[3.17] For Slayer / Champion - Ngamahu Cyclone / Consecrated Path / Tectonic Slam

"
How do you think this build compares to a forge lacerate?

Might wanna make a build like that but if its not any better i wont bother. I kinda wanna do some uber atziri and shaper farms. This is a phenominal build Kira and thank you again for all your support. But i might wanna do some farming of the end game bosses.

I have not played Forge Lacerate so I am not able to provide any feedback. If farming end game boss is what you want to do, Raider CI HOWA will be very good for that.

"
luciferus wrote:
one more question here for guys. why not taking Iron reflexes in this build? till we wear eva on helm and carcass jack?

I don't feel there is a need for Iron reflexes. 3000 armour is the breakpoint for the build and having some evasion is still good. :)

"
krustyle wrote:
Using The Taming and Emberwake in my build. When using those rings I would want to swap ele focus out of my cyclone in order to have a chance to proc ignite right?

Build link here... https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/krustyle/characters - TimmyTheGasBlaster

Molten Burst can ignite too but to optimize the ignite stack, it is best to swap out elemental focus from your Cyclone links.

"
riddim wrote:
Wasap,

Right now im using firestorm spell caster marauder with 9.5k HP for uberlab, but it feels very slow per run. Since I've saved arround 3exalted + 200/300chaos I want to try this build, but i've a few questions.

Since 6L carcass or other 6L is to expensive i would like to save all my money to buy the xoph amulet.
With 5L is still posible to do it, since the most damage cames from the axe?

You've a few passive trees in the build? whats the recommened for carcass (can be tanky no problem)

I always do bow or spellcaster builds, not so much exp on meele. what setup you recommend till i get cyclone (skill/gear) i have tabula.

best regards,
Riddim

You don't need 6L in order to farm Uber lab. You can certainly go for Xoph's Blood first before getting that 6L. :)

I would recommend you to pick *** Skill Tree - More Ignite (15% chance to ignite) Damage Over Time Version (Squishier: 199% life + 44% armour) ***

To level up, you can use Molten Strike at level 1. Switch to Earthquake + Ancestral Warchief at level 28. Have Cyclone in your alternate weapon to level it at the same time. You can then swap Cylone in at level 55 when you can use Ngamahu's Flame.

"
krustyle wrote:
Using The Taming and Emberwake in my build. When using those rings I would want to swap ele focus out of my cyclone in order to have a chance to proc ignite right?

Build link here... https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/krustyle/characters - TimmyTheGasBlaster

Molten Burst can ignite too but to optimize the ignite stack, it is best to swap out elemental focus from your Cyclone links.

Thank you! That's what I was thinking. Also, best build I've tried in a few leagues, having fun pushing end game content with it.
"
kira1414 wrote:

The DPS drop switching from tank to EO build is normal. You lose some physical damage nodes so the tooltip DPS will drop. The 40% more damage from Elemental Overload will only take effect when it proc in fight. EO will provide more damage because it is a "more" modifier, whereas the physical damage nodes that you traded away is "increased" modifier.

Whats your chance to hit and crit chance for Cyclone?

Looking at your skill tree, I see that you have not fully branched into Primeval Force. I would suggest you to complete this cluster. You are missing good amount of damage from there.

Also, get Wise Oak flask. That will further boost your damage. :)

Chance to hit is 86%
crit for cyclone - 19.11%

With 2 flask, with golem and herald of ash, with elemental overload and primeval force I have 134 k dmg during the fight. But it much harder to get it in compare to regular version of the build. But i have only 5.5k hp. I think Im going to return to my previous gear and sold out new items.. it's much easier to play with regular version. Just 92k dmg and 132k in fight just only with flasks and 6700k hp. I really don't see a sense in acuity version....
Ok i've all core gear... but now I noticed that you use Enlighten lvl 4.... and that is going to be impossible right now, what can I do to work arround? maybe just use 1 curse/aura? should be fine?
Any recommendations on what to upgrade next? Also, my Lightning Golem dies constantly. Would it be better to replace him with vengeance or maybe self-cast immortal call? I have the wise oak flask, but I only use it for really hard fights...quicksilver is too good to replace. :D

1 more thing! I have 2300 armour unbuffed...how do you have 3000 unbuffed? Would another 700 armour make that much of a difference?

Since I haven't played melee for like 4 years, I'm not really sure if I should be worried about other things than elemental reflect map mods? Is it the only bad map mod / other deadly thing? Can ele reflect rare mobs be deadly, or only the ele reflect map mod? This build is so fast that I'm pretty sure I will insta-die to some very stupid thing :P

I remember last time I played melee, there were shrines which gave physical reflect to nearby mobs, I remember it too well (rip) :D Those shrines seem to not be in-game anymore?

Been leveling today, up to 55 it was a bit slow, but oh boy it's been literally steamrolling after that. Can't wait to get into the maps tomorrow!

Last edited by Steamr0ller on Mar 28, 2017, 5:26:39 PM
"
kira1414 wrote:

This build can't do map that has the "Elemental Reflect" mod on it. The reason is because of 2 particular mob type that can 1 shot you even with ruby flask:

Type 1: Totem that makes allies invulnerable
Tpye 2: Rare mob that makes allies invulnerable

When you run into any of the above, you will not be able to leech your life back so you will 1 shot yourself.

