[3.14] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, ✔️All Bosses Down, ✔️Necro, ✔️Elementalist

"
gnerex2 wrote:
i cant find the link of PoB for 3.12 -.-

Try harder.
"
Prof549 wrote:
"
mika2salo wrote:

Hey :)

Thanks for the tip, I will check it out when I get bit more time from work!

Just as example of good PoB(leveling trees, item sets, leveling skills, etc.) you can look at this: https://pastebin.com/yYGDtML3

Hey :)

Thanks for the PoB Example! I will try to upgrade PoB:s as soon as I have free time if it works well as it will also drop the number of PoB:s I have to actively manage if I can marge them.

"
Hey Mika, I'm attempting to reach lvl 100 in Heist, but i feel like I'm doing no damage. I'm going the goatman necro version of the build, but it doesn't feel like I'm melting mobs/bosses as much I can. At this point I've considered going cluster jewels with vicious bite and renewal, but it feels like I can't sacrifice any of my other skill points to use them for the jewels, any suggestions?

Hello :)

I wonder if they have nerfed goatmens lately?

You lose quite a lot of damage as your helmet does not have conc effect as integrated support. It's best support for minions after minion damage, and deals even more damage than +2 level to minions. Burning damage is not really useful for other Spectres than Tukohama Vanguards.

I would :

- Most importantly, your gloves are nerfing your damage. They have "added fire damage against burning enemies" line. Your minions ignite enemy and then you target it with Winter Orb to trigger Elemental Equilibrium. Now Winter Orb gets fire damage from gloves so you add +25% fire and ice resistance to the enemy that the skill hits. Your gloves are actively making your enemies stronger.

- Try to add enhance to curses and swap flammability for Elemental Weakness as it scales much better with quality. With Enchance 3-4 you should really feel noticable boost to map clearing.
- You can also try GMP for Spectres instead of Volley. The Specs don't seem to shotgun and GMP covers more ground speeding the map clear.

- If you have some currency to spend, you can try crafting Hubris jewel. It costs at least few exalts worth of divines, but you can get 160-240% increased minion damage. That really makes Spectres damage strong.
Here's how to try to craft one :
Spoiler

1) Get "Elegant Hubris"

It seems that any one will work as they might be all same item level. Make sure it's not corrupted, so you can reroll it with divine orbs.

2) Place the jewel in any of these three important sockets :

"Assassins socket" costs only 5x nodes to take, so you can respec some other nodes while testing it. Jewel also works in other sockets, but they have less nodes to reroll "Slum Lord" or you might lose some other important nodes at reroll.

The jewel will change the nodes at random, so you can't know what you will get. Smaller nodes will be destroyed and bigger will be rerolled and all will be taken inside the radius even without way leading to them.

3) Check how many "Slum Lords" you get per jewel socket form rerolled nodes. You can do this manually or search for "slum" after you place the jewel, and it will highlight all changed nodes. Hoever when you replace the jewel to another socket, you need to modify the search or it wont highlight new "Slum Lords". You can remove "m" form "slum" and end with "slu" and it will highlight new "Slum lords". with third place add "m" back at the search and it will search again.

4) If you get 0 or 1 Slum lords you might want reroll the jewel. Use Divine orb

to reroll the jewel and replace it again in all 3x sockets and search for "Slum lords". Repeat until you get more than 2x Slum lords or are happy with results.

I got 3x Slum Lords with 10x Divine rerolls and 4x with about 20x Divine rerolls, so be prepared to use lots of them. Some rolls didn't have any "Slum Lords" in any of the sockets, but most had at least one in some socket.

Please note that the jewel will reroll all nodes, if you place it near "Elemental Equilibroum" you will end with something different and lose the 50% damage bonus. Thats why the 3x mentioned places are best as they have lot of bigger nodes to reroll "Slum Lords" and not too important nodes that you may lose.

5) It seems like you still have to connect to the nodes. Try to find place where Slum Lords are close to your jewel start position or on way to the jewel."

If there don't help, post again and we can check the gear together ;)

"
Hi guys, im not a native english speaker.
So my question here is about Primordial Harmony Cobalt Jewel.

