[3.17] For Slayer / Champion - Ngamahu Cyclone / Consecrated Path / Tectonic Slam

So does the Onslaught Corrupt on a Ngamahu's Flame trigger from the Molten Bursts?

I recently got this from a altar of corruption and was wondering what would work best in the sockets 4R 2G. I dont have vorici 7 yet but optimal setup would be welcommed too.

BTW this guide was incredibly helpful thank you!
"
phobia90s wrote:
"
Klintisztvud wrote:
For general map clearing, like Shaped red maps, and incursions still bronn's lithe, or carcass jack is better there?

Bronn's Lithe is still the best for pure damage. It gives like 80k+ dps in PoB for me, however, only if you get the g - b - b - r - r - r off colors which can be a real pain in the ass. As OP stated in a previous post, the best gem setup damage-wise is Cyclone - Ele Focus - Conc Effect/Aoe - Ele Damage w/ Attacks - Melee Phys - Added Fire. It is really hard to achieve this on a Bronn's, especially early league when you're starving for currency. The 2nd most damage output you can reach is either Added Fire or Melee Phys replaced with Combustion. This color combination is easier to achieve, however this setup kinda negates the point of getting Bronn's, as getting as much damage as possible. With this combination, I only got 50k more effective dps in PoB, and this is the point when Carcass comes into play, as you can reach almost the same amount of damage with the most powerful gem setup (+Carcass) as with Bronn's combined with the 2nd most powerful gem setup (Combustion instead of Added Fire). Additionally, if you go Carcass you get life, resist, and more AoE. Personally, I'm gonna go with it as it seems to be the more well-rounded option out of the two.

tl;dr: If you have money go for Bronn's, but only with the g - b - b - r - r - r colour combo. Otherwise, go for Carcass as it gives damage, AoE, life, resist, and you don't have to spend currency on getting 5-off colours which can be a huge sink early league.

Or you can go Loreweave, get less Cyclone damage compared to Bronn, but actually get sizeable increase in Nghamahu damage, get those sweet 80 max ress without relying on flask uptime and be unaffected by mapmods and the corruption room in temple, get some stats for the required int cap and have easier time coloring RRRBBG than both.

only real downside is the need for extra resistance and not being able to get more maxres, but where would you want to stack more res, other than uber elder?
guys i got a 5L carass jack with RRRBG

should i go with melee phys elemental damage fortify elemental focus and cyclone? or should i swap fortify with added fire damage?
Explain where you have so much intelligence (125)? I started to play on your build and I have a maximum of (40), and you do not have anywhere on the items
"
Neuro_TX wrote:
So does the Onslaught Corrupt on a Ngamahu's Flame trigger from the Molten Bursts?

I have a feeling that Onslaught will not get proc from Molten Burst but someone will have to test it out.

"
ripstym wrote:
Spoiler

I recently got this from a altar of corruption and was wondering what would work best in the sockets 4R 2G. I dont have vorici 7 yet but optimal setup would be welcommed too.

BTW this guide was incredibly helpful thank you!

The corruption on the axe is not helpful for the build because Molten Burst is proc by Cyclone and it does not consume any mana. Thus, the mana reduction is not useful.

Furthermore, the build is 100% fire so you will not be able to deal any bleed damage.

Lastly, the colors are not 2R2B2G which means Molten Burst will lose significant damage on it.

I would recommend you to get a new axe with the right colors and try your luck with the corruption again. :)

"
sparkosmodius wrote:
guys i got a 5L carass jack with RRRBG

should i go with melee phys elemental damage fortify elemental focus and cyclone? or should i swap fortify with added fire damage?

Go for the following gems setup:
"
Cyclone + Elemental Focus + Fortify + Elemental Damage with Attacks + Melee Physical

If you replace Fortify with Added Fire, you will want to link Fortify to Leap Slam.

"
Strikerkey wrote:
Explain where you have so much intelligence (125)? I started to play on your build and I have a maximum of (40), and you do not have anywhere on the items

125 int requirement is for Enfeeble level 13.

Concentrated gem will need 111 int for level 20, and 114 int for level 21.

You can stop leveling Enfeeble when it reach level 10 as it requires only 113 int.

The skill tree at level 90 provides 54 int to your character. For the missing int, you will need 71 int (Enfeeble level 13) from rings or jewels to compensate.

If you go for Enfeeble level 10, you will need to obtain 50 int from rings or jewels.

Consider taking up Ancestral Knowledge (+30 int near to make it easier to gear for the int.

You can check this skill tree out: http://poeurl.com/bX6m
I'm back (in case anyone cares ;) )

It appears that Combustion hasn't been fully implemented into PoB yet, so I have asked for that in its thread.

In the meantime we should operate with what's already been said. Also, I just thought that we might need to prevent Ignites from skills that are not supported by Combustion.
edit: probably not an issue
In this scenario, the "downside" of Ele Focus becomes a benefit because it will prevent Cyclone from overwriting an existing Ignite, which would remove the resist debuff unless Cyclone was also supported by Combustion.

Kira, FWIW I agree with that feeling about the Onslaught corruption. The wording says "socketed gems are supported by.." and Molten Burst is technically not a socketed gem.
Last edited by Solmyr77 on Jun 14, 2018, 5:36:42 AM
For Slayer without Xoph's Blood since we are already at Avatar of Fire on the passive tree would it worthwhile grabbing any of the Holy Fire or Burning Damage nodes?
"
Solmyr77 wrote:
I'm back (in case anyone cares ;) )

It appears that Combustion hasn't been fully implemented into PoB yet, so I have asked for that in its thread.

In the meantime we should operate with what's already been said. Also, I just thought that we might need to prevent Ignites from skills that are not supported by Combustion. In this scenario, the "downside" of Ele Focus becomes a benefit because it will prevent Cyclone from overwriting an existing Ignite, which would remove the resist debuff unless Cyclone was also supported by Combustion.

Kira, FWIW I agree with that feeling about the Onslaught corruption. The wording says "socketed gems are supported by.." and Molten Burst is technically not a socketed gem.

Ignite does not stack but instead the highest damage will be running through it's course before the next ignite takes over. So having Combustion on Cyclone will not have any impact on ignite from the axe.

Hopefully POB gets updated on Combustion calculation so we can have a more conclusive decision if Combustion is better than Elemental Focus.

"
Basett wrote:
For Slayer without Xoph's Blood since we are already at Avatar of Fire on the passive tree would it worthwhile grabbing any of the Holy Fire or Burning Damage nodes?

The points will be better spent on physical damage % or life % nodes. :)
"
kira1414 wrote:

Ignite does not stack but instead the highest damage will be running through it's course before the next ignite takes over. So having Combustion on Cyclone will not have any impact on ignite from the axe.

Hopefully POB gets updated on Combustion calculation so we can have a more conclusive decision if Combustion is better than Elemental Focus.

Yes, but that was not what I meant.

My idea was that we could have a source of Ignite that isn't supported by Combustion (like Cyclone without either Combustion or Ele Focus and no Resolute Technique to allow for crits) which could cancel out the "better" Ignite from the Axe with the resist-modifying benefit.

However I checked the wiki again and it appears that multiple Ignites can co-exist. The restriction is that only one can deal damage at a time. So we could have Ignite A deal damage while Ignite B doesn't but provides the -19% fire resist from Combustion.

So I think, running Combustion in the Axe is very probably optimal and running a second Combustion in Cyclone would probably be stupid/redundant. Unless different Combustions could actually stack, but that's rather improbable ;)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info