[3.14] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, ✔️All Bosses Down, ✔️Necro, ✔️Elementalist

Just wanted to complain that the price of Q20L21 Flame Golem is super inflated on HSC right now. 3.8-4EX. Was about 100-120c a couple of weeks ago. I guess this build is pretty popular!

I'm down to needing just 3 upgrades to mostly finish my build: A L4 Empower, a L21 Flame Golem, and a +1 gems corrupted Skin of the Loyal. Then, I'll attempt my first Shaper kill!

Great guide BTW
Last edited by Oldiri on Sep 12, 2017, 12:47:07 PM
"
Oldiri wrote:

I'm down to needing just 3 upgrades to mostly finish my build: A L4 Empower, a L21 Flame Golem, and a +1 gems corrupted Skin of the Loyal. Then, I'll attempt my first Shaper kill!

Great guide BTW

I killed shaper without +1 gem in chest, so you can do this to ;)

Today i tried Uber Atziri. IMO no sense to do her with this build. Golems die to fast, when in split phase they hit the one with mirror. Maybe with oder gear? I don't know.
Last edited by qbatronix on Sep 12, 2017, 1:20:28 PM
Why is this tagged as 3.0, yet on page 1 it's all energy shield recommended pieces, even showing a chest with 900- ES. Come on man...
First of all I want express my gratitude for this amazing guide. So much detail - perfect material to learn how to play a minion-based char.

Basically I just wanted to try something around this Skin I managed to vaal:

If I understand correctly, I can skip most of the mana reservation nodes with a SotL, which makes me feel like a kid in a candy store.

Currently considering:
1. Speccing out of Sovereignty and Influence
2. Specc out the long route to Written Blood (that we grab Influence from) and re-specc the shorter route under (grabbing the whole Written Blood-wheel)
3. Skittering bones - but at this point I feel like enemies can't move already.
4. Just taking all the jewel sockets I can.

Anything else to consider?

Also, is there a sweet spot in terms of ES that we aim for? I do feel squishy with 6.3k, the times monsters hit me - but perhaps it's just natural with as low Physical mitigation that this build has?

Feel free to comment, suggest, ignore, or anything else regarding this. Still VERY new to playing this sort of character so looking for input on adjustments.
Last edited by drunkpolarbear on Sep 12, 2017, 2:22:15 PM
"
Why is this tagged as 3.0, yet on page 1 it's all energy shield recommended pieces, even showing a chest with 900- ES. Come on man...

Enything in 3.0 exclude build with ES? Don't know what is ur problem. I'm playing on Harbinger league, and this build work great.
with all the nerf from 3.0 considered, what do you think is the "AVERAGE" & the "MAX" ES/HP we can get?

im currently sitting @ 2.5k HP / 4.5k ES. no idea if thats good or what xD
Last edited by msterry on Sep 12, 2017, 3:01:47 PM
"
msterry wrote:
with all the nerf from 3.0 considered, what do you think is the "AVERAGE" & the "MAX" ES/HP we can get?

With Presence of Chayula and Skin of the Loyal plus pretty good rings, gloves, and belt I have 2.3k health 6.6k ES. I think before I got any good gear I had about 2k health 3.5k ES.
"
First of all I want express my gratitude for this amazing guide. So much detail - perfect material to learn how to play a minion-based char.

If I understand correctly, I can skip most of the mana reservation nodes with a SotL, which makes me feel like a kid in a candy store.

Currently considering:
2. Specc out the long route to Written Blood (that we grab Influence from) and re-specc the shorter route under (grabbing the whole Written Blood-wheel)

Also, is there a sweet spot in terms of ES that we aim for? I do feel squishy with 6.3k, the times monsters hit me - but perhaps it's just natural with as low Physical mitigation that this build has?

Feel free to comment, suggest, ignore, or anything else regarding this. Still VERY new to playing this sort of character so looking for input on adjustments.

Let me know how this goes? I kept the aura nodes and am running artic armor right now for extra reduction thinking about getting out of the aura boxes as well for more jewels.
"
qbatronix wrote:
"

Enything in 3.0 exclude build with ES? Don't know what is ur problem. I'm playing on Harbinger league, and this build work great.

Ya, sorry for jumping the gun. I see the build isnt CI, that helps.
"
Dunskel wrote:
Hey first of all, thank you so much for this guide!! I started playing POE just about a month ago, and this guide really helped my understand the game..
Now, i have been thinking, what do you think about using element spec, and replacing animated guardian for stone golem? with each primordial jewel giving +19% for each not-flame golem tipe summoned, plus the bonus from the ascendancy, don't you think it would be viable?

Btw, i tryed playing with animated guardian, but i die every time:(, so, I keep playing with skeletons and they are doing just fine aside from bosses..
I don't know if i'am missing something..

Thank you!!