Verified

How can i calculate the golem magma orb cd affected by this jewels?
The translation about this jewel in spanish doesnt give a specific idea about what of those mods affect the magma orb of fire golems.

Thanks for ur help.

Hello :)

You can check Flame Golems cooldown from PoB using "Calcs" page and checking minions status for the Magma Orb skill. For example my Golems have 1.43 second cooldown and cast time of 0.3 seconds. Since they cast 2x times with Spell Echo, it can be double to 0.6 seconds. Echo also adds about 0.1 seconds delay between casts so it could be around 0.7 seconds for 1x full cast.

I would have to pump tons of harmonies to get as low cooldown reduction as they have cast speed. However in boss fights flame Golems always go to melee range and start casting weaker spells instead of Magma Orbs, so the cooldown is not that important after you have enough to keep Flame Golem casting orbs while clearing maps constantly.

Ice Golems seems to constaly use the spinning attack even if they are still on cooldown if you at least some cooldown reduction in them and Spetres dont have cooldown at all.

"
i cant find the link of PoB for 3.12 -.-

Hi :)

Here's newest PoB :

https://pastebin.com/rb0Uf8M6

However it uses the PoB comminity fork, which is better more actively managed fork of original PoB. You can get it from https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/deon82/localidentitys_path_of_building_v141514_fork/
[3.12] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, All Bosses Down, Necro, Elementalist
https://tinyurl.com/y8k9fa2f
Last edited by mika2salo on Oct 11, 2020, 2:57:05 PM
Overall fine build. "A bit" expensive on gear tho. But 1 thing is bugging me out: phase run alone is not enough. Sometimes i find myself in situation where you need to get out of the place you are at, like, NOW!. Put on top the absolute hell that 5 fire golems and 4 fire spectres are making on the screen and it's quite easy to miss the leaping animation of some mobs. I wish i could squeeze another ms-skill somewhere D:
"
I wonder if they have nerfed goatmens lately?

You lose quite a lot of damage as your helmet does not have conc effect as integrated support. It's best support for minions after minion damage, and deals even more damage than +2 level to minions. Burning damage is not really useful for other Spectres than Tukohama Vanguards.

I would :

- Most importantly, your gloves are nerfing your damage. They have "added fire damage against burning enemies" line. Your minions ignite enemy and then you target it with Winter Orb to trigger Elemental Equilibrium. Now Winter Orb gets fire damage from gloves so you add +25% fire and ice resistance to the enemy that the skill hits. Your gloves are actively making your enemies stronger.

- Try to add enhance to curses and swap flammability for Elemental Weakness as it scales much better with quality. With Enchance 3-4 you should really feel noticable boost to map clearing.
- You can also try GMP for Spectres instead of Volley. The Specs don't seem to shotgun and GMP covers more ground speeding the map clear.

- If you have some currency to spend, you can try crafting Hubris jewel. It costs at least few exalts worth of divines, but you can get 160-240% increased minion damage. That really makes Spectres damage strong.

I'm not sure if GGG nerfed goatmen, PoB says they still do more damage than solar guards. I don't know if there's a better option for fire-based spectres at the moment other than TV. Didn't notice the "added fire damage" line, using EE feels a lot better now. Instead of using Elegant Hubris, I've been trying to utilize cluster jewels. Gaining access to renewal and vicious bite, while also having jewel sockets for more primordial harmonies seems like a good deal. I'm really tempted to buy a rare chest with the +1 to spectres line, but you told me before hand that this wouldn't be worth it.
Also, i've noticed recently, that bosses are becoming resistant to fire.
I wonder what is a culprit for that? What i'm doing wrong?

(FlameBoisHoe char in profile).

Would appreciate the feedback.
"
Prof549 wrote:
Overall fine build. "A bit" expensive on gear tho. But 1 thing is bugging me out: phase run alone is not enough. Sometimes i find myself in situation where you need to get out of the place you are at, like, NOW!. Put on top the absolute hell that 5 fire golems and 4 fire spectres are making on the screen and it's quite easy to miss the leaping animation of some mobs. I wish i could squeeze another ms-skill somewhere D:

"
Also, i've noticed recently, that bosses are becoming resistant to fire.
I wonder what is a culprit for that? What i'm doing wrong?