However, ruby flask will be able to handle single rare elemental reflect mob in non-elemental reflect map.

You can also consider using Sibyl's Lament ring (as suggested by @Hojirozame) but I do not know if it can handle the mob type mentioned above.

For elemental reflect maps, what I do is I remove focus elemental support gem and if I need more I remove weapon elemental damage gem for faster attack speed support gem if possible. I dont use Herald of ashe, and I toss in Sibyl's Lament ring along with The Wise Oak(assuming you have your resist properly done). From there I just gauge my HP, kite if I have to and let my golem and Warchief actually pull their weight.
Last edited by Hitoseijuro on Mar 28, 2017, 6:06:51 PM
"
Hitoseijuro wrote:
"
kira1414 wrote:

This build can't do map that has the "Elemental Reflect" mod on it. The reason is because of 2 particular mob type that can 1 shot you even with ruby flask:

When you run into any of the above, you will not be able to leech your life back so you will 1 shot yourself.

However, ruby flask will be able to handle single rare elemental reflect mob in non-elemental reflect map.

You can also consider using Sibyl's Lament ring (as suggested by @Hojirozame) but I do not know if it can handle the mob type mentioned above.

For elemental reflect maps, what I do is I remove focus elemental support gem and if I need more I remove weapon elemental damage gem for faster attack speed support gem if possible. I dont use Herald of ashe, and I toss in Sibyl's Lament ring along with The Wise Oak(assuming you have your resist properly done). From there I just gauge my HP, kite if I have to and let my golem and Warchief actually pull their weight.

Yup for a full reflect map Sibyl's lament, ruby flask, and for extra insurance i'll even drop HoA for purity of fire.
twitch.tv/VtuberLunartuna
"
old_nihilist wrote:

Chance to hit is 86%
crit for cyclone - 19.11%

With 2 flask, with golem and herald of ash, with elemental overload and primeval force I have 134 k dmg during the fight. But it much harder to get it in compare to regular version of the build. But i have only 5.5k hp. I think Im going to return to my previous gear and sold out new items.. it's much easier to play with regular version. Just 92k dmg and 132k in fight just only with flasks and 6700k hp. I really don't see a sense in acuity version....

Molten Burst is where the damage is coming from. You should see the damage jumps to 13.5K region when EO is in effect (without flask). With flask it will jump into 14.5K.

But yes, going EO sacrifice too much toughness. My standard guy took a 700 life hit (from 6700 to 6000) switching over to EO.

"
riddim wrote:
Ok i've all core gear... but now I noticed that you use Enlighten lvl 4.... and that is going to be impossible right now, what can I do to work arround? maybe just use 1 curse/aura? should be fine?

The default setup is running using 1 curse (Flammability) and 1 aura (Herald of Ash) so it is fine to run with just that. For dual curse, Enlighten 4 is needed to map comfortably.

"
atheyd wrote:
Any recommendations on what to upgrade next? Also, my Lightning Golem dies constantly. Would it be better to replace him with vengeance or maybe self-cast immortal call? I have the wise oak flask, but I only use it for really hard fights...quicksilver is too good to replace. :D

1 more thing! I have 2300 armour unbuffed...how do you have 3000 unbuffed? Would another 700 armour make that much of a difference?

Spoiler

Yes. The golem is a pain to keep him up but he serve as a great diversion. You will need a 20/20 golem for it to last longer in map.

You can get the armour from 3 pieces of gear: Belt, gloves and boots. Each of these pieces can roll up to 600 armour rating (belt will have to be of type: vanguard).

I find 3000 armour to be a good breakpoint for handling incoming physical damage. If you feel you are doing fine with what you have, then you can certainly stay with it. :)

"
Steamr0ller wrote:
Since I haven't played melee for like 4 years, I'm not really sure if I should be worried about other things than elemental reflect map mods? Is it the only bad map mod / other deadly thing? Can ele reflect rare mobs be deadly, or only the ele reflect map mod? This build is so fast that I'm pretty sure I will insta-die to some very stupid thing :P

I remember last time I played melee, there were shrines which gave physical reflect to nearby mobs, I remember it too well (rip) :D Those shrines seem to not be in-game anymore?

Been leveling today, up to 55 it was a bit slow, but oh boy it's been literally steamrolling after that. Can't wait to get into the maps tomorrow!

This build can handle single mob with elemental reflect using Ruby flask (+ Primeval Force) without issues but I would definitely avoid map with elemental reflect mod rolled on it.

"
Lunartuna wrote:
"
Hitoseijuro wrote:
"
kira1414 wrote:

Yup for a full reflect map Sibyl's lament, ruby flask, and for extra insurance i'll even drop HoA for purity of fire.

Personally, I just re-roll a map if it has reflect mod on it. I don't feel that is worth the hassle but that is just me. ;)
I just swapped from earthquake slayer to this build, enjoying it quite a bit. Can anyone help me with some sort of progression to upgrade my gear new player so i'm lost as hell. :)

Damage is pretty good, tankiness not so much.
Last edited by Itscrypt on Mar 28, 2017, 9:01:19 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info