Doomfletch LA / Barrage

Right now you can also find talisman with 10% phy converted to one element.
Poe Pvp experience
https://youtu.be/Z6eg3aB_V1g?t=302
"

If this is just going to be a Legacy only pvp'er, would investing in crit be more beneficial? Since no one in temp leagues is going to be using dome in sarn arena

That's a false statement, I've seen a couple of Marauder/duelist wearing it.
Claw nodes
in this build conversion is not a good idea, doomfletch does it already, all you gotta have is giving the doomfletch the biggest chunk of phys damage that you can ever get.

Crit build: losing one jewel slot, spending 3 points for jewel slot.... spending another 5, total 8 slots... for 4 passive points? Does it make sense to you guys? to me not, thats why im saying.

in pve though, we are desperate for leech so those nodes are useful.

Crit chance or Attack speed?

with LA, getting 55-60 crit chance and having faster attack speed is better idea than 70 crit chance low attack speed.

What kills you with this build is missing a shot to block while your opponent is raming to you,
Missing a shot while your opponent dives into your safe area with high movespeed,
cwdt + flame dash brass dome lacerate builds,

you always need a second round in this build, when cwdt flame dash throws the opponent to your behind, you gotta have enough attack speed to turn and land another shot before he does. same for block, same for high movespeed targets. when you miss, you need the second round of attack starting very fast.

for all those guys you need to have very high attack speed, so you can create a line of arrows with very high attack speed like

\ I / (this is with 3 arrows)

so they die while breaching through that wall.

Problem with bows, solution -> attack speed

also other problem is that wide X-Y damage of bows. This prevents all bow users to consistently one shot or 2 shot opponents. So you can't focus on X-Y or High crit chance, you can't rely on them, attack speed acts like crit chance(more attacks per second, more crit checks per second) attack speed also allows diversity to X-Y rolls of our attacks, so when you fail a high roll, you may get at the second.

The nightmare is, Having very High X-Y with low attack speed and high crit chance,getting low roll of X and hitting for low X damage,
Shot getting blocked by Rumi,
YOu fail crit even with 70,

these are nightmares. Attack speed on the other hand we can rely on, the number is always same. and it buffs all the incosistent numbers in our build.
"You have great power. You're right to be proud. It's unfortunate you have to die now, but I will honor you with 45% of my strength."
Last edited by Rupenus on Apr 1, 2017, 4:22:15 AM
for pve, link Tornado Shot with Chain and use Rigwald's Quiver, use Raider.(fork + chain)

This is the fastest map clearer in temp leagues at the moment.

fyndel plays with it, you can check.
"You have great power. You're right to be proud. It's unfortunate you have to die now, but I will honor you with 45% of my strength."
Thanks a lot for all your help Rupenus, really appreciated.

Helm enchant recommendations? I noticed you have barrage..?
"
Thanks a lot for all your help Rupenus, really appreciated.

Helm enchant recommendations? I noticed you have barrage..?

since 13% aoe doesnt make big difference i was using 40% LA damage.
https://pastebin.com/AAecBwXB

pob file to test

doomfletch vs Brood Twine

6.2k life doomfletch -> 268k effective dps Barrage
6.4k life brood twine -> 321k effective dps barrage(when you optimize the tree for brood twine, take out from heavy draw, put to multiplier nodes on the way to the witch)

25% dps difference,

3-4% life difference.

40% more phys damage taken as doomfletch.

i know that hatred is not the best aura for doomfletch. i just wanted to upload a framework so people can see and study the differences.

for fletch, leg quivers turns out to be the best.
Last edited by Rupenus on Apr 29, 2017, 1:53:26 PM
I just abandoned this build but I want to ask anyway:
There is a better gem combination for with build with a 5 green and 1 red Lioneye's Plate or I should still use a 3 green, 2 blue and 1 red one?

"
FranGT wrote:
I just abandoned this build but I want to ask anyway:
There is a better gem combination for with build with a 5 green and 1 red Lioneye's Plate or I should still use a 3 green, 2 blue and 1 red one?

turns out, belly is generally better. with belly i have 6.4k life. lioneyes is only good to have same dps of brood twine and to deal with zerphi builds or aegis tanks. Since zerphi is nerfed, there is no need to use lioneyes anymore. elemental focus is basically 50% more damage so you better stick to using that gem. without increased critical strikes gem also, your damage would be totally inconsistent.

2 blues are must.
GMP is the worst gem to use with this build probably. totally a waste of gem slot, further more it's reducing your damage too.

relying on dying sun with reduced flask charges used belt or using retch is the best solution.

your 5l damage is basically, lacking ICS, losing 25% damage to GMP, 50% damage due to lacking ele focus. basically you have like 35-40% of damage of what i normally have.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jq74odNyaC0

here is an example of true strength of doomfletch, which has almost similar to gear mine. amazing performance for sure.
Last edited by Rupenus on May 8, 2017, 3:04:56 PM
Well, I was using GMP for cleaning maps and because the lack of "add an additional arrow" gear.

Anyway I'm not interested in this kind of build anymore (I made the previous question just for curiosity). I want to make something tanky for next update, for example the 78% block chance build I commented on the other post... and where I doubt if it's pvp effective.

BTW the nerf of zerphi is some good news for me, what kind of nerf did it get?
Last edited by FranGT on May 8, 2017, 4:45:40 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info