[3.17] For Slayer / Champion - Ngamahu Cyclone / Consecrated Path / Tectonic Slam

what about ele reflect maps, how can i do them? do i need something?
"

you can't
"
Rato86 wrote:

Skill trees are updated to 3.7 but gems have to wait till day 2.

Impale will not work with this build because you will only do fire damage. Impale is meant for physical damage builds.

So just July 02 u will update gems? Or second day of league (and its already updated *-*)!?

Ty again for answer!

Yep. Impale does not work with the build cos it only works for physical damage.

And yes. The gems are now updated. :)

"
holymnemonic wrote:
Hey there,

Loving the build thus far. Thanks for the updates to the Gems.

One question about the new gem setup though, is why you recommend Culling Strike linked with Ancestral Warchief/Protector + Leap Slam + Faster Attacks since we already have Bane of Legends from Ascendancy.. Is it just for the faster cast time for Leap Slam? Feel like I'm missing something.

Cheers!

Culling Strike is useful if you drop Bane of Legends and go for Impact. If you picked Bane of Legends, you can replace Culling Strike with Faster Attack.

Should have added that into the guide to avoid confusion. Will do that. :)

"
szczerbatek1 wrote:
I see that you've updated The gems, awesome! Btw, since I'm doing crit build, wouldn't Pulverise with Rage be better than with Close Combat and Combustion? We have Combustion already in Ngamahu. Also, why using Culling Strike with Leap Slam when we do have 20% cull in the ascendancy. Also in my opinion Fortify should be used in Leap Slam instead of cyclone. I'm sorry if I Sound rude, but I just want to know your thinking. Cheers :)

No worries. :)

See answer for Culling Strike in the reply above.

Pulverise is an option but I don't like the slow spinning speed. Rage is listed in second gem setup for Cyclone.

As for Close Combat, it gives the most damage for bossing where as Combustion can easily swap with Concentrated for more boss damage.

Linking Fortify to Cyclone is mainly for QOL and it will be easier for new players coming to the game. If you are used to linking Fortify with Leap Slam, you can certainly do so and swap that with another red gem.

"

You will re-roll reflect maps. This build can't handle ele reflect.
Last edited by kira1414 on Jun 10, 2019, 2:26:34 PM
Hey man what an absolutely amazing guide you have here. I wanted your opinion on something that I've been doing slightly different.

I'm currently running flesh and stone, flammability, and herald of ash. I have not been using blood and sand, and I am curious why you prioritized that over flesh and stones huge defensive bonus provided by blinding. I know you mentioned replacing flammability for flesh and stone. tldr... is blood and sand.. in your opinion, that important?

Again no criticism, just curious on your thoughts, and again thank you for the effort you've put into making a really well written guide.

Also, thinking in it I think Ill try running all four for next little bit and see how that turns out. With the -8 mana ring and blood magic on leap slap, my totems cost 3 mana and blood rage is only 8, and I have a whopping 32 mana left in reservation! Ill let ya know how it goes.
Last edited by Joomin on Jun 10, 2019, 5:41:29 PM
Devoto's helm is quite expensive this league. Are there any temporary alternatives we can use?
What about Vaal Pact now after they removed the 100% increased recovery?
You didn't take it in ur PoB.
"
MistaFuu wrote:
Devoto's helm is quite expensive this league. Are there any temporary alternatives we can use?

Starkonja's Head. As a aside if it is no longer being taken in the tree that if you do get a Starkonja's I would recommend taking Iron Reflexes in the passive tree. When I used this build awhile ago the build used to take that and I would say it's worth since with a Starkonja's and Bronne's we have a lot of Evasion.
"
Hejti wrote:
What about Vaal Pact now after they removed the 100% increased recovery?
You didn't take it in ur PoB.

Vaal Pact is optional. I don't feel there is a need for that if you picked Brutal Fervour but you can always tweak the skill tree to suit your playstyle. :)
Thank you for your update, been waiting on it for a few days. I got a question regarding your gem setup.

On the Ngamahus Flame you are suggesting to put Combustion support, but then on the Cyclone 6L setup you are also suggesting to put Combustion support there, would that be redundant? If I were to replace the Combustion support on the Cyclone, what other support gems would you recommend? I am thinking Concentrate, AoE support, Elemental Focus or Physical Damage support.
Also Infused Channeling Support doesnt work right now and is bugged confirmed here https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2518002/page/1#p22026377 (that is the infusion part +% dmg and reduced % dmg taken)
Reach out and touch hate.
Last edited by Hastur667 on Jun 11, 2019, 7:17:51 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info