Solo Self-Found Support in 2.6.0

"
You are right on that gem thing. Although you can just mule the gems over with another character, but I know, it is tedious. Then those build enabling uniques: grind them. Yeah, you might not get lucky and get them, but quite many SSF players have gotten shavs and other T1 build enabling uniques. The whole idea of SSF is that you have to find/craft your own gear. Too bad if you dont get to play the one meta build you want play before you find the correct items.

It is odd for me to read comments about making it easier to go SSF and increase drop rates etc. The whole idea of going SSF is to create additional challenge for yourself. Not to get fancy items easier or some kind of preferential treatment so that one could play metabuilds without trading.

If you dont like hardship, dont play SSF and dont expect GGG to nerf the SSF experience for those players who want it to be challenging and play it for that reason.

Actually there is another reason to play SSF: I for example just don't like to interact with anyone in the game. I know, I should probably just play single player games, but I like the whole concept and style of POE (except the whole online thing). So for recluses like me (however weird we might seem to most others) either some built-in trading mechanic or (slightly) improved drop chances in exchange for being kept off the competitve player base would be perfect.

SO yeah, I do understand the people asking for improved drop chances in SSF to make the experience somewhat less tedious for anyone who likes to "beat" the game without having to grind for months.
"
Bungeespider wrote:

Actually there is another reason to play SSF: I for example just don't like to interact with anyone in the game. I know, I should probably just play single player games, but I like the whole concept and style of POE (except the whole online thing). So for recluses like me (however weird we might seem to most others) either some built-in trading mechanic or (slightly) improved drop chances in exchange for being kept off the competitve player base would be perfect.

Let me get this straight, you want to be rewarded for being anti-social, when the game was designed to be a social experience? Doesn't this seem to go against the very nature of the game you're asking? That doesn't make much design sense for GGG to do. Although if they were trying to make SSF a popular way to play, it might be the right course of action -- right now it seems like GGG's intention is to provide a ladder for people that want to be recognized, e.g. bragging rights.

That being said, the game is a lot better solo experience than it used to be. Masters make it easy to round out your gear, and a lot of the skills have been buffed to the point that they will carry you into the end game as long as you cap your resistances. Solo doesn't really need a buff to be playable, or even streamlined. You just spend more time.
"
Bungeespider wrote:

SO yeah, I do understand the people asking for improved drop chances in SSF to make the experience somewhat less tedious for anyone who likes to "beat" the game without having to grind for months.

Oh people asking for improved drops is very easy to understand. The question is whether or not improving drops is merited. On the surface the answer is "no" because the game can be played to completion without any outside assistance. What do I mean? I mean that you're perfectly capable of succeeding by yourself.

As long as SSF allows players to opt out at will I will stand against improving drops for SSF regardless of the reasoning. My reasoning is simple, as long as SSF remains an opt out mode, it will be possible to exploit SSF to create more currency for the players participating in it. This means that there will be bots in SSF rather than the leagues to exploit the increased drop rates. This kind of ruins the point of SSF.

So on two fronts the answer is "no". Drops don't need to be buffed for the game to be playable, and increasing the drops introduces new problems. If you take out the opt out then maybe the discussion will be more interesting. Because then it will be people that want a more challenging experience, versus those that want an easier experience. In that particular debate, I'm not sure where I stand.
Last edited by ghoulavenger on Feb 22, 2017, 4:21:50 PM
GGG could add new recipe for SSF people that really need build enabling item, for example: white item + orb of chance + expensive currency like Ex orb or multiple chaos orbs for increased chances of getting unique. Example: white + OOC + 10 chaos orbs for +3% chance for unique, +20 chaos for +6% etc.. so with 300 chaos you could get 90% chance
Last edited by viszu on Feb 23, 2017, 4:43:24 AM
I really like the idea, there is only one thing that i think is a making it to easy...
Yeah i am saying to easy if you really want to experiance the Vanilla Class system
you should't share the stash with all your ssf characters...

If all your SSF characters share the same stash, you create a work around the skill gem class system.
I did with my hardcore characters at at the start of a new season,
You just create a extra ssf character and level it up to buy the gem stones you can't buy with your main SSF character course of the classes difference.

Please eliminate that by not sharing the stash i think there are more people who will support that...

Last edited by leeloo on Feb 23, 2017, 6:51:47 AM
"
ghoulavenger wrote:

Let me get this straight, you want to be rewarded for being anti-social, when the game was designed to be a social experience? Doesn't this seem to go against the very nature of the game you're asking? That doesn't make much design sense for GGG to do. Although if they were trying to make SSF a popular way to play, it might be the right course of action -- right now it seems like GGG's intention is to provide a ladder for people that want to be recognized, e.g. bragging rights.

