WILL NO LONGER DONATE/SUPPORT GGG

CW on Reddit.
"This has been in progress in at least planning form since 2014, so if you're happy with Forsaken Masters, The Awakening, Ascendancy and Atlas of Worlds then I suspect you'll be happy with our future expansions also. Those expansions were also developed with a console version in mind. There's no difference to how we're developing them."

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I have been scammed.

Since 2014 I have supported development of this game so it can work with consoles.

Had I had even the slightest inclination that this was the case I would have stopped support immediately.

Could this be malicious scamming of supporters in the legal sense?

It feels like it to me. I cant believe im the only person who feels like this.
"
plodd wrote:

lel
"
plodd wrote:
CW on Reddit.
"This has been in progress in at least planning form since 2014, so if you're happy with Forsaken Masters, The Awakening, Ascendancy and Atlas of Worlds then I suspect you'll be happy with our future expansions also. Those expansions were also developed with a console version in mind. There's no difference to how we're developing them."

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I have been scammed.

Since 2014 I have supported development of this game so it can work with consoles.

Had I had even the slightest inclination that this was the case I would have stopped support immediately.

It feels like it to me. I cant believe im the only person who feels like this.

Calm your tits bro, shareholder you are not. You (and I) have literally no say in where they take this game.
https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/988f3369-4b68-4eb9-bc0e-edfce4c3c950
"
frenzul wrote:
"
plodd wrote:

lel

ikrkekzomgwtflolbbq
"
Moridin79 wrote:
"
frenzul wrote:
"
plodd wrote:

lel

ikrkekzomgwtflolbbq

but i bought glittery wings and muddy footprints and they spent the money on expanding their business! raaaaawrs
"
frenzul wrote:

but i bought glittery wings and muddy footprints and they spent the money on expanding their business! raaaaawrs

LUL

I remember the many class-action lawsuits that the D3 forum used to threaten Blizzard with. Deja-vu.
"
Moridin79 wrote:
"
frenzul wrote:

LUL

I remember the many class-action lawsuits that the D3 forum used to threaten Blizzard with. Deja-vu.

Yea but you miss the point.

I would have stopped supporting 2 years ago, had I known that development decisions where being made with console in mind, or that even 1 cent of my support was being used for console development.

Why would I support something that has absolutely nothing to do with me and that I don't agree with.

I would be equally annoyed had they spent supporter money to start up a fruit and veg market in New Zealand. for example.

Also remember they are called supporter packs, not glittery wing packs, which by name alone indicates and is meant to indicate you are supporting poe. As I play poe on pc and at that time there was no talk of consoles, it was fair to assume I was supporting poe for pc.

However this is clearly not the case, as GGG, taking receipt of the money under false pretences, was well aware of.
"
plodd wrote:
"
Moridin79 wrote:
"
frenzul wrote:

LUL

Yea but you miss the point.

I would have stopped supporting 2 years ago, had I known that development decisions where being made with console in mind, or that even 1 cent of my support was being used for console development.

Why would I support something that has absolutely nothing to do with me and that I don't agree with.

I would be equally annoyed had they spent supporter money to start up a fruit and veg market in New Zealand. for example.

Also remember they are called supporter packs, not glittery wing packs, which by name alone indicates and is meant to indicate you are supporting poe. As I play poe on pc and at that time there was no talk of consoles, it was fair to assume I was supporting poe for pc.

However this is clearly not the case, as GGG, taking receipt of the money under false pretences, was well aware of.

Show me where PC support from your "supporter pack" has stopped. Oh right, you can't because it hasn't. Shut the fuck up already.
ITT: People who think buying a supporter pack is buying shares in GGG.

GGG believes this will make PoE a better game for all of us, and I hope they're right. We'll have to wait and see. If you honestly think GGG doesn't deserve the cash you've given them, then I will have to respectfully disagree. This studio thus far has done a fantastic job both in content and involving the community.

With that said I sort of get the lack of transparency on console development. Despite GGG feeling it's the best decision, sometimes it's hard to convince the toddler that is the PoE community to eat its vegetables. I trust GGG has the market research to back their decision.

I have faith in you GGG. You have more of my respect than any other studio. Don't let the vitriol discourage you. Please keep doing what you do.

Remember... "Wealth unspent is wealth wasted."
"
robx0r wrote:
ITT: People who think buying a supporter pack is buying shares in GGG.

GGG believes this will make PoE a better game for all of us, and I hope they're right. We'll have to wait and see. If you honestly think GGG doesn't deserve the cash you've given them, then I will have to respectfully disagree. This studio thus far has done a fantastic job both in content and involving the community.

With that said I sort of get the lack of transparency on console development. Despite GGG feeling it's the best decision, sometimes it's hard to convince the toddler that is the PoE community to eat its vegetables. I trust GGG has the market research to back their decision.

I have faith in you GGG. You have more of my respect than any other studio. Don't let the vitriol discourage you. Please keep doing what you do.

Remember... "Wealth unspent is wealth wasted."

I'm not sure who thinks they are getting shares in GGG.

I am also not saying it wont work out for the best in the long run.

What I am saying is that information was not forwarded to the community, on purpose, to keep the financial support of some people, myself included, flowing where it may/would otherwise have stopped.

Whatever way you look at it, that is a scam.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info