[3.14] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, ✔️All Bosses Down, ✔️Necro, ✔️Elementalist

"
Finally switched from spectres to golems for good! Since now the upgrades are costly I'd like to ask if anyone can give me some sort of guidance on what order to go from here on the stuff I'll need to upgrade. (Check below or look at my profile character:Yaketai)

Also I've read some pages earlier from mika2salo that there diminishing returns on Primordial Harmony after you get 5 of them I think? Is that true or should I go for full Harmony on all the jewel slots (other than the 2 with minion resist and might+anima ofc)

Hello and gz in switching ^^

For the gear :

- Amulet
Presence is best in slot, but you can look for Citrine ammy with chaos res and HP / ES.

- Rings
Minion speed here is extremely important as you cant get it in ammy later. Speed makes Golems move at your speed and not lag behind you.

Importance for rings are :
ES
HP
Ele res
STR / DEX
Minion speed
(chaos res)
(evasion)

You can try to spam some lower essence of fear in prismatic rings. I crafted nice 20-30c rings for 2c in league yesterday for my friend.

- Armor
You can buy offcolor SotL
2r2g2b costs 20-40c. Use projective weakness instead of cont dest or fire pene. You lose 20% of damage, but it beats any regalia.

- Belt
Crystal is best and needed at some point

- Gloves
ES gear is generally cheap, you can try to raise ES to 120 with small investment

- Boots
+1 is helpful but not necessary if you dont use AG on endgame bosses. You can corrupt them yourself with abuut 20 pairs which costs less than 1 ex.

- Helmet
Skittering Runes fixes the TC up to 74% so the enhancement is great but not needed. Increased golem damage is useful, but I would select bone offering duration or extra block rather.

Its very hard to say at which point Golems start to lose benefit from increased damage. Harmonies also lower cooldown for magma orbs, but its hard to say what is the point that cast animation takes more time than cooldown. 5 Harmonies is good average value, which still leaves room to raise ES and res with rare jewels.

"

- The specters are pretty tanky. I lost them during a halls of grandmaster run tho. I also did my second shaper run (first only golems) and it was both deathless for me and my minions. It also felt very quick compared to my first run. I think total run was between 5 and 10 min.
- I'm guessing dps on single target is about 3 to 4 times higher then golems.
- Both golems and specters don't really keep up with me running, but i adapted my playstyle to it.
- I'm currently at 2400 life 6700 shield.
- I'm not applying EE atm, and yes, i know i have it skilled ;) Like it said, still not sure about final skill tree (and gem setup).

Hey :)

Thanks for info!

I would love to see video about boss kill with EE applied. I'll be running tests later but have to grind now while still in league.

Minion speed in rings would really improve the gameplay, imho. Specters movement is capped, but you have lost 15% move without frenzy charges and 20-60% from not using movement speed rings. Basically you minions move at base speed which is terribly slow.

"
Hey man awesome build very detailed and well explained guide going with it, super handy!
Been able to clear all game content including Hall of grandmasters/shaper/uber atziri/guardians with difficult mods very nice for a summoner.

Thanks for support ^^

Glad you like the build and gz for endgame clear ;)

"
I am also experimenting with adding spectres to the mix and the 24% scorching ray totem debuff makes a difference even if you don't skill damage on Tukohama's Vanguars. Sadly enough they are kinda slow, so I qualied the spectre gem and have to wait to reach a higher level again, I linked it with the guardian and minion life in my shield.

Hello :)

You have very interesting variant of the build. How much armor can you get for Aegis Aurora to give ES on block?

Losing Phase Run and Temp Chain seems extremely dangerous, but can you do all content deathless with current setup?

You have also lost 15% move without frenzy charges and 20-60% from not using movement speed rings. Basically you minions move at base speed which is terribly slow. With minion movement speed Specters movement will be decent, but not as good as Golems.
[3.12] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, All Bosses Down, Necro, Elementalist
https://tinyurl.com/y8k9fa2f
I just want to thank you for this guide. I managed to kill shaper for the first time! and it was really easy.

I died a few times, since i was not aware of all its attacks, but my golems kill him while i was dead :)

"

You have very interesting variant of the build. How much armor can you get for Aegis Aurora to give ES on block?

Losing Phase Run and Temp Chain seems extremely dangerous, but can you do all content deathless with current setup?

