[3.0] Flaming Tornado (Inquistor Hegemony's Cyclone/anything)

Spoiler
"
darkedone02 wrote:
What about our Bandits reward, we have only one choice now that they are removing both cruel and merciless difficulties in the game, so therefore you have to rework a bit of your bandit rewards. in all honestly, i think it's nice to remain with oak or get the two skill passive points from Eramir.

As noted from the patch notes:
"
"Helping Oak grants: 1% of Life Regenerated per second, 2% additional Physical Damage Reduction, 20% increased Physical Damage.
Helping Alira grants: 5 Mana Regenerated per second, +20% to Global Critical Strike Multiplier, +15% to all Elemental Resistances.
Helping Kraityn grants: 6% increased Attack and Cast Speed, 3% chance to Dodge Attacks, 6% increased Movement Speed.
Eramir grants 2 Passive Skill Points if you decide to kill all three."

Also this change on "Elemental Damage Support Gem" has a small rework:

"
"The 'Elemental Damage with Weapons' stats that were found on the passive tree, items, and the Weapon Elemental Damage support have been replaced with 'Elemental Damage with Attack Skills'.
This has two notable effects:
These new stats now modify all of the damage dealt by Attack Skills, not just the attack damage. This means that Damage Over Time dealt by an attack skill, such as Ignite and Secondary Damage (including the explosion from Infernal Blow), will be affected as well. We've made this change to create a natural increase in Ignite damage for characters investing in Elemental Attacks, as a benefit for fire characters.
These stats now apply to Unarmed attacks. This was a necessary result of the change, but it also opens up new avenues for elemental unarmed attack builds."

As I've been leveling though with this build though act 4 and currently in Act 1 Cruel difficulties that's about to face against the prison boss again, this build has been very useful for me, however labyrinths are still a bitch to go though at level 46 on the normal difficulty of it, when I don't have any of the uniques or gear dropped yet.

"
TasKitas wrote:
"
ImHashas wrote:
any changes for 3.0?
that's a first build i tried in poe, so i would like to go for 3.0 :)

Well that Herald of Ash won't be working as it is now. Other than that, Cyclone should be fine. Will give it a test run when the league will be released, will see :)

Please keep up to date with us on what changes you have gone though as you progress so we don't make any mistakes on the path. It won't be far for from us to reach though your "current" build and hate to see things go away that cost us 20+ regret tokens to get used to the new "current".

Thank you for your insights, I'll remake the build for 3.0 asap, first will try out all the new stuff the build and will see how it is on the practical side.
IGN: TasKitas
Hey. I am kind of new to this game and I am looking for a typical templar-staff build that uses any red gem as a main skill (without any green gems at all) and goes with armour-energy shield. I just want to ask if I can use some variation of your build to get a build I want or if not can you help me to find a build like that? Thank you very much for you attention.

Here is a skill tree that can be good for staff focused build. I am also thinking about having some passive point that would increase my elemental damage, but not sure which skills should i get rid of to have skill such as "Elementalist", "Celestial Judgment" and "Celestial Punishment". Let me know what you think

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/3.0.0/AAAABAUBAAHcApYEswUtB3UJlgthDFITcRQgFm8Yaho4Gj4c5x0UIVUkqicgJy8s-y3SLlM0jjWSNuk3RzkOOVI64TwFPC0-8UCgQXJFjkd-SphN41BHWAdYrlnzXhNepV8_ZU1mVGaeZ5to8moEah5qpWvZbztyD3KpdO1343loeu-CB4Nfg8yE2YTvh2qKIouMjHaPRpBVkGySbpMHlFyUb5d5m1GboZx7nz6iAKZXqLmpJ6luqZSsqq4-r2yvja-ntzG3PrlDvFa8mr02vqfAGsBmwKbBBMT2xq7JZ8xm0iHSfNNv2L3awdw942rkUe1h7w7vfPAf8i_yQfJF-d360vuL_TD-Cv6P
Last edited by Fendrel on Aug 5, 2017, 9:29:25 AM
Spoiler
"
Fendrel wrote:
Hey. I am kind of new to this game and I am looking for a typical templar-staff build that uses any red gem as a main skill (without any green gems at all) and goes with armour-energy shield. I just want to ask if I can use some variation of your build to get a build I want or if not can you help me to find a build like that? Thank you very much for you attention.

