[3.6] Carcass.filter - discontinued.

Carcass.filter - A loot filter designed for a simpler, faster and more efficient Path of Exile endgame.

Direct Link (Right click and Save as)

Sound Pack Direct Link

Sound Pack Demonstration video
The MP3 files need to be unzipped in the same folder as the filter file unless you edit the filter to use full paths instead of relative paths.

For installation instructions, please refer to http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Item_filter.

Goals:

1. Minimize time spent picking up, sorting and pricing loot.
2. Be easy for humans to read and edit quickly.
3. Minimize screen clutter from lootsplosions and make it easier to click loot while moving.
4. For the most part, show stuff that is always valuable, for consistent currency grinding.
5. Synergize with an atlas optimized for running shaped maps all day with a fast clearing character.

DISCLAIMER: This filter is not designed to work well out of the box, and it is not good for leveling new characters. I strongly recommend making some manual adjustments to which map tiers and currencies you want shown based on what content you're doing, and how fast you're going

Example screenshot from Abyss League(right click and open image in new tab for less potato quality):

If anyone finds bugs or issues with the filter, please let me know either in this thread or on github. I welcome suggestions and input, but ultimately I'm going to tailor it to suit my own personal needs.

I don't enjoy the current state of the core game with Betrayal being unskippable and sulphite being too rare. In addition, GGG keep adding extremely tedious and slow mechanics like Synthesis and Unveiling. Things that need to change in order to make PoE fun again:

* Make map sustain completely independent of league mechanics. Have maps drop exclusively from maps, and balance them around that.
* Make all league mechanics optional, and targetable so that the players can choose which mechanics they want to farm, and which mechanics they NEVER want to encounter.
* Remove or streamline overengineered and tedious systems like Unveiling and Synthesis.
Last edited by carkasjak on Mar 12, 2021, 2:03:48 PM
Last bumped on Mar 25, 2019, 8:04:41 PM
Thank you for the filter; gonna give it a go for a bit.

I like the Carcass Jack in your screenshot :)
"
Rysidion wrote:
Thank you for the filter; gonna give it a go for a bit.

I like the Carcass Jack in your screenshot :)

;)

Let me know how you like it. I've been very happy with it myself these past few days. Having less loot on the ground really helped speed up my map runs.
I've edited NeverSinks filter quite a lot this league, and I'm most likely going to switch to this filter next major patch rather than keeping up with NeverSinks updates.

I've looked thru the entire script and it has ALL the functionality I need but without the stuff I will never, ever use anyway (RGB, Chisel recipe, etc). Porting my edits over from version to version will be a lot simpler with this filter than with NeverSinks, as well as making edits on the fly will take less time to do; NeverSinks had too many layers for my taste (the ilvl stuff, tiering, etc), to the point where editing it and figuring out where to toggle certain things was confusing.

This seems like the perfect filter for people that want to edit their filter, as well as have a 100% understanding of what it's doing. Kudos

Edit: I might fork it later and maintain a Unique tier list (I'll add an "orange" NeverSink-like thing for bases worth checking the tooltip/icon for, so you don't miss potentially good uniques whilst being brain afk gotta go fast mode). Poe.ninja makes this easy, but ultimately it depends on how much I'll play the game.
Last edited by M4RED on Jan 24, 2017, 6:06:27 AM
bump for a nice filter for speed clearers
Possible to get a neversink vs your loot filter comparison in some T14+ map?
"
Moksu wrote:
Possible to get a neversink vs your loot filter comparison in some T14+ map?

My first post has all the information you need, including a list of what is shown.

The biggest difference between my filter and NeverSink Uber-Strict is that I hide almost all rares. Aside from that there are some minor differences, but I don't really feel like compiling a list at this time.

EDIT: NeverSink just updated his filter with an even stricter Uber-Strict, but it still shows a few items that I don't consider worthwhile, and my filter is still more strict.
Last edited by carkasjak on Feb 10, 2017, 3:47:19 PM
Bump.

I've used a fresh account with zero Breach League progress and no money spent on stash tabs in order to fine tune my filter and also to see for myself how much I would consider PoE to be "pay2win". I did not transfer any currency or items from my main account and geared the character from scratch without any handouts or lucky drops.

It has been a great success so far:
Profile URL
Screenshot 1: Playtime
Screenshot 2: Shape of the Atlas
Screenshot 3: Sustainable Map Pool

My conclusions:
I reached level 95 today, and would probably continue to 100 if not for the fact that I am running out of stash tab space for maps and currency. At this point it does feel like a MAJOR inconvenience to be missing the currency tab and some premium tabs. Acquisition is alright, but it feels pretty bad to have to rely on a third party program to sell stuff in a game. It's also a bit slower to update than premium tabs are. Therefore I must conclude that Path of Exile is at least a little bit pay to win, since I could be grinding maps a lot faster if I didn't have to do all this tedious micromanagement to free up space. However, it is certainly possible, and even easy to do all the content in the game without paying a dime.

My filter performed really well under these conditions. I started using it as soon as I got to Merciless Dried lake, but with a few temporary adjustments to show all map tiers in the early stages. I optimized my atlas for running primarily Shaped Mesas, Strands, Mud Geysers and Shores.
There's still room for improving the character's gear (Mainly a Dying Sun flask and Essence of Insanity gloves with good ES) but it is already an extremely capable currency farmer.
Bumping the thread for version 1.7 and letting people know that Breach Rings are now hidden by default. It's easy to toggle this manually by changing "Hide" to "Show" in the relevant block.

On a somewhat related note, my f2p Cospri's Discharge adventure is going well. I'm now Level 97 and all potential gear upgrades from this point onwards will probably be in the double digit exalts range.

I sometimes stream fast map clears and occasional filter tweaking at https://www.twitch.tv/diabolicswimmer
No mic since I live in a shitty apartment complex with paper thin walls. There's a ton of noise from my neighbors and they would hear me as well, so I wouldn't be comfortable talking on stream. I'll try to answer questions in chat between maps though.

EDIT: Level 98 now
I don't feel the need to upgrade my gear any more. Currently sitting at 31 pure exalts in stash, and have a few high value items up for sale as well. We'll see if I can get to 100 in the 9 days remaining of the league.

EDIT2: Level 99
The one extra death was while doing Chayula directly after leveling to 98. No XP was lost. With 6 days left I am pretty confident that this will make it to 100 before the end of Breach League.
Last edited by carkasjak on Feb 20, 2017, 12:23:03 PM
Hi, Carkasjak here on the f2p account. I've completed my f2p challenge. I made it to level 100 and refined the character a bit. It is far more powerful now as an assassin, but a bit squishier, which is why I stuck with trickster for so long to avoid XP loss from deaths.

The final form was able to do corrupted Hydra and Minotaur (with easy rolls), both deathless. It pretty much oneshots most packs with the initial shield charge, and moves extremely fast.

Final gear:

I estimate that I've farmed somewhere around 150-200 exalts worth of stuff over the 23 days since the character was created, and started from absolutely nothing. All this through the power of efficient grinding.
I posted the entire contents of my remaining stash to the shop thread before I logged off for the last time: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1828328 but at this time, almost all the currency is invested into the gear being worn by the character.

I'll probably do this whole thing again for Legacy League, but this time with all the pay2win. I miss my currency tab the most. The filter will of course be updated for 2.6 and Legacy League as soon as I know the new BaseTypes and Classes to use. Until that time, the old version will work fine, and won't hide any of the new stuff, since NeverSink's safety block at the end catches anything that is no explicitly hidden.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info