Solo Self-Found Support in 2.6.0

If it weren't for nonsense like the Witch is the only class that doesn't get Fortify Support as a vendor reward in act 3 I would be all for it.
Honestly this one seems to completely miss the point. For alot of SSF players it's not about extra "challenge" (adding 500 hours of grinding isnt "difficulty", it's JUST tedium... how could hours upon hours of fighting trash mobs be "challenge"?). It's often about the simple fact that we dont want to trade. Or sometimes, CANT trade.

Maybe the player in question simply is anti-social and doesnt want to deal with people (definitely me), or maybe they dont really see the point of a game about loot-drops when you can just outright buy anything you want (also me). Or maybe there are those that find trading way too difficult, since the system isnt automated and you MUST be online at the same exact time as whoever you're trading with, and they simply dont have the time for longer sessions that allows that to happen. There's a ton of reasons for it, and for SSF players, the game is sorta just unviable. Getting to the Shaper for instance? Yeah, not happening, not for those that dont have really stupid amounts of time on their hands. All because of really extreme RNG issues. All the skill in the world doesnt get you past that point when it takes a billionty years for things you need to actually bother to drop. And yes, RNG in this genre is expected, but this game goes WAY too far with it.

Honestly I'd been so excited for this, and it was one of the reasons why I'd jumped back into the game recently... finally, a way to REALLY play this solo! But now... feh. I think that interest is mostly gone again. I simply dont want to deal with other players, and since I play this during the middle of the night it'd be extra difficult to trade anything anyway.

Bah. This game always seems like something I could really love... but yet again, the infection that is almost-forced multiplayer kinda kills it,like with too many other games.

Stuff like Grim Dawn and Diablo sure arent as good in terms of their mechanics and such, but... they're actually VIABLE for me. So, seems like they're going to get most of my attention for now. Oh well...
Unless I misread it, one thing seems to be missing:

I will have SSF char for me and I will have a group char I play with friends...
Now, obviously the SSF char can't get any items from the other one. But it should work the other way around! I mean, if I find some cool item on my SSF char and decide to give it to my group char (who's trading anyways) that would be nice to be able to do without giving up the SSF status.

(Yes, I'm aware this is not a huge issue as most people won't be playing that way.
Yes, I'm also aware that I don't "need" the SSF tag and just do what I intend to by having 2 normal chars.)

Just saying it would be a nice bonus feature to have the SSF bank kinda "read-only" for the normal characters of that league. Kinda like when stash tabs get merged to normal
"
Hexcaliber wrote:
I have only ever played SSF so this is good news, and it doesn't need higher drop rates, better chances in crafting or any other guff.

Depends on whether or not they want people to try SSF -- the people that are generally asking for increased drop rates are trying to promote SSF as an alternative for trading which it is not. I'm only strongly against increased drop rates as long as they have the opt out option. I'm kind of on the fence if they remove that option, because some people actually enjoy the grind.

The game itself is currently playable without ever trading a single item and getting to top tier maps. They keep adding new tools for it too. It'll just be slower than if you had traded. In some cases far slower than you can complete within a single league (such as acquiring a specific piece of gear). So in my opinion you don't really need increased drop rates.
"
Hexcaliber wrote:

Frankly, I am disappointed that all SSF chars across a league will have a common stash, as it misses the whole point of playing SSF in the first place. It allows those with nothing but time to grind loot and then twink chars for the end of a league, but at least it's a start.

I think you're now confusing SSF with personal challenge. At it's most basic form SSF is simply playing the game without partying and without trading. Muling gear so to speak doesn't break either of those principles.
Last edited by ghoulavenger on Feb 19, 2017, 4:47:04 AM
"
Ulrira wrote:
Unless I misread it, one thing seems to be missing:

I will have SSF char for me and I will have a group char I play with friends...
Now, obviously the SSF char can't get any items from the other one. But it should work the other way around! I mean, if I find some cool item on my SSF char and decide to give it to my group char (who's trading anyways) that would be nice to be able to do without giving up the SSF status.

