just to enjoy new acts playthrough for the first time. :P

"
Sogolon wrote:
The one with the altars, I think it was nemesis. They give a lot of EXP.

Breach because some uniques are very strong even if hand of action and wisdom gets nerfed, all the breachlords have something that is desireable on builds.

Last one probably perandus.

Those are the best 3 imo.

I think you mean either Talisman, Darkshrine or Ambush. Nemesis only had "All Rare monsters have Nemesis mod".

"
Sogolon wrote:

Yes. The thing with Rigwald was that you needed like 100 total talisman drops of itemlevel 75+ to fight the version of him that would drop the full loot table (sword and axe). And even then you weren't guaranteed the axe or sword. The fight self was really easy though on any build, kind of a joke. In no way comparable to uber atziri or uber lab.

God bless trade!

"
matesasd wrote:
I'm a bit worried about the stones being rare enough for us to wanna save them for late game, which means the early and mid game will be complete vanilla. And if they won't be rare, our inventories will be full and chaotic with all the coins/splinters/essences etc. from the different leagues.

I personally will try to use League Stones during Act 1-4 just for fun. And starting from Act 5, I will probably not use any League stones just to enjoy new acts playthrough for the first time. :P
Last edited by SunL4D2 on Feb 21, 2017, 12:40:03 AM
"
Hallsttattian wrote:

The stones will be common drops (otherwise the whole league fails) so ~1 or more per area. It's like most leagues, the "league" special thing normally appears 1 or 2 times per zone. occasionally you might get a zone with nothing, and then the next contains 2-3 etc.

The reason to run them in normal/cruel is pretty straightforwrd, it accellerates how fast you get to endgame usage.

Some of the magic ones will be desirable early on to get geared quickly (especially the rogue exile ones) while others you will want to save for endgame. I imagine will mostly run plain white ones with maybe one magic one while leveling up to maps, then switch to all magic ones depending on the drop rates.
Last edited by Asmosis on Feb 21, 2017, 2:16:40 AM
"
SunL4D2 wrote:

You're mixing things up. Legacy league will be 2.6, and will only have acts 1-4. The new acts will come in 3.0 a few months later.

"
SunL4D2 wrote:
I think you mean either Talisman, Darkshrine or Ambush. Nemesis only had "All Rare monsters have Nemesis mod".

None of those. Shrines were in domination. There was no darkshrine league, maybe it was a race?
"
databeaver wrote:
"
SunL4D2 wrote:

You're mixing things up. Legacy league will be 2.6, and will only have acts 1-4. The new acts will come in 3.0 a few months later.

"
SunL4D2 wrote:

None of those. Shrines were in domination. There was no darkshrine league, maybe it was a race?

Oh, yeah. I guess I got too excited. :P Then I probably gonna spam them, but there is one issue...

"
Asmosis wrote:
"
Hallsttattian wrote:

The stones will be common drops (otherwise the whole league fails) so ~1 or more per area. It's like most leagues, the "league" special thing normally appears 1 or 2 times per zone. occasionally you might get a zone with nothing, and then the next contains 2-3 etc.

The reason to run them in normal/cruel is pretty straightforwrd, it accellerates how fast you get to endgame usage.

Some of the magic ones will be desirable early on to get geared quickly (especially the rogue exile ones) while others you will want to save for endgame. I imagine will mostly run plain white ones with maybe one magic one while leveling up to maps, then switch to all magic ones depending on the drop rates.

I think League Stones will vice versa slow down your progress during levelling. I mean you will need to actually find League specific event/stuff in the instance. For example, you will need to search entire instance for this Rogue Exile or Talisman mob or whatever. What if this instance is Vaal Ruins or Prison?...you might as well just don't use any League Stones at least on certain instances and run through the Acts without care in the World to get into Dried Lake asap. I mean all previous Leagues were slowing dowing levelling progress - Breach, Essence or Prophecie, doesn't matter.
Last edited by SunL4D2 on Feb 21, 2017, 3:41:51 AM
I feel like you wont get to "choose" your leagues.

It depends on the drop rates but if on average its 1 league stone every map (about the same as a chaos orb) then you will have very little choice. It also depends whether breaches, beyond mobs etc drop league stones as these mobs don't drop maps so they may not drop league stones or have a significantly reduced drop rate.

I just hope they drop like alteration orbs, like 1-3 per area, so you get some choice. Either way I'm excited to chance orb my headhunter on SSF.
"
SunL4D2 wrote:
I mean all previous Leagues were slowing dowing levelling progress - Breach

*sigh* Oh how are you so wrong...
In what way, is the amazing burst of easy exp from opening a breach a hindrance to leveling? (hint: It's not)
"
Zacheous wrote:
"
SunL4D2 wrote:
I mean all previous Leagues were slowing dowing levelling progress - Breach

*sigh* Oh how are you so wrong...
In what way, is the amazing burst of easy exp from opening a breach a hindrance to leveling? (hint: It's not)

Now, you are wrong. You want to reach Merciless Dried Lake asap. While Breaches take time to clear, they also often don't even spawn mobs fast enough so you have to just wait. Also they make you waste time to pick up splinters, currencie, rings, etc. And that assuming you didn't die in Breach which is quite likely. This will make you not only lose EXP, but travel extra distance.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info