Plans to support PC to XBox account migration?

"
Oh hell no. This economy has perfect items and mirrored 6 tier 1 gears. Lets not bring all that stuff to Xbox and ruin their economy too. Eternals do not exist any more. Let people gamble/craft without feeling like their item will never beat the ones that already exist.

I don't give a shit about the xbox but that is a pretty solid point for the people that do care!
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
For people on the fence about which platform they're likely to spend the most time playing PoE, it's probably a good idea to hold off on supporter packs for now. At least until GGG provides an answer and/or people get a chance to play the console version to see which they prefer.

I guess the more wealthy people could buy packs for each and play both, but for most of us it will likely be one or the other.

*All MTX purchases are up in the air for all except the fully committed PC users.
Sorry for the slow reply here!

No migration is possible between PC and Xbox One realms. They're different games, so you can't bring across your characters and items.

Microtransactions can't be moved between platforms. This is not something that is allowed.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
"
鬼殺し wrote:
There it is. I'm stuck at this PC all alone in the study with my ridiculous metric fucktonne of mtxes.

"Sad little king of a sad little hill."

:(

I too, would like to transfer some MTXs. Time to start from scratch...
I need more purple titles
"
鬼殺し wrote:
I imagine why it's not that big an issue for a lot of players, but for those that have a substantial number of mtxes on PC, a one-way one-time migration of mtxes to console would be a very big deal. Other games have done it, including Smite.

There's no way GGG could expect me to make the move without some form of mtx carryover. But I get the feeling this is less about getting people to move and more about just gathering new players.

Which is fine, but it's still on the nose. If other devs can do it, why not GGG? Same answer as ever: it probably costs quite a lot to convince Microsoft that they won't be losing their cut per mtx sale by allowing players to bring their existing mtxes.

So it makes sense for GGG to create 'a new version of PoE' on console utterly disconnected from the PC one, mtxes included, but it's a kick in the teeth for veteran supporters who might have made the move. And that definitely includes me.
Oh boo hoo! GGG is not looking to please old pc players by going to xbox. They are looking for NEW players to hijack. Support them and spend another $100,000 on a freaking video game.
Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang
Of course not. Put yourself in GGG shoes. Say you ran GGG. What do you think would be more profit? If PC customers want to play xbox version they buy more MTX/tabs or get to keep all on both platforms?

Git R Dun!
Thank you for the answer, Chris.

It's probably best not to spend until seeing the game on console. (For me)

The folks with huge MTX investment might be best off staying with the PC version. That's going to be kind of crummy if the console version plays better/is more fun, etc.
I've sat on the couch with a comfy recliner and a small table and DVI cable to the big plasma. It was a few years back and it was a bit of a pain hauling the computer out of my office, but it was really good!

Something to consider instead of the x-box port :)

I agree that most of the long term players with large accounts will likely stick with the PC.

Think of you & your GF side by side on the sofa with PoE. Hmmm?
Sure it's a bummer, but I think you all know why this can't happen.

Perhaps after the release people will get clever and find a way to map the game to a controller. I know it exists already, but I think there may be some changes and some things to learn from how GGG implements it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info