Buying new PC, need advise :) What is your PC configuration?

"
xMustard wrote:

of course it works. honestly its 100% what im going to do as soon as it gets out of beta, or i get accepted into the beta.

I think the true bottleneck will be latency. The liquid sky server needs to connect to the PoE server, you need to connect to the liquid sky server. That means that you'll always have a disadvantage compared to directly connecting to the PoE server.

However, I like the idea. Thought of something similar in small scale, i.e. get a new and comparatively cheap desktop to play PoE on but have the graphics output on my laptop.
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar
"
xMustard wrote:
"
tehcrs wrote:
"
xMustard wrote:
just subscribe to LiquidSky [..]

Holy shit, I just googled that. Does it really work?

of course it works. honestly its 100% what im going to do as soon as it gets out of beta, or i get accepted into the beta.

i just play on laptop and unlike desktops where you can just upgrade, laptops are much more restricting and it just turns out you'll need to buy a new $1500-2000 laptop every 3 years. or you can go with liquidsky and just use what you have but yet be able to play everything on high etc.

theres basically just two things you need. #1 fast internet (pretty sure most in the world have this now) and #2 a good screen that can project at minimum 1080p (which laptops do have). now you're rolling.

i can't wait to sign up for this and test poe on it. there have been people that have tested other games and reviews of the beta etc they say it works great.

I'm really torn, either buy a new PC (the one I linked earlier for around 520 EUR) or sign up with LiquidSky. Problem with LiquidSky atm is that I have absolutely no idea what I would have to pay for the service and tbh I'm not willing to put down something in the range of 50 EUR/ month. So I'm none the wiser.

Thanks for your input tho.
Pretty cool guy, doesn't afraid of anything. Bring your own weapons, safety not guaranteed.
Last edited by tehcrs on Jan 29, 2017, 7:20:52 AM
Someone else tried to do "LiquidSky" a while back... way back in fact. Streaming rates were way to low at the time to stream you your output fast enough. You'll still get close to 2x the latency. You send a signal to LS, LS sends it to the game server, the server sends it to LS, and then LS sends it to you.

Depending on the arrangement, you get more lag. It's a cool idea, but physics isn't going to change for it.
On the plus side, I have a 150mbit connection and get 15ms ping. I might as well just give it a shot.
Pretty cool guy, doesn't afraid of anything. Bring your own weapons, safety not guaranteed.
Guys this is no BS. I play sometimes w/ my work issued business laptop with on board video. Dell Latitude E7470 lol.

I really think some of you underrate your "toasters" This game handles fine on any mainline CPU made in last 7-8 yrs. Moores law is dead. Video card, a $100 GTX 1050 will make it scream.

Like Chris said though get an SSD it's closet thing to paying to win.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Jan 29, 2017, 10:49:56 AM
Ordered myself a new pc:

16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport LT DDR4-2400 DIMM CL16 Dual Kit
600 Watt be quiet! System Power 8 Non-Modular 80+
6GB Gainward GeForce GTX 1060 Aktiv PCIe 3.0 x16 (Retail)
Gigabyte GA-H270-HD3 Intel H270 So.1151 Dual Channel DDR ATX Retail
Intel Core i5 7600 4x 3.50GHz So.1151 BOX

Already go 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250GB, 2x 3TB WD Harddrives

Replaces my current one:
Phenom 2 1090T (6x 3.2GHz)
8GB RAM
Nvidia GT740

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info