[3.17] For Slayer / Champion - Ngamahu Cyclone / Consecrated Path / Tectonic Slam

"
coutoo wrote:

Which damage do you refer to in hideout?

without anything: 62k cyclone, 9k molten burst
with permanent buffs (flame golem & HoA): 72,5k cyclone, 10,2k molten burst
with permanent buffs + temp buffs from skills (warchief totem + bloodrage): 95k cyclone, 10,7k molten burst

2 days ago i was lucky with 2 mortal hope drops and I tried Uber Atziri for the first time. Felt like it is possible with my stats, but as all say, there is not much room for failure. I often had the problem that I just started to whirl and atziri launched a flameblast and then I didn't make it out of it in time and got one shot. Does enfeeble help on such situations? Because right now I'm still using flammability for everything and I didn't use a curse in the uber atziri fight.

I also got my hands on some nice jewels and raised my life up to 6225. Any suggestions how to improve my gear further? Taste of Hate is on my wishlist. Which gems should I try to get with 21/20 oder 20/23?

The damage mentioned are based on just Herald of Ash + Lightning Golem in hideout.

Uber Atziri reflects your curse so you will just want to run Flammability. With anti-curse flask, you will have a few seconds immunity to curse so with sufficient damage, you will be able to take her out in the shortest amount of time.

Flask management is especially important on her.

And always aim for the blue hand lady during her split phase.

You will want all gems to be 21/20 (expect Faster Attack, which you will want 20/23).

"
BreadOfExile wrote:
Any idea what i should be upgrading in terms of my character, i seem to die to one shots often.

And is xophs blood essential?

Run Enfeeble curse instead of Flammability when you are focusing on leveling.

You are also missing life rolls on your rare slots. Do check out the Recommended Rares section.

You can also replace Carnage Heart with a high life roll rare amulet.

Xoph's Blood is end game item but you can still kill Shaper without it and just relying on Avatar of Fire skill tree. :)

"
Extremo_X wrote:
Ty for this build, all guardians/shaper down in lvl 82.

gear:

Spoiler

Grats on the level 82 Shaper clear! I see that you are running the Elemental Overload setup.

Would you mind if I include your gears and paste bin into the EO section for other players to reference?

"
Solmyr77 wrote:
Hey, first of all thanks for this build, I'm quite enjoying it so far. I managed to kill Minotaur yesterday as my last guardian and tried Shaper once. I killed him last league with my ST HoWA Raider so I'm familiar with the mechanics.

I have several questions:

How do I technically use Cyclone? I'm used to just holding RMB down like in Diablo, but I fear this may be the cause for some of my deaths: For example I got caught in the Shaper's Slam multiple times, not for a lack of awareness but because my char just wouldn't leap the moment I press the button. I never had that issue with Whirling Blades on my Raider. Shall I manually perform individual Cyclones? Does the position of the mouse pointer matter? Or is it simply the lack of Faster Attacks? Should I sub that in over Blood Rage?

How can I judge my actual dps? I mean the relation between Cyclone and Molten Burst. I have modeled the latter in PoB by adding a lvl16 Molten Strike with the support gems I'm using and looking at the "ball damage", but I suppose the number I get is for a single ball. Do you know how many balls usually hit a single target?

If I could get a grasp of the relative importance of Cyclone's own damage, I could better judge the effect of Conc effect vs Inc AoE on Cyclone itself. I can imagine the latter being quite beneficial vs some bosses - like the Shaper standing in his void zones.

Gear-wise I feel that I should be able to kill him (I can kill the adds in time), but if you'd like to check my gear for bad pieces, I'd appreciate that, too.

@Extremo_X has provided a good example on calculating molten burst damage so check that out.

And I would like to add on to what @Phosphenez said. Concentrated gem is needed for end game fight as it contribute around 40% more damage.

You will want to position your mouse cursor near your character when you perform cyclone attaack. This allows you to break free from the animation lock (and yes, sadly, Cyclone in POE < Cyclone in Diablo...).

Vs Shaper, it is possible to tank his slam when you have sufficient toughness and with the right gear setup. You can check out @Overmedia's Face Tanking Shaper Slam Video. You can find his setup and stats in the main guide.

Linking Faster Attack to Leap Slam will also help in evading his slam attack.
"
Extremo_X wrote:

gear:

Spoiler

can use.

Pastebin my char in lvl 90.

DPS total in shaper 880k.

https://pastebin.com/VMkK94HS
Last edited by Extremo_X on Sep 25, 2017, 1:45:39 PM
"
Valant wrote:
How would this compare to a physical cyclone slayer ? (Either Disfavour or Starforge)

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1958926/page/39

ive ran both this league and cleared everything in the game with them. I liked disfavour better with berserker VP as this allowed me to face tank guardians a little better than as a slayer.
"
Extremo_X wrote:
"
Extremo_X wrote:

gear:

Spoiler

can use.

Pastebin my char in lvl 90.

DPS total in shaper 880k.

https://pastebin.com/VMkK94HS

That's different to me now, i'm confused. Where are the differences?
Could you check my character (Krefpuq) to see what the next upgrade should be? I think the gloves are next up but would like additional feedback.

Thanks for the build guide it's been a blast to play.
hello! are u still using "The red dream" jewell on the build ?
thanks a lot !
this build make ex for me 68- 220ex <3
this item ok? i re passives form EO build for RT build (ref your character lv99)

Just wondering which patheons you boost with vessel, for general mapping.
How it will feel jewel Inspired Jewel?(as the original build)
I altered flammability by elemental weakness i linked it with enhance 4, the elemental reduction was from 44% to 50%, besides benefiting the blood rage increasing 6% of attack speed.

lost increased duration.
Last edited by Extremo_X on Sep 26, 2017, 8:28:22 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info