NZGDC 2016 Developer Presentation: Labyrinth Design

GGG, how about taking a poll of players opinion re separating Ascendancy from the very clever but appalling Labyrinth?
Then those who enjoy it, both of them, can do it to their heart's content and the other 90% of players can get on with the game.
"
SudianX wrote:
I love how one of the conclusions is "Watch how people play and listen to their Feedback"

ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
Yes, and I'm sure those polls are super scientific.
Support a free Hong Kong.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with
sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo Galilei
Maybe it is time for a more intelligent labyrinth?

Funny how the vendors can tell the difference between characters and not sell gems to classes outside of the set, yet Izzaro (who seems smarter than Gruest) cannot. Many of the complaints I hear in-game are about the specific build types and how they cannot run the lab. Make the lab a bit more build specific, have it unlock for different classes, and then give an additional reward for unlocking it on all classes or something. Oh, and don't forget to completely screw the scion in this process, she is used to it.
🐢
What a joke ...

Your design is a failure, because it links the "very differnt game play" with the most important "skillpoint-rewards" from your "core game". Oh wait, you didnt mention this proudly to your audience? What a joke...

Nice read thx
And i kinda started to like labyrinth more

You basically can't do uber lab with vaal pact. Without regen u're unable to maintain even with 2-3 health pots(pot is at best for 4k hp, and it's like 3/4 of ur max hp). I know, that u can avoid most traps - but be honest, lags/desync/low fps make u unable to dodge properly.
"
ripnburn69 wrote:
Do they explain why it's just not any fun.

Nope because fun is subjective and some people like the lab and some people don't so you can't make an absolute statement on the matter like that without sounding like you don't understand that basic aspect of reality. It's evident that some players do not enjoy lab, and would rather complain than just get it done.

Some apparently can't manage the social skills needed to get carried 4 times per character and just move on with their lives. So instead some of them have chosen to show off their entitlement and lack of skill issues on the forums.

Some players would have this game turn into a skillless virtual lawn mower simulator.
"only 10% of players care about melee" - Aesop's Fox if he was a GGG dev
"when you die in this game, typically you're getting one shot, you're dieing in one frame; almost always" -Ben_
Last edited by alhazred70 on Jan 26, 2017, 12:15:11 PM
Game was much harder when desync was part of life but some babies who wanted to make it a skillless virtual lawn mower decided to complain so the developers removed it. Can you imagine that?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info