[3.14] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, ✔️All Bosses Down, ✔️Necro, ✔️Elementalist

hi, i did some tests with stone golems. they are somehow weird.
normaly the cdr is important for flame and chaos golems to do dmg, but the stone golems do normal hits even if they got enough cdr to perma slam.
"
mika2salo wrote:

UPDATE

Experimental Elementalist

[...]

Hey buddy, have you ever try to play with the FleshCrafter ?

Still playing in SSF here, this necromancer spec discouraged me, might give a try to this elementalist tho, but flammies <3<3 pleaseeeee <3<3<3

cya
Last edited by kami_koi on Jul 1, 2020, 3:56:29 PM
"
EDMOSES wrote:
Hey Mika good to see you are still going strong, you are a legend lol.
I remember making an absolute fortune in this game when you could die and your minions kept on killing, that was stupid insane.

I am seeing a few very successful builds getting around using Carrion golems, just wondering if you have explored this?

Keep on keeping on.

Hey and thanks for support ^^

Yep, I remember that best thing about it was when players paid for boss kill, you went to map, died and both waited afk for 5 mins while minions killed boss. Then at 5% you PM that boss will die soon and other player entered map for the kill. Very surprising this was patched next league XD

I have not really tested Carrion Golems yet, as they require multiple non-golem minions. This pretty much means going for Zombies and stacking as much phys damage and auras with impale as you can. It has been done already multiple times and I dont really see new way to do this unless some damage conversion glove tricks.

I will most likely test Chaos Golems out before them as minion just got more are of effect, and they could deal decent damage while also clearing mobs now.

Every time I return to the game after a break, the build still feels amazing to play. So I guess I will be around for as long as Flame golems are viable.

"
I like this build, though I'm not liking the fact that the POB link makes everything way too good to be true.

The items are fantasy crafted, literally.

Hello :)

I usually try to add only t3 rolls in item mods, so they are realistic to get. Basically only mods that you care for are :
- Flat Energy Shield
- Energy Shield %
- HP
- DEX / STR
- Enough resistances to cap elemental res

Everything else is optional, as it doesnt really benenfit char or the minions. Witch start also has 95 DEX and STR for 6 points near it, so even those values are pretty much optional. Necro also has tons of elemental resistances and 15% can be taken from alira quest. This leaves only stacking ES / and HP. Hybrid gear tends to be quite cheap, so getting t3 Rolls on them is very realistic.

It's just easier to stack Elemental Resistances on every empty slot to represent that they are the go-to mods after EHP mods.

"
hi, i did some tests with stone golems. they are somehow weird.
normaly the cdr is important for flame and chaos golems to do dmg, but the stone golems do normal hits even if they got enough cdr to perma slam.

Hi :)

Stone Golems AI seems quite random. Sometimes they may use default attack even if they have enough CD reduction.

You can try using Multistrike to lock them on certain move, but it may not fix them totally.

Ice Golems seem more reliable with their AI and can deal even more damage, so they are also worth a try if you can squeeze extra slot for them and can use taunt jewel.

"
Hey buddy, have you ever try to play with the FleshCrafter ?

Still playing in SSF here, this necromancer spec discouraged me, might give a try to this elementalist tho, but flammies <3<3 pleaseeeee <3<3<3

cya

Haven't tried Fleshcrafter but it doesnt seem to bet very good for the build. EE already lower booses resistance near zero, and I doubt that Golems HP regen will be transfered to ES if they convert most of their HP to ES. Semes like they die very fast once ES runs out and they don't have enough time to restart the recharge.

I wish you best of luck with Golems drops in SSF. Elementalist should be easier to start, but you may be limited to 3x Golems for a while unless some guild member finds Clayshaper.
[3.12] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, All Bosses Down, Necro, Elementalist
https://tinyurl.com/y8k9fa2f
i will use your new experimental build, i think its way better than all builds you posted in guide. judging by what you get, sure its more expensive.
watchers eye and dual curse amulet are a bit overkill in terms of expense (and i dont think i can achieve these 2, also aspect of spider gloves with nice stats is kindah crazy to get too)

Why do you use enlighten 4 isntead of enhance 4 in your boots now? explain please.
Last edited by FamousAzzkicker on Jul 2, 2020, 10:01:00 PM
"
i will use your new experimental build, i think its way better than all builds you posted in guide. judging by what you get, sure its more expensive.
watchers eye and dual curse amulet are a bit overkill in terms of expense (and i dont think i can achieve these 2, also aspect of spider gloves with nice stats is kindah crazy to get too)

Why do you use enlighten 4 isntead of enhance 4 in your boots now? explain please.

Glad to hear you like it!

Do you mean experimental Necro or Elementalist with Stone / Ice Golems? If you mean the Elementalist, it feels very smooth to play. Minions clear at movement speed, melee minions provide first line of defense with taunt / blind and Flame Golems apply hinder / ignite to enemies and clear packs that are farther away.

- Curse ammy can be replaced by taking "Whispers of doom" (3 nodes)
- Enlightenment can be replaced by taking second node of "Influence" (3 nodes / 4% mana reservation)
- Aspect of Spider is easier to get in rings
- Watchers Eye can be replaced with extra harmony (It's very little regen after Stone Golems massive regen buff)

I use Enlightenment instead of as dual-curse, Discipline and Aspect of Spider eat too much mana to run at same time. Enhance raised curses manacost even more, so it had to go. I also have dual "1% mana reserved reduction" harmonies to free me enough mana to activate skills. If you find helmet with overall mana reservation reduction, it also works and maybe some other ways I have not thought of.

