Breach As a Core Game Mechanic

"
Timewar9 wrote:
So you are basically cementing clear-speed meta into the base game if you are keeping breach.

PLEASE NO!

Breaches will be so rare it might not as well exist, similar to how essences were handled.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
"
Lazael666 wrote:
Seems like a direct confirmation that the new league is "Legacy" that involves every mechanic of every league so far. Every instance can have one or several mechanics like perandus coffers, tempests, essences, breaches, talisman stuff, etc. In this way, they don't have to change how the breaches work because it is going to be similar to the actual league.

This would be interesting. If like each zone or map had a different mod on it from a previous league?

Hopefully they will add some other kind of spin or something new as well so it keeps everyone interested.
In my opinion this would be the best solution:

Keep breaches as they are now, randomly in the world and maps. Reduce breach spawn rates but increase shard drop rates.

Pretty pls.
"Let your smile change the world, but don't let the world change your smile." -unknown
"The Emperor beckons and the world attends." -Izaro
"Shine boldly so that all may find you when the night falls." -Izaro
That sinking feeling when you see the world "nerf."
Good enough for me.
I wonder if making the breachlords occur more often is a good thing though? :P
The breaches were a fine example of Risk vs Reward as is, i'd use it as a map mod, encouraging the player to consider the exp gains while weighing the rest of the rolled mods against it, could be fun.
Breaches did nothing for me, so whatever is the least invasive. Zana mod that I can skip I guess.
"
Manbeerpig wrote:
Ok, then in your head... imagine if Qarl didnt say "nerf" but said that "HOWA is getting rebalanced" instead

would it be a nerf or a buff that you would think first

pretty sure you would think of a nerf... cuz its OP, therefor nerf needed
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
We are also still working out our plans for Energy Shield and related mechanics (and Keystones). Changes to this defence affect Hand of Wisdom and Action builds significantly, and there may not need to be a nerf to Hand of Wisdom and Action if ES and Vaal Pact based build-options are changed significantly.

Come on for god sake Life base suks and now you are going to kill ES what the????? I don't want to play a game feeling punished all the time (Hence the exp over 95).. I like to be able to conduct higher tier maps but by killing ES than the issues of dying once over LvL 95 just makes it not worth playing any more. Don't keep bring out NERF sticks as a answer what you need to do to balance the game is look into increase other skills and builds(Life)..

"
Sexcalibure wrote:
"
Manbeerpig wrote:
Ok, then in your head... imagine if Qarl didnt say "nerf" but said that "HOWA is getting rebalanced" instead

would it be a nerf or a buff that you would think first

pretty sure you would think of a nerf... cuz its OP, therefor nerf needed

I was more concerned with a possible nerf to Vaal Pact. I realize that balance changes are a reality here but I was hoping I could play my build in 3.0. Mixing up the meta is good for the game IMHO. Cheers:)
"
Nephalim wrote:
"
Timewar9 wrote:
So you are basically cementing clear-speed meta into the base game if you are keeping breach.

PLEASE NO!

Breaches will be so rare it might not as well exist, similar to how essences were handled.

This is my only concern. I really enjoy breaches and breachlord realms, I'd hate to be only able to do them once every month.
Support a free Hong Kong.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with
sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo Galilei

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info