Here is a skill tree that can be good for staff focused build. I am also thinking about having some passive point that would increase my elemental damage, but not sure which skills should i get rid of to have skill such as "Elementalist", "Celestial Judgment" and "Celestial Punishment". Let me know what you think

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/3.0.0/AAAABAUBAAHcApYEswUtB3UJlgthDFITcRQgFm8Yaho4Gj4c5x0UIVUkqicgJy8s-y3SLlM0jjWSNuk3RzkOOVI64TwFPC0-8UCgQXJFjkd-SphN41BHWAdYrlnzXhNepV8_ZU1mVGaeZ5to8moEah5qpWvZbztyD3KpdO1343loeu-CB4Nfg8yE2YTvh2qKIouMjHaPRpBVkGySbpMHlFyUb5d5m1GboZx7nz6iAKZXqLmpJ6luqZSsqq4-r2yvja-ntzG3PrlDvFa8mr02vqfAGsBmwKbBBMT2xq7JZ8xm0iHSfNNv2L3awdw942rkUe1h7w7vfPAf8i_yQfJF-d360vuL_TD-Cv6P

You shouldn't use all the skill points, it is if you'd reach level 100. Your build should work well from level 80 atleast, so aim to use about 100 skill points. Not sure why you'd want to avoid green gems, but alright, you can do that too. The left botom part of resistances and armor is not very practical, since you can get enough resistance on the gear and armor is not as valuable when you have enough of it. Better just use Basalt flask to reduce the incoming damage further. Which skill do you plan to use?
Last edited by TasKitas on Aug 5, 2017, 5:41:57 PM
Hm. I was thinking of using something like "Earthquake" or anything that sort, also if you pick Inquisitor why don't you get "Increase Elemental" passives? and why did you go for life leech passives such as "Vitality Void" instead of more maximum life or damage? Thank you for your attention
"
Fendrel wrote:
Hm. I was thinking of using something like "Earthquake" or anything that sort, also if you pick Inquisitor why don't you get "Increase Elemental" passives? and why did you go for life leech passives such as "Vitality Void" instead of more maximum life or damage? Thank you for your attention

Not sure about which exactly elemental nodes you mean. About leech, it is essential to survive.

https://youtu.be/E4KFB6laWAQ?t=3m55s

Here you can see how leech helps me to restore life after taking a savage hit.
Last edited by TasKitas on Aug 6, 2017, 4:09:05 AM
Any changes to build recently?
Hey ! So I just started the game a week ago, and I have been following your guide when I began using the cyclone skill which sounded fun. I have now completed the 10 acts. What do you think of your build in 3.0 ? Is it good ?

I saw a lot of cyclone builds but none of them for Templar, except yours. Should I reroll as a marauder or else for a perfect cyclone build ?
During my levelling I always see my life dropping to very low levels, maybe templar isn't the right class for cyclone build ! (But I'm new to the game so I don't know each class specificity !)

Thank you !
"
F0r7y0z wrote:
Any changes to build recently?

I have updated the main post.

"
Ulkio wrote:
Hey ! So I just started the game a week ago, and I have been following your guide when I began using the cyclone skill which sounded fun. I have now completed the 10 acts. What do you think of your build in 3.0 ? Is it good ?

I saw a lot of cyclone builds but none of them for Templar, except yours. Should I reroll as a marauder or else for a perfect cyclone build ?
During my levelling I always see my life dropping to very low levels, maybe templar isn't the right class for cyclone build ! (But I'm new to the game so I don't know each class specificity !)

Thank you !

It is templar because it is using elemental damage. As from 3.0 side, i've updated the video of 3.0 gameplay and the post in general. Been on vacations for this week so haven't had a chance to try it out some more yet.
cool build! would be great to see what you would put those final 12 skill tree points into.
"
shakshak wrote:
cool build! would be great to see what you would put those final 12 skill tree points into.

There is "Final tree section"

Note: you can take any charge you prefer. I took frenzy for more dmg and attack speed, but either power for crit or endurance for defence would work nicely too.
Last edited by TasKitas on Aug 18, 2017, 4:59:43 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info