Sony servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

[ SSF Concerns ] Without Smart Loot it may be SSL (Solo Spell League).

"
Druga1757 wrote:
What is a loot filter? it basically hides loot you don't want to see - lower bases, flasks, maybe even currency, armor/weapon types, etc.

Well that's actually just one side of what the loot filter can do.
I always thought they mis-named the feature.

It should be called a loot highlighter. That is the main purpose, to highlight things you may have otherwise missed.
"
EKTELESTES wrote:
Casters - Spell Totems - Trappers will be the only viable chars to make it to the endgame with your 1st char without heavily relying on RNGesus with the current loot system.

2nd-3rd etc chars will depend on your loot / farming divination cards, so they could be attack based chars.

What I mean by smart loot = Not necessarily raising the drop rate; just have it so that if I have an attack based char, let's say Bow based, more bows drop than other weapon types. This way, the drop rate won't be altered, so you won't get more rares, uniques, etc, just MORE RELEVANT loot.

Other suggestions on how to balance SSF / make it a more enjoyable experience?

I got your point but I guess that has nothing to do with SSF but RNG or Melee vs Ranged in general. It's easy to start with elemental base attack build or melee totem build to switch to specific physical weapon base later.

If you want to skip those difficulties along the progression towards the end-game, you just can start as non-SSF and it's recommended.

"
Goals For Implementation:
-To cleanly enforce the SSF ruleset.
-Players can easily opt-out characters or their entire league progress (masters, atlas, etc) at any time that they want to start trading or partying.
-To be an optional mode. For now there are no incentives for playing other than additional challenge and bragging rights.
-We do not want new players to choose SSF unless they know what they're doing. Despite the addition of this mode, Path of Exile is still designed and intended to be multiplayer with partying and trading.
Stop Bombing Syria
/Flu_prevention_mode ON
Moment Joon 【Passport & Garcon】https://bit.ly/2wXiUSj
MonoNeon 【Put On Earth For You】https://bit.ly/3I22mru
First of all, to get things right; I applaud the creation of a SSF League, it's one of the best things to happen to PoE in years IMHO. However,

The thing is, I'm a strong supporter of the concept:

"If you want to do something, do it RIGHT".

And GGG is infamous for its half measures and half-fixed "solutions".

Many people replied and they actually acknowledge that Spell based chars have a clear edge vs Attack based chars, yet fail to suggest solutions or even understand what's going on and they recommend RNG procedures that not only require a high level but can also be super frustrating and a complete waste of time.

"Wealth in a game is measured by the amount of fun, joy and entertainment you can get out of it".
-Mythabril
Last edited by EKTELESTES on Jan 24, 2017, 4:04:32 AM
It wont be just spells, going 2H melee (non-totem) or (elem) bow will be viable as first char too. Essence crafting will help a lot. I play SSF till maps every first char in league. Regal is the only orb that is too scarce early on and would be really helpful if it dropped more often.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
Last edited by morbo on Jan 24, 2017, 4:33:26 AM
And there are others, such as me, who think that the way GGG are doing it is optimal. What now? We can put our points forward endlessly or just leave it at that: for some people SSF would need to be different from what it's obviously going to be, i.e. just that, SSF - you play solo, you don't trade.
All this "Yeah, but we need more loot/ smart loot/ different loot/ easier crafting..." is what delayed SSF for so long.
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar
@OP

Is this really an issue? SSF will be optional with no real rewards or incentives than your own desire or disdain of certain game features. Pick up a build that you fancy and enjoy SSF or dont. Nobody forces you to use SSF if you want to play attack-based characters.

I personally played last 3 challenge leagues as self-imposed SSF and my starting character was always Ancestral Warchief. Unless GGG nerfs AW, I will continue using it as my starting build because it has: very low gearing requirements, works with wide variety of gear and the build is flexible enough to cover lack of gear by spending points.

I tend to sell to other players items I find and dont plan to use, which means I most likely wont be in SSF ladder for long. I dont mind either way as it is my decision to play the way I like it. I dont care about ladders nor I intend bragging about it.
"
EKTELESTES wrote:
First of all, to get things right; I applaud the creation of a SSF League, it's one of the best things to happen to PoE in years IMHO. However,

The thing is, I'm a strong supporter of the concept:

"If you want to do something, do it RIGHT".

And GGG is infamous for its half measures and half-fixed "solutions".

Many people replied and they actually acknowledge that Spell based chars have a clear edge vs Attack based chars, yet fail to suggest solutions or even understand what's going on and they recommend RNG procedures that not only require a high level but can also be super frustrating and a complete waste of time.

There, players will likely to have what they need before they get to a higher level and the game play will be super comfortable and satisfying entire games.

Your solution is right but the goal is wrong imo.
Stop Bombing Syria
/Flu_prevention_mode ON
Moment Joon 【Passport & Garcon】https://bit.ly/2wXiUSj
MonoNeon 【Put On Earth For You】https://bit.ly/3I22mru
Have you guys even played SSF before making these assumptions?

Yes spells will be easier, they always have been as league starters SSF or not makes no difference.

I was ranked 28 in the SSF week race to enter the awakening beta and the first "attack" based character in the rankings. If that race was 2 weeks ore more, i would have probably surpassed more casters by the end of it, since attack builds can scale harder then spell builds in the end-game but are more dependent on gear to do so.

I was clearing 77/78 maps with a 180 dps harbinger at the time and made lvl 91 in a week. And the game became exponentially easier since then.

crafting methods
essences
atlas progression(higher baseline tier to xp in)
ascendancy's

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
The start for attack based characters is pretty similar to spell based characters. If you have issues with gearing yourself there are plenty of resources. Usually the only thing you need is the wiki's page on vendor recipes. Then apply that knowledge to what you know about crafting gear. You'll be one or two shotting most leveling mobs in short order, no matter if you started melee weapon or bow. Leveling uniques are really not needed due to low mob hp.

Starting gems are a bit of an issue for some class choices, but running a scion or similar to act 4 normal solves most issues. A run to act4 normal once a league is hardly a huge timesink. Or you can just level with something else until you get a drop. Did my start this league that way and worked out ok, though certain vaal abilities were delayed longer than I'd like.
Rustic sash recipe? Essence.

Anyway spells are just better everyone knows this not because you supposedly cant get a weapon either. It's the fact they have more AOE and DPS and dont miss and dont need a new weapon every 10 levels to keep pace. So yeah like always more will play path of spells.

So what else is new?
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Jan 24, 2017, 7:02:52 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info