[3.17] For Slayer / Champion - Ngamahu Cyclone / Consecrated Path / Tectonic Slam

"
just curious as to why you guys drop versatility when going for EO

by keeping it, i am at 80% chance to hit. ive been running my char without RT and i havent noticed a difference.

if i go with EO. I just wonder if 7% chance to crit is enough. but i guess ill have increased crit jewel in there so nevermind

I lose herbalism and RT but Ill be using starkonja. which increases my life to just under 7k with around 3.9k armor. using belly of the beast atm. until i can 6l carcass jack. I feel like belly can make up for my lack of levels at the moment (89)

could go for a beefy accuracy, crit chance and ias jewel

with around 10% chance to crit and 5 attacks per second, id be criting 50% per second.

7% crit chance is rather low. 15% is what I would aim for. Personally I run 16.94% crit chance and 88% chance to hit on my Elemental Overload guy.

Versatility is give and take for Elemental Overload. It is great for the accuracy and if you are running Cospri's setup (you will see that Versatility is included in Cospri's skill tree), the mana cost reduction is a big bonus.

On a side note, I have updated the guide to include lab enchantments that will be beneficial to the build. For your convenience, you can see them here:

Lab Enchantments
"
Helm
- 15% increased Cyclone Attack Speed
- 40% increased Cyclone Damage
- 30% reduced Herald of Ash Mana Reservation

Gloves
- Attack with Commandment of Fury on Hit

WARNING: Gloves enchantment on Spike Gloves will lose the melee damage

Boots
- 16% increased Attack and Cast Speed if you've Killed Recently
- Damage Penetrates 10% of Enemy Elemental Resistances if you haven't Killed Recently
- 0.6% of Damage Leeched as Life and Mana if you've Killed Recently
- Adds 45 to 68 Fire Damage if you've Killed Recently
- 120% increased Critical Strike Chance if you haven't Crit Recently (only for Elemental Overload skill tree)
Last edited by kira1414 on Mar 14, 2017, 1:46:08 AM
hi kira.

im running 14.9% chance to crit and thats without investing in any jewels with crit on them (which i may do)

can you take a peek at my gems set up?

just wondering why warchief isnt used with EO etc..

im noticing EO is up quite a bit at 15%

using belly ATM to compensate for my lack of health nodes due to level
Last edited by Planisphaerium on Mar 14, 2017, 1:54:32 AM
"
hi kira.

im running 14.9% chance to crit and thats without investing in any jewels with crit on them (which i may do)

can you take a peek at my gems set up?

just wondering why warchief isnt used with EO etc..

im noticing EO is up quite a bit at 15%

using belly ATM to compensate for my lack of health nodes due to level

The only jewel that you want to work on will probably be Spirit Glisten. It has cold damage % on it which is not useful for the build.

I see that all your jewels are damage focused, you can consider getting 7% life roll on them. This will further boost your health pool.

Btw, Pandemonium Splinter is very nicely rolled.
Never have I ever killed Izaro at level 36 (started the run at 33). This build is great! Thanks Kira :)

I'm using a Wideswing Poleaxe at the moment. Do you think it can last all the way till 55?
Good day Kira,

It has been a pleasure to follow your build so Far.
But I'm playing in LHC and I'm wondering if I should have tried an other build like Norse EQ :D

I'm actualy lvl 83, with XOPH's BLOOD, a 5l chest and a 6s NAGAMAHU, my DPS is very very good, but everytime I see a reflect monster, I shit on my pant despite running Purity of fire and a ruby flask. On a tier 8 map this morning, I almost killed me on a Golem Reflect Elem (huge pool life). I didn't do the Mercy lab yet, maybe this is the reason and I'm not leeching enought.

As an experience player of this build, what did kill you in softcore? and what would be your suggestion of Gear, and passive tree change for HC league?

Except the reflect, I feel very safe, I'm sitting on almost 6K life and targetting 7K with 5 to 6 enduring charge.

PS : I'm following the "tanky" skill tree.

What's the order of upgrading skill gem's quality? For now i made my cyclone 20% but i'm confused which should i go next.
"
tristanity wrote:
Never have I ever killed Izaro at level 36 (started the run at 33). This build is great! Thanks Kira :)

I'm using a Wideswing Poleaxe at the moment. Do you think it can last all the way till 55?

You can consider switching to Reaper's Pursuit as it will allow you to reach level 55 at a much faster pace. :)

"
zelihood wrote:
Good day Kira,

It has been a pleasure to follow your build so Far.
But I'm playing in LHC and I'm wondering if I should have tried an other build like Norse EQ :D

I'm actualy lvl 83, with XOPH's BLOOD, a 5l chest and a 6s NAGAMAHU, my DPS is very very good, but everytime I see a reflect monster, I shit on my pant despite running Purity of fire and a ruby flask. On a tier 8 map this morning, I almost killed me on a Golem Reflect Elem (huge pool life). I didn't do the Mercy lab yet, maybe this is the reason and I'm not leeching enought.