You have also lost 15% move without frenzy charges and 20-60% from not using movement speed rings. Basically you minions move at base speed which is terribly slow. With minion movement speed Specters movement will be decent, but not as good as Golems.

I reach 30k armour with flasks, meaning more than enough to make Aegis wortwhile, when bone offering proggs I am at 75/75 block making it safe. The formless inferno is brokenly good with Aegis if you build around it. If you get a hard hit bone offering will progg meaning the next hit won't go trough and will most likely be blocked. I choose Brine King for stun immunity (which is important for blocking) and Abberath to keep my ES-pool on burning ground. Harbingers have a version of flame dash, so both gods have to be used to make this version of the build in Harbinger viable.

I don't use Temp Chains because Block builds are just in danger from the classical One-shot. I prefer Enfeeble to deal with those. I reached T15 maps in hardcore, run damage mods and wait for the guardian maps to drop. Have done the 4 lower breachlords. Atziri is not hard, but this is expected. I have 4800k life, 1700k ES and 1200 Mana giving me a Lifepool of 7,7k, which is fine, max-res, Ele weakness capped and 10k base armour are good enough to survive most things (all things so far), enfeeble and block help with the rest.

I use convocation often, but mostly it is the run and let the minions reset besides you playstyle. It is not optimal but I am a hardcore player, safety over clearspeed ;)

Last edited by TrojanRabbit on Oct 24, 2017, 4:47:34 PM
"
mika2salo wrote:

Thanks for info!

I would love to see video about boss kill with EE applied. I'll be running tests later but have to grind now while still in league.

Minion speed in rings would really improve the gameplay, imho. Specters movement is capped, but you have lost 15% move without frenzy charges and 20-60% from not using movement speed rings. Basically you minions move at base speed which is terribly slow.

I made a quick video of my 3th shaper kill with EE. I didn't use skeletons tho :D
https://youtu.be/EzMdVqOX91k
Hello

Could someone tell me exactly how minion resistance is calculated?
As in, what is flame golems base resistance, and how much total resistance % do I need to resist cap them?

Just figuring out what I need if I drop aegis.
according to path of building flame golem has 70& fire ressi, 40% light and cold, 20% chaos.

but another question: if i want to trigger bone offering more active i would have to manually use desecrate + bone offering and i would lose the visibility reduce from phase run because im casting desecrate right?
"
unleashed666 wrote:
according to path of building flame golem has 70& fire ressi, 40% light and cold, 20% chaos.

but another question: if i want to trigger bone offering more active i would have to manually use desecrate + bone offering and i would lose the visibility reduce from phase run because im casting desecrate right?

That is correct. The wiki says they have 70% Lightning Resistance instead of Fire, but I suspect it's an error (probably from copying from Summon Lightning Golem page). Also hardly matters except for specific content, since most sources of Elemental Resistances for Minions usually add to all Elements.

Also correct. You don't have to keep casting them both though. Just run away while in Phase Run, then start casting. Desecrate has a cooldown if you use it too often anyway, and you still have Rumi's Concoction flask for some Block.
Nothing is true; everything is permitted.
Last edited by thsscapii on Oct 25, 2017, 2:58:21 PM
"
reaps1234 wrote:
I just want to thank you for this guide. I managed to kill shaper for the first time! and it was really easy.

I died a few times, since i was not aware of all its attacks, but my golems kill him while i was dead :)

Thanks for support ^^

Gz on Shaper kill!

I finally got myself Starforge after so many Shaper runs yesterday. Hopefully you also got nice loot ;)

"
I reach 30k armour with flasks, meaning more than enough to make Aegis wortwhile, when bone offering proggs I am at 75/75 block making it safe. The formless inferno is brokenly good with Aegis if you build around it. If you get a hard hit bone offering will progg meaning the next hit won't go trough and will most likely be blocked. I choose Brine King for stun immunity (which is important for blocking) and Abberath to keep my ES-pool on burning ground. Harbingers have a version of flame dash, so both gods have to be used to make this version of the build in Harbinger viable.

I don't use Temp Chains because Block builds are just in danger from the classical One-shot. I prefer Enfeeble to deal with those. I reached T15 maps in hardcore, run damage mods and wait for the guardian maps to drop. Have done the 4 lower breachlords. Atziri is not hard, but this is expected. I have 4800k life, 1700k ES and 1200 Mana giving me a Lifepool of 7,7k, which is fine, max-res, Ele weakness capped and 10k base armour are good enough to survive most things (all things so far), enfeeble and block help with the rest.