(Yes, I'm aware this is not a huge issue as most people won't be playing that way.
Yes, I'm also aware that I don't "need" the SSF tag and just do what I intend to by having 2 normal chars.)

Just saying it would be a nice bonus feature to have the SSF bank kinda "read-only" for the normal characters of that league. Kinda like when stash tabs get merged to normal

You can create an SSF mule character (with the item you want to give your other char) and transfer it to the respective non-SSF league.
No wonder it's lost, it's in the middle of the jungle!
"
The kids asking for less rng, better drops, more currency. Actually hilarious ;)

If you want easy life just play without SSF, SSF isnt an alternative to trading.

are you telling me a reasonable precentage of players can reach shaper in a SSF league? try him a couple of times? all that without creating the most OP-meta chars (warchief/pizzatotems for example).

have you done it? and if so, would you say you play "streamer" hours or "regular player" hours?

BTW - even if you're right, calling people kids and laughing at them is condescending and not fit for a mature discussion.
Exellent GGG. You mast do the offline mode next.. ))
"
Theshadow5 wrote:
"
The kids asking for less rng, better drops, more currency. Actually hilarious ;)

If you want easy life just play without SSF, SSF isnt an alternative to trading.

are you telling me a reasonable precentage of players can reach shaper in a SSF league? try him a couple of times? all that without creating the most OP-meta chars (warchief/pizzatotems for example).

have you done it? and if so, would you say you play "streamer" hours or "regular player" hours?

BTW - even if you're right, calling people kids and laughing at them is condescending and not fit for a mature discussion.

I think you're missing the point. SSF isn't supposed to be easier, nor does it matter if it is. The game is perfectly playable without trading and by yourself. It just takes longer. If you don't want it to take longer then SSF is *not* for you.

That being said, it is possible to reach Shaper if that is your actual objective. You just need to farm high tier maps. Easiest way to get them in quantity is to run uberlab a lot. Or if you play a build capable of doing uber atziri, uber atziri runs. It's a little bit easier to do uberlab though, since the fragments to uber atziri are so RNG gated.

Actually beating Shaper depends on your skill, your build, and your gear. Just like it is while you are trading. Some people will be able to do it, others won't. Complaining you need to play the meta to beat Shaper is no different than in if you trade, so there isn't much point about complaining about SSF specifically. You should be complaining about the Shaper, or about skills that need buffs, etc.
"
If you don't want it to take longer then SSF is *not* for you.

I dont completely agree. The gap between the amount of time needed to "complete" your build in SSF and in non-SSF is pretty large. I really like finding my own gear, and don't plan on trading. that's SSF for me.

I honestly dont understand why you define SSF as "the mode the has you grinding x3 more hours than the other mode". This is more obvious once you consider the fact the game is balanced around trading. for me, SSF is merely "PoE offline". and as such, it needs adjustments.

and BTW, its not like I was suggesting something insane and gamebreaking. I was only suggesting a small currency (not item!) drop increase [and maybe a map increase but I`m willing to let that go].
Last edited by Theshadow5 on Feb 20, 2017, 12:16:10 AM
"
Theshadow5 wrote:
"
If you don't want it to take longer then SSF is *not* for you.

I dont completely agree. The gap between the amount of time needed to "complete" your build in SSF and in non-SSF is pretty large. I really like finding my own gear, and don't plan on trading. that's SSF for me.

And that is what it already is.
"
Theshadow5 wrote:

I honestly dont understand why you define SSF as "the mode the has you grinding x3 more hours than the other mode". This is more obvious once you consider the fact the game is balanced around trading. for me, SSF is merely "PoE offline". and as such, it needs adjustments.

Except that SSF is a self imposed challenge, not an alternate mode of play. You're suggesting it needs adjustments when in fact Path of Exile is not intended to be played SSF. GGG's outline for the SSF league intends it to be a temporary thing for players, and discourages the involvement of new players -- they aren't trying to reinvent the wheel. About the only improvement they have offered with the league is an official ladder.
Last edited by ghoulavenger on Feb 20, 2017, 12:26:40 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info