[3.17] For Slayer / Champion - Ngamahu Cyclone / Consecrated Path / Tectonic Slam

"
kira1414 wrote:
"
Dragon_Bukid wrote:
I have a question and some thoughts on carcass jack synergy... Since Slayer already has some form of aoe increase plus the 20% from carcass, would it not gimp point blank linked to the molten burst? that would result in lower overall molten burst damage since the projectiles travel further even with conc. effect won't it? Just asking about the mechanics and the possible lack of synergy.

The molten balls don't travel far out with Concentrated gem and the extra AOE with Increased Area of Effect is really good for regular mapping.

Thanks for the answer, although I did find a mathematical calculation saying that carcass jack does indeed lower the dps for molten burst right here:

Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1793110

It lowers point blank damage output by about 2% but these calculations are on a raider with no aoe ascendancy, slayer has a 15% increased aoe after a recent kill, so the damage difference may actually be slightly higher than 2% for slayer. Anyway, I've dropped carcass jack for belly since volatiles can be dangerous at less than 6.5k health.
Do you think this build can stand hc?
"
Dragon_Bukid wrote:

Thanks for the answer, although I did find a mathematical calculation saying that carcass jack does indeed lower the dps for molten burst right here:

Spoiler

It lowers point blank damage output by about 2% but these calculations are on a raider with no aoe ascendancy, slayer has a 15% increased aoe after a recent kill, so the damage difference may actually be slightly higher than 2% for slayer. Anyway, I've dropped carcass jack for belly since volatiles can be dangerous at less than 6.5k health.

Thanks for the thread. Very nice read. :)

I see that the post was a little dated (25th Dec 2016) so it does not include the recent AOE changes in patch 2.6. It also does not include the calculation of Concentrated gem which is a less modifier. I would love to see a calculation that includes the above info. It will provide a better comparison.

Personally, I like the AOE increase because volatile never was a threat to me (probably because of the distance mob explode tend to be further away from my character). Also helps greatly in map clearing since it is not lacking in damage.

Comparing to Belly, I am more inclined towards Cospri's Will for that +1 curse. Running Flammability + Temporal Chain (extend ignite duration too) is a great boost to survival.

"
FeFFoM wrote:

I don't play HC so I am not able to provide good advice when it comes to this build. Will definitely appreciate any HC players insight on running this build in HC. :)

But in terms of gears, I would recommend Belly of The Beast, Daresso's Defiance for HC play as it provides more toughness. I would also recommend the tank skill tree as it provide more survivability.
"
kira1414 wrote:
"
Dragon_Bukid wrote:

Spoiler

Thanks for the thread. Very nice read. :)

I see that the post was a little dated (25th Dec 2016) so it does not include the recent AOE changes in patch 2.6. It also does not include the calculation of Concentrated gem which is a less modifier. I would love to see a calculation that includes the above info. It will provide a better comparison.

Personally, I like the AOE increase because volatile never was a threat to me (probably because of the distance mob explode tend to be further away from my character). Also helps greatly in map clearing since it is not lacking in damage.

Comparing to Belly, I am more inclined towards Cospri's Will for that +1 curse. Running Flammability + Temporal Chain (extend ignite duration too) is a great boost to survival.

"
FeFFoM wrote:

I don't play HC so I am not able to provide good advice when it comes to this build. Will definitely appreciate any HC players insight on running this build in HC. :)

But in terms of gears, I would recommend Belly of The Beast, Daresso's Defiance for HC play as it provides more toughness. I would also recommend the tank skill tree as it provide more survivability.

yeah cospri's might be necessary for some mobs and map mods, although would we also have to drop HoA for it? all three would reserve 95% of the mana unfortunately.
Last edited by Dragon_Bukid on Mar 11, 2017, 11:04:05 AM
"
Dragon_Bukid wrote:

yeah cospri's might be necessary for some mobs and map mods, although would we also have to drop HoA for it? all three would reserve 95% of the mana unfortunately.

With Enlighten 4, you will be able to run HoA + 2 curses. :)
Was having a real hard time with my survivability using my old chest for now but I am having a great time using

Cast when damage taken - level 2 ilvl 40
molten shell - level 11
Blood rage - level 8
Frost Wall - level 11

Frost wall is what is fun. You can still cyclone through frost wall but mobs can't reach you. Blood rage is really nice too... Not sure if I will like it when I am really low life and it is taking 4% of my life per second, but I am hoping my leech will more than make up for it.
51K DPS wooow. im only at 25k.. how much dps does xophs add?
twitch.tv/VtuberLunartuna
Any alternatives to xoph's blood? As I'm kind of a bad player I don't think I can really farm the breaches effectively (get swarmed in no time xD)
Got a ngamahu as a drop so I thought I'd try it. Solid build though.
"
Any alternatives to xoph's blood? As I'm kind of a bad player I don't think I can really farm the breaches effectively (get swarmed in no time xD)
Got a ngamahu as a drop so I thought I'd try it. Solid build though.

Yes, this one does well
What changes to the passive tree should I make, if any, if I plan to use The Taming + Emberwake? Also, should I take the Elemental Focus Support out so I can ignite?

I'm relatively new with builds because I've only played 2 leagues.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info