[3.14] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, ✔️All Bosses Down, ✔️Necro, ✔️Elementalist

"
mika2salo wrote:

Hello :)

Build is especially made to be played 1 handed as I'm lazy player myself. Max level Temporal Chains keeps mobs at bay and only bosses may need some flask usage. However with high level gear nothing below T16 should be able to kill you even when onehanding.

Huge EHP (HP + ES) lets build tank some damage and boss fights last usually less than 10 seconds, so when using default block build variant you can keep block up with Rumi's "Rumi's Concoction", good shield and Bone Offering.

I would try the default (non-necro aegis) version first without any changes and feel how it works as its very safe to play by default.

Thank you for the prompt reply and information I will heed your advice!
Could you explain a bit at what point you switch to golem as main damage?
Is it something you do overtime like you start with getting 1 or 2 clayshapers and then find all the right jewels?
Or is it best to focus on srs, move over to spectres once you find the boots and maybe 5-link vis mortis and then farm till you get all the gear required for the golems?

Also it is most likely early to ask but how do you think the new amulet fits into the build?
The Primordial Chain Coral Amulet that is, can summon up to 3 additional golems but cannot have specters or other minions.
The golems deal less damage but if you keep all the current items you will have something like 7 golems I think?

Does the +3 golems make up the damage loss from 40%?
If you have 4 golems now and do 100 damage each so total 400 damage.
If you use amulet you would lose 40% damage so you go 60 each but you get 7 golems so that would mean you get 420 damage? That would only be an increase like 5%.
You also get a lot more movementspeed on your golems but not sure how that would effect the damage.
Not to mention the loss of the spectres is also quite some damage.

So would this amulet but something you use before getting all the jewels and then drop the amulet?
Two thoughts I've been working on related to Delve.

1. I've read everything I can get my hands on and I still don't understand how spectres are going to work. Worst case scenario is they are summoned at level 86 and that's it. Best case scenario you delve far, upgrading them every time, and max out at 100 (then take them to maps and 1 shot shaper for the fun of it).

2. Last league I made a second character as a pathfinder lab farmer and didn't kill kitava a second time because I already had access to uber lab. With Delve not linked to maps, wouldn't that work here? Make a first Necro to get to maps and uber lab, then make a second necro to level in the delves/acts and never take the 30% resistance hit. Just transfer the gear over at the appropriate levels. Makes gearing super easy and BiS really changes.
Acaila_edhel
"
Acaila_edhel wrote:

1. I've read everything I can get my hands on and I still don't understand how spectres are going to work. Worst case scenario is they are summoned at level 86 and that's it. Best case scenario you delve far, upgrading them every time, and max out at 100 (then take them to maps and 1 shot shaper for the fun of it).

2. Last league I made a second character as a pathfinder lab farmer and didn't kill kitava a second time because I already had access to uber lab. With Delve not linked to maps, wouldn't that work here? Make a first Necro to get to maps and uber lab, then make a second necro to level in the delves/acts and never take the 30% resistance hit. Just transfer the gear over at the appropriate levels. Makes gearing super easy and BiS really changes.

1. if you enter a lvl 84+ zone with spectres, you can summon them at the level of the mine you enter. So you can upgrade them how many time you want / can.

2. You can't.
"
Can you trade azurite, sulphite, flares and dynamite? Do they take up inventory space?
They can not be traded and do not take up inventory space. These track your own Delve progress and are stored for your individual character.

Is your mine progress character based or account wide?
It's character-based, but there is a catch-up mechanism for subsequent characters if you don't want to play delve while levelling.

-------

Krekel82
"
Krekel82 wrote:
Is it something you do overtime like you start with getting 1 or 2 clayshapers and then find all the right jewels?
Or is it best to focus on srs, move over to spectres once you find the boots and maybe 5-link vis mortis and then farm till you get all the gear required for the golems?

Also it is most likely early to ask but how do you think the new amulet fits into the build?
The Primordial Chain Coral Amulet that is, can summon up to 3 additional golems but cannot have specters or other minions.
The golems deal less damage but if you keep all the current items you will have something like 7 golems I think?

If you use amulet you would lose 40% damage so you go 60 each but you get 7 golems so that would mean you get 420 damage? That would only be an increase like 5%.
You also get a lot more movementspeed on your golems but not sure how that would effect the damage.

So would this amulet but something you use before getting all the jewels and then drop the amulet?

you can switch at any point actually, it mostly depends on how you feel with it. Using them from the beginning will just have them less aggressive (so you have to attack often to make sure they attack) but that's it (I personally only spectres for acts then switch full golem / without spectres once in map for example). As elementalist (double clayshapper) it's even easier, since you have easy 5 golem really quickly.
You can also do full spectres vis mortis first then switch. It's like you'd like to do.

For the gear, the easiest (imho) is to go this way: clayshaper -> tabula/any 6 link corrupted -> prim. might -> anima -> everything else -> chayula at the end.