As an experience player of this build, what did kill you in softcore? and what would be your suggestion of Gear, and passive tree change for HC league?

Except the reflect, I feel very safe, I'm sitting on almost 6K life and targetting 7K with 5 to 6 enduring charge.

PS : I'm following the "tanky" skill tree.

If you have not take up Endless Hunger from ascendancy, then yes, reflect can be a problem.

Also, take up Primeval Force at the right side of the tree. It reduces elemental reflect by 10%.

The thing that kills me so far are 1 shot damage from bosses and elemental reflect in breaches (sometimes I forgot to hit my Dying Sun flask). Basically when I am running in breach, I will spam my mana pot (it has anti freeze), Taste of Hate (assuming you have one) and Dying Sun, not allowing them to wear off, and generally I will be ok.

Yes, Golem reflect can be a huge pain. Sometimes they do spike reflect damage and I wonder why too. I always cyclone through packs and try not to stay at the same spot for too long as I will never know what will blow up underneath me. And there is my trusty Ancestral Warchief whom I can rely on vs elemental reflect.

For HC game play, you can consider getting +1 endurance charge on your belt, e.g.

and this skill tree will probably work better for HC too.

"
What's the order of upgrading skill gem's quality? For now i made my cyclone 20% but i'm confused which should i go next.

Upgrade damage gems first, in this order: Physical damage -> Elemental damage
Got my Xoph's and switched The Gull to Devotos, but to compensate for lost life switched out Faminebind for a life+resists belt. This build is utterly amazing and so far I did some 8 mod red maps, Xoph's and Esh's Domain (got me two howas) and multiple Uber Lab runs.

For Gem upgrades the gems in the weapon have priority over the others since they deal most of our boss dps?

Also I'm currently sitting at ~7ex and I'm wondering what I should invest for for the biggest upgrade. 6L Belly (I think I'll stick to belly, since a) I'm bad and b) dislike getting killed by Izaro), 20/20 gems or better gear (most items that I wear cost around 5c, so going to 50c items might give big boosts to armor/life/damage).

Also I think about respeccing the Lava Lash nodes for two jewels, since 14% life + stats seems more valuable than the pure damage I get there. Though the effect of the penetration is hard to judge.

As a general question to the others out there: What do you run with this build to get currency? I'm switching around between breach stones (Esh and Xoph), Uber lab and yellow/red maps.
"
If you have not take up Endless Hunger from ascendancy, then yes, reflect can be a problem.

Also, take up Primeval Force at the right side of the tree. It reduces elemental reflect by 10%.

The thing that kills me so far are 1 shot damage from bosses and elemental reflect in breaches (sometimes I forgot to hit my Dying Sun flask). Basically when I am running in breach, I will spam my mana pot (it has anti freeze), Taste of Hate (assuming you have one) and Dying Sun, not allowing them to wear off, and generally I will be ok.

Yes, Golem reflect can be a huge pain. Sometimes they do spike reflect damage and I wonder why too. I always cyclone through packs and try not to stay at the same spot for too long as I will never know what will blow up underneath me. And there is my trusty Ancestral Warchief whom I can rely on vs elemental reflect.

For HC game play, you can consider getting +1 endurance charge on your belt, e.g.

and this skill tree will probably work better for HC too.

Thank you so much for your reply, I will probably follow your passive tree for the reflect reduction and do my Merci Lab asap.

"
cybertier wrote:
Got my Xoph's and switched The Gull to Devotos, but to compensate for lost life switched out Faminebind for a life+resists belt. This build is utterly amazing and so far I did some 8 mod red maps, Xoph's and Esh's Domain (got me two howas) and multiple Uber Lab runs.

For Gem upgrades the gems in the weapon have priority over the others since they deal most of our boss dps?

Also I'm currently sitting at ~7ex and I'm wondering what I should invest for for the biggest upgrade. 6L Belly (I think I'll stick to belly, since a) I'm bad and b) dislike getting killed by Izaro), 20/20 gems or better gear (most items that I wear cost around 5c, so going to 50c items might give big boosts to armor/life/damage).

Also I think about respeccing the Lava Lash nodes for two jewels, since 14% life + stats seems more valuable than the pure damage I get there. Though the effect of the penetration is hard to judge.

As a general question to the others out there: What do you run with this build to get currency? I'm switching around between breach stones (Esh and Xoph), Uber lab and yellow/red maps.

Yes. You will want to upgrade gems in the weapon first since most damage comes from Molten Burst.

As to giving up Lava cluster for jewel socket, if you have more than 5.5K life, I would suggest keeping the lava nodes. You will need more damage as you progress further into the red maps.

"
zelihood wrote:

Thank you so much for your reply, I will probably follow your passive tree for the reflect reduction and do my Merci Lab asap.

You can also consider using 10 refund points to refund Headsman and pick up Endless Hunger instead. And pump the points from merciless lab into Brutal Fervour. You can get Headsman last from Uber lab.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info