[3.17] For Slayer / Champion - Ngamahu Cyclone / Consecrated Path / Tectonic Slam

"

Ya but...I wouldn't do that. It's not like DarkPact or Righteous Fire. Around 6-6.5k HP is all you need for this build to live through large hits most of the time. Having 7k or 8k is just a wasted buffer that could have been DPS.

Builds that let you stand in one spot mindlessly DPSing and ignoring mechanics because your HP pool is ginormous are boring, broken and...well, different from this one.
Don't stand in poison /bad stuff, pop flasks when appropriate and have more than 6k HP, you'll be fine.

It's one-shot mechanics that I'm mostly worried about. My first character in this game was a Tornado Shot Deadeye with about 5.5k life in the endgame, and playing it was very painful because of OHKs. Now I try to stay away from glass cannons. I got interested in this build because I like cyclone playstyle, I like that it's budget-friendly at the beginning and at the same time can scale well into the endgame, and I like the fact that it's not VP-based and not a Zerker (and therefore, unlikely to get nerfed, unless GGG decide to nerf Ngamahu directly for some reason). So I'm considering it as my next build - either for one of the upcoming events that GGG have promised us, or for the next league. The low life pool is the only thing that worries me. But on the other hand, looking at Bymen's videos, he still has plenty of DPS, and appears to be killing the guardians and the Shaper even faster than my current RF build wich has 510k DPS in PoB. So it looks like there's enough room to maneuver :)

So basically, if I wanna build a tankier version, I should go with Belly instead of Bronn's, rare helm with a good life roll instead of Devoto's, and coral rings instead of opal ones, correct? And probably leather belt, boots and gloves with top life rolls, just like an RF build, right?
Fuck master rotas. Fuck any kind of rotas, for that matter.
Last edited by DGTLDaemon on Oct 9, 2017, 1:48:51 PM
You will just end up with a ineffective, dps gimped variation but...ya? I guess?

Most certainly would not trade out Devotto's. Belly over Bronn's..wouldn't do that either. I have 6250HP at 94 and don't need more. When you have high dps, you delete dangerous mobs. And when they do hurt you, you have ENOUGH life. You're asking if it's ok to be less effective and have a larger sponge for life. It's just not a good approach.

5500HP is barely enough to take hits from buffed Itzaro for example. With no armor ( evasion based?) and defensive flasks not popped, you're probably dead at 5500hp but then you're not suppsoed to be getting hit. 6k+ HP and 5500 HP feel totally different. 6k-ish HP is not "low life" or "glass cannon".
But trying to hit 8,9,10k hp will literally leave you with a ineffective character. there is no way to get that HP without...sucking, with this build.
So no, not correct. Don't do it.

Personally I don't like evasion based characters like a Deadeye you mention. Very squishy. Totally different build. This build is not squishy in the slightest.

One last note: One shot mechanics mean you're supposed to dodge it. A one shot mechanic is designed to kill you if you get hit. But big hits from a dangerous mob...6-6.5k hp is plenty. Pop flasks, dont stand still.
Last edited by DamageIncorporated on Oct 9, 2017, 5:13:57 PM
@DamageIncorporated: OK, thanks for the detailed explanation, mate :) Now give me a quick reality check, will you? I quickly threw together a build based on one of the PoB links in the OP: lvl 90, Avatar of Fire tree (without Xoph's Blood), 5-link chest for Cyclone - basically, what you could expect after a couple of weeks of grinding during an event/new league, without expensive end-game items. And I'm really not liking what I'm seeing: 5.5k life, only 150k cyclone DPS - looks like I'll be lucky to get through T15 maps with it, and I can forget about guardians/Shaper/Uber Atziri. Did I do anything wrong here, or is it what this build really looks like on a budget?

https://pastebin.com/nJ0c3PqW
"
DGTLDaemon wrote:
@DamageIncorporated: OK, thanks for the detailed explanation, mate :) Now give me a quick reality check, will you? I quickly threw together a build based on one of the PoB links in the OP: lvl 90, Avatar of Fire tree (without Xoph's Blood), 5-link chest for Cyclone - basically, what you could expect after a couple of weeks of grinding during an event/new league, without expensive end-game items. And I'm really not liking what I'm seeing: 5.5k life, only 150k cyclone DPS - looks like I'll be lucky to get through T15 maps with it, and I can forget about guardians/Shaper/Uber Atziri. Did I do anything wrong here, or is it what this build really looks like on a budget?

https://pastebin.com/nJ0c3PqW

You have Sibyl's on that PoB link, low life opal ring with no offensive mods, carnage heart amulet, gloves/boots/belt are not the highest life as well, only 181% HP on tree, using only a 5 link...

IMO it's way better to go for a Rare chest as your first 6L if you can't afford Bronn's/Belly or don't want it, you'll get more damage and more tankiness than a 5L Bronn's, might be even cheaper while giving you more hp, more damage and more resists. I still use rare and don't plan on replacing it as the dmg is enough for all content and hp/def is great as well.
Last edited by Phosphenez on Oct 10, 2017, 5:22:57 AM
"
Phosphenez wrote:

You have Sibyl's on that PoB link, low life opal ring with no offensive mods, carnage heart amulet, gloves/boots/belt are not the highest life as well, only 181% HP on tree, using only a 5 link...

IMO it's way better to go for a Rare chest as your first 6L if you can't afford Bronn's/Belly or don't want it, you'll get more damage and more tankiness than a 5L Bronn's, might be even cheaper while giving you more hp, more damage and more resists. I still use rare and don't plan on replacing it as the dmg is enough for all content and hp/def is great as well.

Got it, thanks :) I'm considering running this build either in one of the upcoming events or as a league starter for the next league coming in December, so 6-linked uniques are a no-go, the whole build must fit within a budget of about 100c. Using a (relatively) inepxensive 6-linked rare chest looks like a great idea :) And yeah, I know that if I want an endgame-viable build on a sub-100c budget, I should be looking at one of those crazy Dark Pact totem builds instead. But they are literally asking for a nerf bat, so I'd rather stay away from them. Plus, I really like the Ngamahu Cyclone playstyle :) In this league, I leveled an RF Jug using Cyclone to trigger various auxiliary effects (EO/EE/Flammability/Fortify) and Leap Slam as my movement skill, and judging by the videos on the first page, this build is very similar in playstyle.
Last edited by DGTLDaemon on Oct 10, 2017, 5:53:18 AM
The Retch belt any good for this build? Should be godly yeah?

what do I need to upgrade?
Last edited by Hendken on Oct 10, 2017, 7:44:39 AM
"
tMShubar wrote:
The Retch belt any good for this build? Should be godly yeah?

We don't do any non fire damage. So it won't be worth it.
"

what do I need to upgrade?

Get your Ngamahu's 6 sockets and add in all the support gems for molten burst. That's your main source of damage ...
And use some Whetstones on it.
o_o
Last edited by Helbelinc1 on Oct 10, 2017, 10:38:21 AM
Just completed 40/40 with it. Would recommend.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info