[ SSF Concerns ] Without Smart Loot it may be SSL (Solo Spell League).

Casters - Spell Totems - Trappers will be the only viable chars to make it to the endgame with your 1st char without heavily relying on RNGesus with the current loot system.

2nd-3rd etc chars will depend on your loot / farming divination cards, so they could be attack based chars.

What I mean by smart loot = Not necessarily raising the drop rate; just have it so that if I have an attack based char, let's say Bow based, more bows drop than other weapon types. This way, the drop rate won't be altered, so you won't get more rares, uniques, etc, just MORE RELEVANT loot.

Other suggestions on how to balance SSF / make it a more enjoyable experience?

"Wealth in a game is measured by the amount of fun, joy and entertainment you can get out of it".
-Mythabril
Last bumped on Jan 24, 2017, 1:13:03 PM
GGG is likely not going to alter drop tables to make SSL more lucrative. It took them 4 years to hop on the SSL wagon and it will be another 4 years until SSL has buffed drop rates.

The danger with making a new 'baseline' is it will further divide the player base.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Last edited by Nephalim on Jan 23, 2017, 6:06:39 PM
"
Nephalim wrote:
GGG is likely not going to alter drop tables to make SSL more lucrative. It took them 4 years to hop on the SSL wagon and it will be another 4 years until SSL has buffed drop rates.

The danger with making a new 'baseline' is it will further divide the player base.

I'm not talking about buffing em :P I'm talking about NOT having a Solo Spell League (which confused you and you kept typing SSL instead of SSF :P ) :P

This is not a new "baseline", this is about VIABILITY. You can't make comparisons with the Leagues we had so far.

1 - You can't trade.

2 - Attacks rely on weapons, so it's 100% rng based on your 1st char.

"Wealth in a game is measured by the amount of fun, joy and entertainment you can get out of it".
-Mythabril
Last edited by EKTELESTES on Jan 23, 2017, 6:13:54 PM
Craft your bow with the appropriate essences. Instead of spending your currency on trade you will spend it on crafting.
How does one get currency with no trade tho Kappa that is the question at least for you... i never sell anything on poe so im always stuck with no currency so crafting is junk to me maybe thats why LUL

Also crafting is just junk even if you had 1k all orbs because rng favors the bad rolls more then the good
Crafting should work ok-ish. You won't have an 800 dps weapon but a 400 dps one is feasible.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
This will highlight some of the flaws in their game design. GGG needs this data to tweak things for the console release.
"
EKTELESTES wrote:
"
Nephalim wrote:

I'm not talking about buffing em :P I'm talking about NOT having a Solo Spell League (which confused you and you kept typing SSL instead of SSF :P ) :P

This is not a new "baseline", this is about VIABILITY. You can't make comparisons with the Leagues we had so far.

1 - You can't trade.

I always playing solo self found 1st when the new league started, two handed or one handed I also tried before and I have no problem to it, if compare to regular one the only different is it will going to take more time if your RNG really realy unlucky, but most of the time it still fine cuz...

Now we have so many crafting materials and forsaken masters, so chance to get bad RNG is much lesser.
For me SSF also can feel like a Surviving ARPG play style :D
In love Hardcore solo self-found mode
Last edited by dohh2008 on Jan 23, 2017, 7:56:48 PM
Thats just part of the game.
ProbablyGettingNerfed - L100 Occultist
Vinktarded - L100 Pathfinder
GoogleDiversityHire - L100 Necromancer

3.13 was the pinnacle of PoE. IVYS+1 Gang 4 Life.
"
EKTELESTES wrote:

1 - You can't trade.

Viability is difficult term because it means different things to different people. For me the current drops, masters, essences and just crafting with orbs is viable; my lvl 89 SSF Blade Flurry Max Block (ok, only 74% now) Gladiator is doing just fine and isn't too much behind in progress when compared to my usual non-SSF characters (if trading I'd do red maps instead of 8-10 I do now).

Spells are obviously easier to start in SSF but many of the essential weapon uniques are quite common (like I've had AT LEAST one Marohi in pretty much every league and I've been playing quite casually) and you can craft decent rare weapons pretty consistently. My Gladiator is still using 235 dps sword and it's perfectly fine for yellow maps:

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info