If you skip Aspect of the Spider the setup is much more budget friendly. You can use default guides mana reduction nodes and run Enhance to boost curses to almost same effect as Aspect. Aspect might work better on bosses as it's not "curse", so bosses might not get any reduction against it, but i'm not 100% sure about this. Overall Aspect is much easier to get on rings as they have more free slots. In ring you want flat ES / HP / Maybe dex or str and enough resistances to cap. This leaves 1 free to get Aspect in it.

Overall I would start with dual curse and Enhance, and then work your way to Aspect of Spider if you feel need for it. The helmet with 3x damage supports and new Golems setup are most important features of the variant. Aspect, Ghastly Eye -jewels and Watchers Eye are just nice extra.
[3.12] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, All Bosses Down, Necro, Elementalist
yes i mean the elementalist , with 4 fire golem 4 ice golem and 1 stone golem and 1 chaos golem.

btw with elementalist ascendancy, do the golems then "shock/freeze/ignite"?
also it should be more damage than the noblock variant and tankier too right?
Last edited by FamousAzzkicker on Jul 3, 2020, 8:31:19 AM
Hey mika, I've been doing this build for quite a few leagues now. It's the perfect afk build for someone like me who has frequent internet problems. I wanted to ask if you think it's worth it to get a +1 spectre rare body armor over a skin of the loyal. Is it worth losing the extra levels to flame golems in order to get an extra spectre?
Hey Mika,

So I decided to have a week off after not really enjoying the first week of Harvest. However I don't think I will be coming back to the league at all. It's just not really what I want from a league at this point. I need some new items to chase for like cluster jewels or mini loot explosions going off every map like we had in Delirium.

Anyway, I'm really just mentioning it in case you would like to invite another new player into the guild as I am happy to be dropped from it at this point; especially as I won't be back for at least another 3 months or so. It's been nice being able to chat with people but I don't actually know at this point whether I will be coming back to the game before PoE 2 so I don't want to use up a space that could be taken by somebody who will be active in your community for the next 3 to 12 months or so.

I hope you are well Mika and all the best :)
"
yes i mean the elementalist , with 4 fire golem 4 ice golem and 1 stone golem and 1 chaos golem.

btw with elementalist ascendancy, do the golems then "shock/freeze/ignite"?
also it should be more damage than the noblock variant and tankier too right?

Hey :)

The Golems don't get extra chance to cause status effects, but they will cause them in critical hits. They however have 5% base crit, so they rarely crit. With Power charges from vics charity, they reach about 35% crit chance, so you will start to see effects more often. As Elementalist your own damage can cause freeze / igite / shock or all of them at once, and if you have right rotation in effect order your winber orb will cause enemies to have all elemental status effect on them at once.

Elementalist is tankier, but nees still caution. 30-40% physical reduction from Chaos Golem and massive regen from Stone Golem makes you much more resistance against 1-hit kills. However as you have 0% block chance if you run in large pack, you take all the hits and die from consecutive damage.

"
Hey mika, I've been doing this build for quite a few leagues now. It's the perfect afk build for someone like me who has frequent internet problems. I wanted to ask if you think it's worth it to get a +1 spectre rare body armor over a skin of the loyal. Is it worth losing the extra levels to flame golems in order to get an extra spectre?

It depends purely on what you feel that your setup needs more. If you want to be able to clear maps at maximum speed, Flame Golems levels matter most. If you want to kills bosses faster, then extra Spetre is more important.

The clearer choice comes if you use Goatman Fire-raisers as Spectres. They both clear fast and kills bosses faster than Flame Golems, which makes adding extra Spec number clear choise.

Both cases are however viable only with legacy Vis Mortis as the new roll is not worth using over Skin.

"
Hey Mika,

So I decided to have a week off after not really enjoying the first week of Harvest. However I don't think I will be coming back to the league at all. It's just not really what I want from a league at this point. I need some new items to chase for like cluster jewels or mini loot explosions going off every map like we had in Delirium.

Anyway, I'm really just mentioning it in case you would like to invite another new player into the guild as I am happy to be dropped from it at this point; especially as I won't be back for at least another 3 months or so. It's been nice being able to chat with people but I don't actually know at this point whether I will be coming back to the game before PoE 2 so I don't want to use up a space that could be taken by somebody who will be active in your community for the next 3 to 12 months or so.

I hope you are well Mika and all the best :)

Hi :)

I understand taking break from Poe very well, as I have taken multiple breaks myself during 5-6 years of playing the game. Sometimes the breaks are few weeks and sometime months.

However Poe is one of the best games in the market atm even with its flaws. It's feels very nice to come back to it once the enjoyment of another new game starts to wane. It has so much more than just the game with Reddit, trading, forums, crafting, guilds, video making and guides. Sometimes I focus more on other aspect of the game community and it starts feeling fresh again.

You have excellent understanding of Golem / build mechanics and have easy to read posts, so I would be very happy if you feel that you might want to keep posting messages to thread even if you are not actively playing the game. I feel that many forums readers would feels the same after getting help from your posts.

You are welcome to stay in the guild for months, as I usually only remove inactive members after 4 month afk time. If you are removed, you are welcome to PM me if you become active again and you will always have a slot in the guild waiting.

I wish to maybe hear from you again and deeply thank you for excellent participating in the thread. I hope you all the best and wish that you keep finding excitement and happiness in life! ^^
Last edited by mika2salo on Jul 4, 2020, 9:32:16 AM
"
Both cases are however viable only with legacy Vis Mortis as the new roll is not worth using over Skin
Thanks for the reply. I am using the goatmen spectres, but I am currently playing on harvest, so I don't see a way to get a legacy vis mortis. Guess I just stick with a skin of the loyal?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info