Plans to support PC to XBox account migration?

To all the winers that want stuff on their xbox.
Don't cry you payed to support poe when it was on pc without knowing it came to the xbox and even then so you didn't know if u could transfer it all...

deal with it we pc only players donated aswell for xbox while we didn't knew/like that so yeah get over it if u want ur beloved mtx so badly stay playing on pc like u always done or create 2 accounts :')
"Now all that's left is for you getting on your knees."
if you know thanks me:) i'm dying to find out x'D
"
鬼殺し wrote:
'winers'

'we pc only players'.

Yeah, you've just made your unreasonable bias and close-minded agenda plain as day.

Invalid stance in this discussion. Dismissed.

___

There isn't much more to discuss here sadly. Either GGG and Microsoft can figure something out, or PoE on console will be aimed almost exclusively at new players. Nothing wrong with that, but as noted repeatedly, when other free to play games could offer a one-time account migration so that people who supported financially so heftily during a game's development wouldn't have to double-dip hundreds, possibly even thousands of dollars, it's not exactly a shining moment for GGG.

Oh well. What is, is.

oh so xbox lovers are allowed to talk trash and total crap about pc players that supported the game but people that want to play it on the xbox must get their way?
just listen to what Christ said and cry... "Microtransactions can't be moved between platforms. This is not something that is allowed."

/thread
"
satanttin wrote:

just listen to what Christ said and cry... "Microtransactions can't be moved between platforms. This is not something that is allowed."

/thread

Was that in the gospel of Mark, or Luke?

"
鬼殺し wrote:
That still eats into Microsoft's cut of expected mtx sales. Same problem in the end.

I'm sure something could be negotiated. I don't think it would affect all that many people anyway in the grand scheme of things.

"
Chris wrote:
Sorry for the slow reply here!

No migration is possible between PC and Xbox One realms. They're different games, so you can't bring across your characters and items.

Microtransactions can't be moved between platforms. This is not something that is allowed.

Chris, this is a really bad decision imo.

I personally know several people whose pc really struggles to handle the game (and they aren't the only ones as you can find out by checking out the forums), still they chose to support it, hoping for it to reach a stage where it would be possible to enjoy it without spending a fortune on apropriate hardware.

Now when a viable solution is finally presented, you are saying that it basically won't be an option for them.

This may seem like a wise decision to you now, since you probably don't want the PC playerbase to diminish.

But one year or more from now, when you'll have people that have just now bought 700-1000$ desktops complain that they get crap performance on x/y situation, while the game will probably run smooth on console (due to compromises you'll have made for it, but refuse to do on pc), there will probably be a big shitstorm which you could have avoided.

Please think this through if you haven't finallized your decision.
Last edited by smichal52 on Feb 22, 2017, 3:45:20 AM
"
smichal52 wrote:
"
Chris wrote:
Sorry for the slow reply here!

No migration is possible between PC and Xbox One realms. They're different games, so you can't bring across your characters and items.

Microtransactions can't be moved between platforms. This is not something that is allowed.

Chris, this is a really bad decision imo.

I personally know several people whose pc really struggles to handle the game (and they aren't the only ones as you can find out by checking out the forums), still they chose to support it, hoping for it to reach a stage where it would be possible to enjoy it without spending a fortune on apropriate hardware.

Now when a viable solution is finally presented, you are saying that it basically won't be an option for them.

This may seem like a wise decision to you now, since you probably don't want the PC playerbase to diminish.

But one year or more from now, when you'll have people that have just now bought 700-1000$ desktops complain that they get crap performance on x/y situation, while the game will probably run smooth on console (due to compromises you'll have made for it, but refuse to do on pc), there will probably be a big shitstorm which you could have avoided.

Please think this through if you haven't finallized your decision.

Are you complaning about people who can't afford 900 dollar pc's but can afford an xbox one? if they couldn't play the game to begin with i doubt they would have bought MTX's or something like that. where the logic? "Oh i can't run this game.... I'M GONNA BUY STASH TABS FOR IT!" no logic. as for it not being allowed, really dude? warframe on the pc is completely separate game from the xbox one and ps4 versions, i bought bunch of stuff on there that i can't access on ps4 or xbox one, they are completely separate realms. also the people you know doesn't mean anything to the player base of this game, sucks they can't run it wait for the XBOX Verison if they can't afford a decent pc which can run anyone a minimum of 400 dollars or more, and don't pay for MTX or Stash tabs until you get the xbox one version, if they miss out on a league or two it not GGG's fault. and the compermises made for xbox version is for that exact reason, it's an xbox why are you comparing it to a pc?
"
ZekromEX wrote:

Are you complaning about people who can't afford 900 dollar pc's but can afford an xbox one?

Yes I am, after all the price difference is huge.

"
ZekromEX wrote:

where the logic?

The logic is as follows: "Since I cant afford a hardware upgrade, I might as well buy some tabs to make my life easier and not play inventory tetris"

also "Those guys are cool for making this awsome game which is also free, I should support them and/or help make the game better"

"
ZekromEX wrote:

also the people you know doesn't mean anything to the player base of this game,...

This is not correct, just a quick search will show you that
https://www.pathofexile.com/search/results/performance+lag+freeze+stutter/search-within/forumthreads/forums/248%2C1/time/past-month
This is just for the past month, and keep in mind that only a small percentage of people will actually go and make a post about it.

"
ZekromEX wrote:

and the compermises made for xbox version is for that exact reason, it's an xbox why are you comparing it to a pc

By compromises, I mean that xbox is a specific piece of hardware, so they need to make sure the game performs well for it and only it, so they have to make the graphical degrades/optimizations that are needed.

On the other hand, on pc they can get away with a lot, since they can always use some of the best hardware available at the time to make their own demonstration videos and use as a reference point for performance and optimizations.

Last edited by smichal52 on Feb 22, 2017, 4:37:06 AM
Oh well, too bad.
Guess I won't make the switch to XBONE then.

Can't be bothered to spend money for another 40 stash tabs and such and leave my PC ones sitting in the dust.
Postcount +1
"
鬼殺し wrote:
There it is. I'm stuck at this PC all alone in the study with my ridiculous metric fucktonne of mtxes.

"Sad little king of a sad little hill."

Lol I can not even fathom the amount of MTX's $10,000+ US buys...
I've lost control of the controls...
Jesus take the wheel"
RAizQT during Kammel HC race
"
iNotSure wrote:
Oh well, too bad.
Guess I won't make the switch to XBONE then.

Can't be bothered to spend money for another 40 stash tabs and such and leave my PC ones sitting in the dust.

u don't even need 40 tabs x'D
They just want you to buy stuff twice, end of story.
Last edited by CaoMengde on Feb 22, 2017, 11:52:35 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info