Performance regression

I assume my amd cpu is a bottleneck, and I had expectations for announced 'performance improvements'

upper right graph is FPS
bottom window is MSI afterburner GPU load graph
I have 2-40 fps on dried lake while standing afk with avg gpu usage - 30%

Problem: impostor syndrome
Solution: nerf everything
Result: depressing mess
Last edited by a_z0_9 on Jan 23, 2017, 7:04:47 PM
Last bumped on Feb 22, 2017, 12:06:41 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
The thread was moved.
I don't need tech support.
All I need is GPU utilization.

amazing patch.
Problem: impostor syndrome
Solution: nerf everything
Result: depressing mess
CPU (~50%) & GPU (~30%) loads are still the same, but before the 2.5.2 patch i had 50-60 fps in my hideout. I've now 25-30.

I've just opened a map to see if the perf are really that bad, and they're. Waterways after killing a bunch of mobs (i've at least my fps divided my 2 if not more) :

Conf : Core 2 Quad Q9400 @2.67Ghz, ATI 7870 2Go, 8Go Ram, WIn7 x64.

Edit @Henry_GGG (Below) : Dxdiag sent by pm.
Edit² : I just tried Dx9Ex for science, i've flat 60 fps in my hideout. So smooth in maps, almost better than dx11 strangely atm (from before the current patch obviously). I'll stay in Dx9 Ex version for now i guess.
Last edited by Harest on Jan 23, 2017, 7:59:36 PM
Can you two please post or PM me your dxdiag. Cheers.
@Henry_GGG
Same issue here...the game is unplayable.
I'm tried dx9, dx9ex, dx11 without luck.
Before this patch I was able to play smoothly in dx11...now, as I cast 2-3 spells, or in burning maps for example, my fps drops to 1-2...
I can send you my dxdiag if needed.

My rig is:

Phenom II x6 1055t
AMD HD7950 3g
16gb ddr3
"
HantuKumKum wrote:
@Henry_GGG
Same issue here...the game is unplayable.
I'm tried dx9, dx9ex, dx11 without luck.
Before this patch I was able to play smoothly in dx11...now, as I cast 2-3 spells, or in burning maps for example, my fps drops to 1-2...
I can send you my dxdiag if needed.

My rig is:

Phenom II x6 1055t
AMD HD7950 3g
16gb ddr3

Thanks for the report as well, and for the dxdiag/pm!
I am having the same issue with stuttering while using Dx11 after path 2.5.2. Sent my DxDiag info by PM.

Also someone had the theory that the problem is with Windows 7 users.

I am currently using Windows 7, are you guys as well?

Please fix this as Dx11 used to run so much better than Dx9.
"
Harest wrote:

Edit : I just tried Dx9Ex for science, i've flat 60 fps in my hideout. So smooth in maps, almost better than dx11 strangely atm (from before the current patch obviously). I'll stay in Dx9 Ex version for now i guess.

I'd wonder if it's related to this;

"
Qarl wrote:
  • Parallelised the rendering of the DirectX 11 client. This allows multi-threading for scene rendering, improving performance.
  • These gains only improve performance if you were previously bottlenecked by the speed of your CPU (rather than graphics card).

• Bex mentioned this requiring Constant Buffer Offsets, which may not be supported by your system.

I'd guess that anyone else adversely affected by the "performance improvements" in the patch should also stop using DirectX 11 until GGG can deploy a fix for the issue. I'm curious if it's only / mostly Win7 users having this problem... if so, that would add some weight to the theory.
  • “Please understand that imposing strong negative views regarding our team on to other players when you are representing our most helpful forum posters is not appropriate.” — GGG 2022

----

I'm not 'Sarno' on Discord. I don't know who that is.
    Windows 7 here, too.

Not even constant 60 fps while STANDING in my hideout atm.
    And it contains nothing but my masters and crafting benches.

i5-2500K @ 4 Ghz
    980 Ti OC

(playing in 4K but GPU utilisation in hideout is almost zero)
    IGN: Doenertier // Timezone: GMT+1 (Germany)
    "
    Sarno wrote:
    "
    Harest wrote:

Edit : I just tried Dx9Ex for science, i've flat 60 fps in my hideout. So smooth in maps, almost better than dx11 strangely atm (from before the current patch obviously). I'll stay in Dx9 Ex version for now i guess.

I'd wonder if it's related to this;

"
    Qarl wrote:
    • Parallelised the rendering of the DirectX 11 client. This allows multi-threading for scene rendering, improving performance.
    • These gains only improve performance if you were previously bottlenecked by the speed of your CPU (rather than graphics card).

• Bex mentioned this requiring Constant Buffer Offsets, which may not be supported by your system.

I'd guess that anyone else adversely affected by the "performance improvements" in the patch should also stop using DirectX 11 until GGG can deploy a fix for the issue. I'm curious if it's only / mostly Win7 users having this problem... if so, that would add some weight to the theory.

• I posted about this issue with Windows 7 earlier.
  • Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info