That being said, the game is a lot better solo experience than it used to be. Masters make it easy to round out your gear, and a lot of the skills have been buffed to the point that they will carry you into the end game as long as you cap your resistances. Solo doesn't really need a buff to be playable, or even streamlined. You just spend more time.

Oh people asking for improved drops is very easy to understand. The question is whether or not improving drops is merited. On the surface the answer is "no" because the game can be played to completion without any outside assistance. What do I mean? I mean that you're perfectly capable of succeeding by yourself.

As long as SSF allows players to opt out at will I will stand against improving drops for SSF regardless of the reasoning. My reasoning is simple, as long as SSF remains an opt out mode, it will be possible to exploit SSF to create more currency for the players participating in it. This means that there will be bots in SSF rather than the leagues to exploit the increased drop rates. This kind of ruins the point of SSF.

So on two fronts the answer is "no". Drops don't need to be buffed for the game to be playable, and increasing the drops introduces new problems. If you take out the opt out then maybe the discussion will be more interesting. Because then it will be people that want a more challenging experience, versus those that want an easier experience. In that particular debate, I'm not sure where I stand.

You're right, I might not have gotten my point across properly: Rewarding people for playing SSF while giving them the chance to opt out would indeed be a horrible idea for obvious reasons. But I have read quite a few posts of people who exclusively play SSF and would probably be perfectly happy with making the SSF choice permanently.

I think a permanent SSF league could enable a few interesting mechanics to balance out the loot system without having bots ruin the market. The obvious problem here is that everybody seems to have a different idea of what an optimal challenge is. For me it would be enough to see vendor and crafting prices being just a little less punishing in comparision to market prices. For many others exactly that seems to be the real challenge. Both parties can always say "just don't use vendor recipies"/ "just trade". By default the current system wins and everything takes longer in SSF. That's fine, I'm not demanding, I just think a closer gap between SSF and regular would be nice.

The question is, whether the amount of players who like to play the game that way justify the expense in work needed to create yet another permanent-SSF-only league on top. I would not expect so and that probably makes the whole point kinda moot.

But to me it seems GGG is doing everything to please as broad an audience as possible. Even if the game by design was meant to be a bit different. I'll just hope that trend continues.
I really do not think we need any special bonus drop rates or special rules in place other then what GGG has put in place. Me as a solo player mostly though I like to be competitive, likes the idea that I can compete against like minded players. The only real difference now between me and SSF players is time invested in playing and the love from RNGesus. It is as close to a balanced playing field as you can get. That and the loot hunt... Is that next drop around the corner gonna be a huge one? Instead of.. I need to grind out x currency to get x item).

But to each their own. I know some love the trading game, and others like the loot hunt game. I feel SSF is more rewarding and welcome it and will probably strictly only play that form of game play from now on. I may never hit top 100, but I will give it my best.Thanks GGG for listening to us.
Last edited by mindmage2 on Feb 23, 2017, 11:28:40 AM
For me the game can stay Just like it is in regards too drop rates and so on. I now have already spend like 200 fusion orbs to get an armor piece with 6 links. And maybe it will never happen, but when it does I will be much more extatic. That is Just the beauty of this way of playing.

It's not about finding the uniques to make profit so you can bye other uniques.

Also the fact that you don't have the foresight of what items you'll find makes building a character an adventure

So I say it again. Nothing has to change. But it's nice to have a ladder that takes the not trading/partying in account
Last edited by LestatGames on Feb 23, 2017, 3:12:45 PM
I am happy about this Solo League mainly because I play solo.......DUH!! I play solo because I like the privacy that comes with it and the ability to play at your own pace. The rewards are better I feel not in a material way but a mental way, it's exciting when you find something good compared to buying it.

I also have not figured out how to trade, it seems so awkward and time consuming because people are fickle and can not be trusted half the time. I have a reasonable pile of currency which I use for crafting since I do not buy or trade.

I have one of each character that are all self found solo. the highest being lvl71 Duelest in Merciless act 3.

I for one is looking forward to the new league, good on ya GGG ......

Ps I am a Kiwi living in the States, I will keep an eye open for some free stuff.....cheers!!!
"
"
Telzen wrote:
So will there be a new SSF standard league? Or is this just for temp leagues?

Has this been answered yet? Very curious about it. Nevertheless, implementing official SSF ladders is friggin AWESOME!! Will bring me back to the game after a loong break :)

I need to know this (for HC Permanent League tho)
It will be so great if we get permanent SSF for SC and HC

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info