I use convocation often, but mostly it is the run and let the minions reset besides you playstyle. It is not optimal but I am a hardcore player, safety over clearspeed ;)

Thanks for the detailed explanation!
Didn't even notice at first that you were in HC. Nice to see strong HC variant here also.

Yep, for HC Enfeeble might be better option. You can equip AG with melee splash and "Asenath's Gentle Touch" if you want to add Temp Chains without reserving extra mana. Just take Whispers of Doom to not over-ride it with Enfeeble.

"
I made a quick video of my 3th shaper kill with EE. I didn't use skeletons tho :D
https://youtu.be/EzMdVqOX91k

Nice video, thx for sharing!

I actually started experiencing myself with Specters and Golems after your video. I used my alt level 95 char "Singularity_Totem" in standard and geared it with :

Path of Building :
https://pastebin.com/pWaz5Wur

Skill tree got some overhaul from default one, but stayed 90% same. Specters used are "Tukohama's Vanguard". I used 5x Shaper map tier Specters and 3x level 24 Flame Golems

Minions have almost 160% movement speed, so they are pretty much teleporting from place to place. Damage is extremely good as I melted Minotaur in few seconds and Shaper did only few moves before next phase.

I use "Storm Burst" to proc EE and cast Desecrate & Bone Offering. Setup is not very defensive but seems like very few bosses get to even try to hit me before dying.

Animate Guardian has been equipped with :
- Bringer of Rain
- Zahndethus' Cassock
- 2x Dyadus (200% increased burning damage)
- Rainbowstride
- "Curse elemental weakness on hit" gloves

I'll make video later when I get more t16 maps.

"
Hello

Could someone tell me exactly how minion resistance is calculated?
As in, what is flame golems base resistance, and how much total resistance % do I need to resist cap them?

Just figuring out what I need if I drop aegis.

"

"

That is correct. The wiki says they have 70% Lightning Resistance instead of Fire, but I suspect it's an error (probably from copying from Summon Lightning Golem page). Also hardly matters except for specific content, since most sources of Elemental Resistances for Minions usually add to all Elements.

Also correct. You don't have to keep casting them both though. Just run away while in Phase Run, then start casting. Desecrate has a cooldown if you use it too often anyway, and you still have Rumi's Concoction flask for some Block.

Yep, resists are correct. Good rule of the thumb is that all minions tend to have 40% base elemental resitances now, so you need 35% to can them. Thats why the 16% elemental resistance node + 2x 9-10% elemental resistance jewels are enough to cap them.

Second answer is also correct. Rather than casting them separately, I recommend using :

Scorching ray -> Cast while Channeling -> Desecrate -> Offering of choice

This saves time and button smash as you can just hold button and multiple things happen at once. Newest alternative option is to use :

Storm Burst -> Cast while Channeling -> Desecrate -> Offering of choice

This procs Elemental Equilibrium, so you don't have to use the totem.
[3.12] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, All Bosses Down, Necro, Elementalist
https://tinyurl.com/y8k9fa2f
Last edited by mika2salo on Oct 25, 2017, 9:09:03 PM
"
Second answer is also correct. Rather than casting them separately, I recommend using :

Scorching ray -> Cast while Channeling -> Desecrate -> Offering of choice

This saves time and button smash as you can just hold button and multiple things happen at once. Newest alternative option is to use :

Storm Burst -> Cast while Channeling -> Desecrate -> Offering of choice

This procs Elemental Equilibrium, so you don't have to use the totem.

damn, that sounds like a nice idea. gonna try this later. in the shield going for cwdt - convocation - phase run?

edit: ok, my head came up with this:

shiedl. cwdt - phase run - convocation

gloves: storm burst - cast while channeling - desecrate - bone offering

weapon: enlighten support - empower support - discipline
helmet: enhance support - temp chains - blasphemy support - enlighten support?

this would boost energyshield some more while keeping the reserved mana on the same lvl as before. proccing elemental equilibirum is stille possible with permanent bone offering. and has still the defensive phase run trigger to loose aggro.
Last edited by unleashed666 on Oct 26, 2017, 7:46:09 AM
Currently I am running the 5 Fire and one Lightning Golem ES Build. I wonder which version does have better clear speed, can this one keep up with one having 2 more Golems?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info