Hey and thanks for support ^^

I made compare in build about Necro vs Ele :

"
NECROMANCER

+ Easier to cap resistances
+ Block chance from offering
+ More minion damage from "Ascendancy" nodes
+ Better suited for pure Chaos and Stone Golem builds (4-5x same Golems)

- Golems are not immune to elemental damage so some gear swapping needs to be done on end game bosses
- No extra Golem From "Elementalist" Ascendancy node

ELEMENTALIST

+ Golems are immune to elemental damage
+ Extra Golem From "Elementalist" Ascendancy node
+ Can do Uber Atziri and Shaper Farming

- Harder to cap resistances
- No block chance from offering

Basically Elmentalist gets only +1 Golems and ele immune Golems. Necro ascendancy tree gives almost 90% increased minion damage which is about same dps as extra golem gives. Necros Golems and even endgame Animate Guardian can tank Shaper, so the ele immunity is not that strong after you get Skin of the Loyal and Empower. Necro gets tons of other benefits such as chaos resistance, block chance, skill duration, etc.

Harmonies gives damage bonus also with Necro if you mix Golems. However the increased damage is not very useful at certain point. tree and just harmonies give so much if it that adding more gives little gain. you need "more" damage instead of increased and elementalist or mixing Golems doesnt give any.

"
I'm struggling with the lvl 20 CWDT Bone offering.

It's fine, but having to take a 3.3K hit is just a bit much for the benefit.

Level 1 CWDT, lvl 3 Immortal Call, and level 8 Bone offering for example give you a free first hit immunity and LOTS more uptime at the cost of 6% block. Am I missing something?

Hey :)

I recommend keeping 10 level difference between the 2 cast when damage takens. This way they wont trigger at same bit shot and cancel each other out. Thats why other is level 1 and other 20. You can tune the level lower if you like, but keep at least 10 level difference between them.

"
Did my first Hall of the Grandmaster today. Made it, but died 3 times to archers. I am 100% sure that I could do it deathless, but I guess I have to add immortal call :)

Hi and gz! ^^

Gm is extremely hard map and completing it is very nice feat. You can also use Spectral spirit if you want to specialize in GM clearing. I have info about them in my other GM run video ;)

"
Just wanted to complain that the price of Q20L21 Flame Golem is super inflated on HSC right now. 3.8-4EX. Was about 100-120c a couple of weeks ago. I guess this build is pretty popular!

Great guide BTW

"
I killed shaper without +1 gem in chest, so you can do this to ;)

Today i tried Uber Atziri. IMO no sense to do her with this build. Golems die to fast, when in split phase they hit the one with mirror. Maybe with oder gear? I don't know.

Hello!

Build has really been super popular this season. Just the Guardian run video gets over 1k+ hits on Youtube daily :)

I actually ran with level 21/0 Flame Golem for 4 months when I made this build. Did all bosses with no problems and finally bought 21/20 when wanting to min-max.

You can kill Shaper pretty easily when you get just normal "Skin of the loyal" and get over 7k EHP. You just have to dodge Shaper smash and flying bubbles during bullet-hell phase. Streamer "Wonderful247" is doing Shaper runs and many of them deathless if you want to check hes videos also ;)

Uber Atizi is extremely hard boss with this build. It CAN be done but need extremely good gear :
- level 21/20 Golems (More life for Golems)
- level 4 Empower (More life for Golems)
- level 4 Enhance (More life for Golems)
- Level 20/20 Minion life (More life for Golems)

Used "Rise of the Phoenix" for extra fire res on Golems and they actually tanked even the double flameblast. Their HP and survival must be maxed with almost every piece of gear.

Uber Atziri is only easier boss with Elementalist.

"

"
With Presence of Chayula and Skin of the Loyal plus pretty good rings, gloves, and belt I have 2.3k health 6.6k ES. I think before I got any good gear I had about 2k health 3.5k ES.

"

"

"
Ya, sorry for jumping the gun. I see the build isnt CI, that helps.

Hi :)

Many of build followers are actually in standard, so I keep the legacy stuff to show potential for them as they still have access to it. with new hybrid tree and gear I can get same EHP as before 3.0 nerf.

In legacy you can reach about 8,5-9k EHP (Life + ES). That's enough to tank all but most damaging boss attacks.

"

Currently considering:

"
Let me know how this goes? I kept the aura nodes and am running artic armor right now for extra reduction thinking about getting out of the aura boxes as well for more jewels.

Hey and gz on great corrupt! :D

1. Keep first nope of "Sovereignty" as it gives Temp Chains area of effect
2. That's possible if you don't need the aura nodes
3. Its nice to max for the "Wow" effect in parties :D
4. Jewels are more minion damage and other good stuff if you take rare jewels with "minion damage"

The 8,5-9k EHP in league is pretty much enough to tank all but most damaging boss hits. GGG boosted boss damage and the fight are going to last for a while, so its useful to learn how to dodge each move and how boss manifests it.

More jewels mean more minion damage and other good stuff if you take rare jewels with "Minion damage" On way to Shadow jewel socket there is "Nullification" near, which is nice node as it gives hp, es, res and evasion. whole way to it gives INT = more ES.

I recommend trying my links first almost identically and see how they work. Then you have good understanding about defenses and what you can cut to suit your own playstyle ;)
[3.12] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, All Bosses Down, Necro, Elementalist
https://tinyurl.com/y8k9fa2f

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info