The amulet will be fine mostly for pure golemancer elementalist actually, i'm not sure it'll be a great idea for necromancer to use it, but can work. It'll increase really the QoL while mapping, increasing a bit the real dps, and allowing to have almost all (if not all) golem types at the same type.

My version of golementalist: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1827487/page/276#p15615251
Last edited by Anakhon on Aug 17, 2018, 4:58:22 PM
Do we utilize any other golems other than fire golem? Like do we use the lvl 12 stone golem provided by clay shaper?

Also, how many golems should I go for? I see the OP doesnt use the bonus golem from 3 different primordial jewels.

Necromancer BTW
only flame for necro, as you have better clearspeed / dps with 4 flame than if you mix multiple types (with only one real 6L golem)
My version of golementalist: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1827487/page/276#p15615251
thx for build
Last edited by 29superman on Aug 18, 2018, 5:08:49 AM
I noticed from multiple low level witch leveling with minions that spell totem with skeletons are really helpful early on.
I often find it better then the zombies as you plant the totem casts srs and the skeletons are the meat shield and deal some good damage.
Maybe something to add to the leveling section if you feel like testing it.
"
mightybirdPOE wrote:
"
mika2salo wrote:

Build is especially made to be played 1 handed as I'm lazy player myself. Max level Temporal Chains keeps mobs at bay and only bosses may need some flask usage. However with high level gear nothing below T16 should be able to kill you even when onehanding.

Huge EHP (HP + ES) lets build tank some damage and boss fights last usually less than 10 seconds, so when using default block build variant you can keep block up with Rumi's "Rumi's Concoction", good shield and Bone Offering.

I would try the default (non-necro aegis) version first without any changes and feel how it works as its very safe to play by default.

Thank you for the prompt reply and information I will heed your advice!

Thanks for support ^^

"

"
you can switch at any point actually, it mostly depends on how you feel with it. Using them from the beginning will just have them less aggressive (so you have to attack often to make sure they attack) but that's it (I personally only spectres for acts then switch full golem / without spectres once in map for example). As elementalist (double clayshapper) it's even easier, since you have easy 5 golem really quickly.
You can also do full spectres vis mortis first then switch. It's like you'd like to do.

For the gear, the easiest (imho) is to go this way: clayshaper -> tabula/any 6 link corrupted -> prim. might -> anima -> everything else -> chayula at the end.

The amulet will be fine mostly for pure golemancer elementalist actually, i'm not sure it'll be a great idea for necromancer to use it, but can work. It'll increase really the QoL while mapping, increasing a bit the real dps, and allowing to have almost all (if not all) golem types at the same type.

I recommend switching as soon as you can summon 4x Golems out. At this point they have enough firepower to clear mobs at movement speed.

Specters can carry alone to t13+ maps and Solar Guards are practically Golems as specters equivalent, so the change can be done even very late game.

Anakhons advice is very good for leveling and gearing, so not much to add.

Amulet will most likely be better for life based Elementalist, but the more Golems you have less damage extra golems will actually give so we have to see when it comes out.

"

"
1. if you enter a lvl 84+ zone with spectres, you can summon them at the level of the mine you enter. So you can upgrade them how many time you want / can.

2. You can't.

Hey :)

1) Yep, you can summon them again at the depth where you are and they will be same as area level. I guess there will be some cap around lvl 86 as level 100 specs sound pretty silly, but it remains to be seen.

2) Yep, you can't.

"
Do we utilize any other golems other than fire golem? Like do we use the lvl 12 stone golem provided by clay shaper?

Also, how many golems should I go for? I see the OP doesnt use the bonus golem from 3 different primordial jewels.

Necromancer BTW

"
only flame for necro, as you have better clearspeed / dps with 4 flame than if you mix multiple types (with only one real 6L golem)

Hi :)

Yes, Necro should go for 4x Flame Golems or you are losing too much damage by extra Golems just idling.

With Elementalist 6x Golems you can start mixing, but I would always keep at least 4x Flame Golems to maximize bombardment.

"
thx for build

Thanks for support :)

"
I noticed from multiple low level witch leveling with minions that spell totem with skeletons are really helpful early on.
I often find it better then the zombies as you plant the totem casts srs and the skeletons are the meat shield and deal some good damage.
Maybe something to add to the leveling section if you feel like testing it.

Hey :)

Skelly totem is very good skill, but takes quite long time to get going as there is no totem placement speed and Totem has reduced cast speed. It works great in bosses, but for general clearing its quite slow.

Vaal Skels do about the same job at bosses and can be used at level 10. If you can buy one at early levels, rest of acts and early maps will be very easy.

Both work well, so which one to use goes down to own preference ;)

UPDATE

Thanks to VERY generous guild member, our guild member max is now 100. \o/
[3.12] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, All Bosses Down, Necro, Elementalist
https://tinyurl.com/y8k9fa2f
Last edited by mika2salo on Aug 18, 2018, 4:58:43 PM
Trying this build current 76lvl. My survivability sucks hard. 1,5k hp+ 3,8k es. but having fun. thx for the guide
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/datka/characters can you check and tell me what to improve ? :) thanks

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info