[3.17] For Slayer / Champion - Ngamahu Cyclone / Consecrated Path / Tectonic Slam

I was thinking if I use weapon/cyclone in ignite gem set or without elemental focus, use aof in passive tree and wear yoke of suffering: Will my fire damage shock enemies for more damage?
Can Champion be used over Slayer if you just follow the non-EO stuff? It seems EO might be too expensive to gear for as a starter
So I'm currently playing this build with Consecrated path and while I'm really enjoying it I'm also running into damage issues in maps. I'm not really sure how to scale the damage with this build.

Any recommendations and/or direction would be great. I know I need a 6-link. I'm trying to 6-link a Bronn's Lithe but haven't had any luck yet.
I just can't make up my mind between Belly of the Beast or Carcass Jack. Carcass just seems so good, but gives less life compared to Belly as well as not having armor and being annoying to get good sockets
On the other hand switching from Bronn's to Belly makes me lose like 20% DPS cyclone DPS
sorry for asking all that small questions , i hope its okay :)

- when i stop using cyclone for a half second to use my enduring cry , the life leech will continue at the same rate right?
So there is no defensive downside of using the cry?

it is possible to automate the enduring cry beside the expensive jewel? maybe add a low level enduring cry to the cwdt 1 ,IC 3 and duration links?

- you suggest a bleed heal potion for uber lab, but as a slayer i am generaly bleed immune or is the trap bleed different?

- avatar of fire and taste of hate potion:
so is the physical converted to cold and afterwards converted to fire ( due to avatar )?

- is warriors blood a bad ideea? Even after picking sancetity ( 1% life reg ) im still droping a bit when using blood rage.

- i bought a abys jewel with life , fire damage to attacks and 13% increased Damage over Time while wielding a Two Handed Weapon.
U wrote damage over time is only good when using the ignite skill tree. what exacty does that mean? i am using combustion support in my axe.
Last edited by Enterich on Dec 13, 2018, 7:33:55 PM
"
- you suggest a bleed heal potion for uber lab, but as a slayer i am generaly bleed immune or is the trap bleed different?

When there are alot of traps that bleed there is often nothing to leech on. You either go thru more or less carefully or faceroll with the suggested potion.
"
Hartsa wrote:
I was thinking if I use weapon/cyclone in ignite gem set or without elemental focus, use aof in passive tree and wear yoke of suffering: Will my fire damage shock enemies for more damage?

Xoph's Blood will still give more damage because of "cover in ash" and fire penetration.

"
Crusader226 wrote:
Can Champion be used over Slayer if you just follow the non-EO stuff? It seems EO might be too expensive to gear for as a starter

You can check out post #2 in the thread for Champion skill tree. You do not need accuracy on gears because Champion has 100% chance to hit.

"
Tharoixs wrote:
So I'm currently playing this build with Consecrated path and while I'm really enjoying it I'm also running into damage issues in maps. I'm not really sure how to scale the damage with this build.

Any recommendations and/or direction would be great. I know I need a 6-link. I'm trying to 6-link a Bronn's Lithe but haven't had any luck yet.

The cheapest way to gain damage now is to complete uber lab and get all ascendancy points. :)

Tombfist and focusing on attack speed will also further improve your damage.

"
I just can't make up my mind between Belly of the Beast or Carcass Jack. Carcass just seems so good, but gives less life compared to Belly as well as not having armor and being annoying to get good sockets
On the other hand switching from Bronn's to Belly makes me lose like 20% DPS cyclone DPS

Go for Carcass Jack if you have to pick between the 2.

"
Enterich wrote:
sorry for asking all that small questions , i hope its okay :)

- when i stop using cyclone for a half second to use my enduring cry , the life leech will continue at the same rate right?
So there is no defensive downside of using the cry?

it is possible to automate the enduring cry beside the expensive jewel? maybe add a low level enduring cry to the cwdt 1 ,IC 3 and duration links?

- avatar of fire and taste of hate potion:
so is the physical converted to cold and afterwards converted to fire ( due to avatar )?

- is warriors blood a bad ideea? Even after picking sancetity ( 1% life reg ) im still droping a bit when using blood rage.

- i bought a abys jewel with life , fire damage to attacks and 13% increased Damage over Time while wielding a Two Handed Weapon.
U wrote damage over time is only good when using the ignite skill tree. what exacty does that mean? i am using combustion support in my axe.

Ans 1: Yes. The overleech will ensure you are still healing when you self cast enduring cry.

Endurance Charge on Melee Stun gem will help to automate in gaining the charges.

Ans 2: As mentioned by @Hartsa, the bleed can be a chore when overleech wears off. I find having anti-bleed flask to be much smoother in clearing uber lab.

Ans 3: That is correct. 50% of the cold gets converted to fire.

Ans 4: Yes that is fine. You can tweak the skill tree to fit your play style. :)

Ans 5: Only Molten Burst will benefit from the DOT portion of the jewel. To benefit fully from your jewel, you can switch Elemental Focus to Combustion in Cyclone too.
thank you very much for your detailed answer!

i checked some profiles from this thread some are using bronn/belly with 5L, a good tip for gearing up 6l body armors:

Sometimes its better to buy a corrupted 6L with 1000 armor and 75+ life / some resis instead of a 5L belly.

I checked poe trade yesterday and found several ones for 25-40 chaos,6L- 3R 2B 1G 70-80 life high armor and some resistances on it. corrupted for sure.
Last edited by Enterich on Dec 14, 2018, 6:35:43 AM
Thanks bro this guilde helps me a lot with the first char in the game
So I'm kind of confused for taking Retribution, is it just for the AS and damage increase? We don't use minions for anything right?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info