[3.17] For Slayer / Champion - Ngamahu Cyclone / Consecrated Path / Tectonic Slam

Got my Xoph's blood, and i'm going to try out the cast on melee kill variant. Hope that it's actually viable for higher tier content, without the Shroud of lightless.
Last edited by nasty69 on Jan 20, 2018, 7:17:07 AM
Need help, Im gonna get Impresence Amulet but not so sure on Watcher's Eye. The thing is I will be using Belly and Windscream combo.

So For Auras it gonna go:

Hatred/Anger
Blasphemy + Flammability

But where does Enfeeble go?? Stated in the guide?? Does it go to CWDT setup?? Maybe I can use Temp Chains instead??

Any help??
"
nasty69 wrote:
Got my Xoph's blood, and i'm going to try out the cast on melee kill variant. Hope that it's actually viable for higher tier content, without the Shroud of lightless.

For end game boss fight, pure Cyclone setup will still work better.

"
invoker232 wrote:
Need help, Im gonna get Impresence Amulet but not so sure on Watcher's Eye. The thing is I will be using Belly and Windscream combo.

Hatred/Anger
Blasphemy + Flammability

But where does Enfeeble go?? Stated in the guide?? Does it go to CWDT setup?? Maybe I can use Temp Chains instead??

Any help??

Check the flowchart above this post for DPS aura setup for the build.

In 3.1, Dual curse setup is no longer as good as before.

I would recommend this setup for you:
"
Impresence (Flammability) + Watcher's Eye (Extra Fire version) + Belly of the Beast + High life roll, high resist, movement rare boots.

For leveling with Enfeeble curse, you will replace Flammability (if you are running) with Enfeeble.

Otherwise, replace Herald of Ash with Enfeeble.
"
kira1414 wrote:
"
nasty69 wrote:

For end game boss fight, pure Cyclone setup will still work better.

"
invoker232 wrote:

Hatred/Anger
Blasphemy + Flammability

Any help??

Check the flowchart above this post for DPS aura setup for the build.

In 3.1, Dual curse setup is no longer as good as before.

I would recommend this setup for you:
"
Impresence (Flammability) + Watcher's Eye (Extra Fire version) + Belly of the Beast + High life roll, high resist, movement rare boots.

For leveling with Enfeeble curse, you will replace Flammability (if you are running) with Enfeeble.

Otherwise, replace Herald of Ash with Enfeeble.

right thank you
Hi there,

First of all thanks for the build.

I'm currently following the Xoph's Blood tree with Primeval Force and noticed you don't take Vaal Pact as a Slayer. Is there a reason why you don't take that node?
What would you say would be the best order of upgrades for my build? My gloves are pretty crap but I didn't want to spend a few ex on life/high AS/ res gloves if the ex would be better spent elsewhere first. Have roughly 10-12ex to spend
Last edited by Rastamepas on Jan 20, 2018, 4:12:09 PM
"
Rastamepas wrote:
What would you say would be the best order of upgrades for my build? My gloves are pretty crap but I didn't want to spend a few ex on life/high AS/ res gloves if the ex would be better spent elsewhere first. Have roughly 10-12ex to spend

Better Ngamahu's. You're missing a boatload of dmg there. Better boots. 30% movement speed is mandatory you must be dog shit slow running thru molasses, drunk. Yikes. Too bad you wasted all that cash on Dying Sun the flask does almost nothing with this build as MB brings very little damage, so you're amplifying the wrong thing. End build, Cyclone is doing about 80-85% of the work. Your belt sucks too, get a stygian, the abyssal jewels bring a lot more to the table than 6% AOE (which won't actually increase your range as it doesn't work on percentages, but whole values so if you fall short, you won't get the unit increase anyway).

Your rings are trash too. Get opals. Don't know why you opted to get regular jewels either, 4 nicely rolled abyssal jewels would give you more life and probably about 20% more damage.

You really should learn how to use POB I'm surprised people still just toss stuff together the old fashioned way. You would have discovered that you're way over on your resistances, sacrificing lots of damage. You are overcapped on fire (47%) and lightning is at 71%. So much waste.

You don't even have 100k damage against Shaper/Guardians (81k). You must be taking 20m to clear a T13.
Deliver pain exquisite
Last edited by ultratiem on Jan 20, 2018, 4:28:10 PM
"
JayChow wrote:
Hi there,

First of all thanks for the build.

I'm currently following the Xoph's Blood tree with Primeval Force and noticed you don't take Vaal Pact as a Slayer. Is there a reason why you don't take that node?

Vaal Pact is not needed, that is why it is not picked in the skill tree. But if you feel more comfortable with it, you can definitely go for it.

"
Rastamepas wrote:

I would recommend you to spec for the 4th jewel socket and then get Watcher's Eye with Extra Fire damage. Run Anger + Herald of Ash. This will greatly improve your damage.

Check out FAQ section for flowchart for aura setup.

Besides trading for gloves, you can consider crafting for one. Or go for Tombfist gloves instead. Tombfist with murderous abyssal jewel gives you free Intimidate which further improve your damage. 2 abyssal socket Tombfist provides the most damage and survival buff as you can have 2 x 50 flat life jewels in it.

Your boots is missing movement speed so that will be a slot you can look into improving. A minimum of 20% movement speed is recommended.

For Ngamahu axe, aim for 410 pDPS with at least 10% attack speed. The higher the attack speed on the axe, the better.

Rings will be the last slots for upgrade since they provide you good resistance at this moment. You can roll a 3rd resistance on Kraken Knot ring.

Check out the flasks section, especially on the preferred rolls for magical flasks. They help greatly in ensuring better survivability.

For jewels, you will prioritize flat life (abyssal jewel) or life % (regular jewels) over damage rolls.

The Elemental damage with attack on your belt can go higher. So consider re-rolling that affix.

One more thing, get 20% quality on your gems. That will further improve your damage.

Last edited by kira1414 on Jan 21, 2018, 3:29:22 AM
"
You would have discovered that you're way over on your resistances, sacrificing lots of damage. You are overcapped on fire (47%) and lightning is at 71%. So much waste.

On this point, what's the ideal uncapped resistance then? Considering I'm going for Taste of Hate + Lion's Roar + Dying Sun, so no Wise Oak to spam for me.

And considering at endgame, most of the DPS comes from Cyclone and not Molten Burst, why is the additional projectile bonus from DS worth 7 ex for us?
Last edited by bipsylalapo on Jan 21, 2018, 4:39:01 AM
"
bipsylalapo wrote:

On this point, what's the ideal uncapped resistance then? Considering I'm going for Taste of Hate + Lion's Roar + Dying Sun, so no Wise Oak to spam for me.

And considering at endgame, most of the DPS comes from Cyclone and not Molten Burst, why is the additional projectile bonus from DS worth 7 ex for us?

Ideal overcap resist for fire, lightning and cold is 110.

Since you have Taste of Hate + Dying Sun, you should go for Wise Oak too.

The 15% penetration from Wise Oak is huge damage buff and it last for 6 seconds. And the flask provide 2 use on a full charge.

Taste of Hate + Dying Sun flask last 4.8 seconds each and holds 2 use on full charges too.

EDIT: And to answer the price on Dying Sun, Cyclone does not provide 85% of total damage. I would put it at 60% to 70% on well geared character.

Molten Burst still does good damage otherwise people won't be able to kill Shaper wearing Kaom's Heart.

2 additional projectiles = 28% more Molten Burst damage when all balls hits target.
Last edited by kira1414 on Jan 21, 2018, 5:25:27 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info