(FlameBoisHoe char in profile).

Would appreciate the feedback.

Hello and thanks for support ^^

I wish there was Cast when damage taken gem that would trigger the movement skill AWAY from the mobs. It would make great escape skill and probably save from 50% of the deaths which are charging / leaping packs from off-screen.

Usually Temporal Chains stops enemies midair if you have Enhance linked to curses, but with lower curse effect / hexproof mods in map you have to be extra careful.

Your gloves also seem to have the "added fire damage against burning enemies" -line. What happens is that your minions ignite enemies, so they are burning. Then you shoot them with Winter Orb to trigger Elemental Equlibrium and the game adds fire damage to your Winter Orb. So you end up adding +25% fire and cold resistance to enemy and -50% lightnig resistance. I would get rid of the gloves as they are making the boss fights extra hard for you by boosting enemies resistances.

"
I'm not sure if GGG nerfed goatmen, PoB says they still do more damage than solar guards. I don't know if there's a better option for fire-based spectres at the moment other than TV. Didn't notice the "added fire damage" line, using EE feels a lot better now. Instead of using Elegant Hubris, I've been trying to utilize cluster jewels. Gaining access to renewal and vicious bite, while also having jewel sockets for more primordial harmonies seems like a good deal. I'm really tempted to buy a rare chest with the +1 to spectres line, but you told me before hand that this wouldn't be worth it.

Hi :)

Good to hear EE works now!

+1-3 level to minion gems in helmet depends on what level you can get for your Spectre gem level elswhere. You want to hit lvl 25 Raise Spec gem to get 4th Spectre.

If you have
- 21/20 Raise Spec gem (lvl 21)
- +1 to Spec gem level boots (lvl 22)
- +2 from Unnatural Strength (lvl 24)

You only need +1 lvl to helmet. Or you can drop Clayshaper for wand with +1 level to minion gems to reach lvl 25.

Cluster jewels seem very interesting but I cant test them as I'm out of currency and GGG seems to actively nerf them and said they will propably nerf them more in the future. If you find some sweet combination, please share it here :)
[3.12] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, All Bosses Down, Necro, Elementalist
https://tinyurl.com/y8k9fa2f
Last edited by mika2salo on Oct 13, 2020, 1:42:49 PM
"
mika2salo wrote:
Your gloves also seem to have the "added fire damage against burning enemies" -line. What happens is that your minions ignite enemies, so they are burning. Then you shoot them with Winter Orb to trigger Elemental Equlibrium and the game adds fire damage to your Winter Orb. So you end up adding +25% fire and cold resistance to enemy and -50% lightnig resistance. I would get rid of the gloves as they are making the boss fights extra hard for you by boosting enemies resistances.

Ah, i see. Thanks.
"
Cluster jewels seem very interesting but I cant test them as I'm out of currency and GGG seems to actively nerf them and said they will propably nerf them more in the future. If you find some sweet combination, please share it here :)
I don't wanna drop clayshaper because I like having an extra golem friend :( [Also if I do that I feel like this becomes a more spectre oriented build rather than a golem one] but having a +1 convoking wand with good minion dmg mod seems to boost overall dps quite a bit. Most of the top builds for necro seem to use large cluster jewels for vicious bite + renewal, and medium and small cluster jewels to boost auras for aura stacking. Unfortunately the only aura we use is discipline... I was considering to drop whispers of doom and temp chains to add zealotry. That way I could utilize the aura notables in medium cluster jewels, but that means less survivability which may not mean much since I'm playing softcore. Need more currency so I can REALLY test out cluster jewels
Last edited by Asian_Camgirl on Oct 13, 2020, 3:20:43 PM
POB barfs when I try to put https://pastebin.com/rb0Uf8M6
into it. Its the latest version.
so am i seeing this right? This build has around:
5 x 60k DPS Golems and
4 x 110k DPS scorching ray totems
= 740k shaper DPS?

If so, that is extremly low for nowaday standards, isnt it?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info