[3.17] For Slayer / Champion - Ngamahu Cyclone / Consecrated Path / Tectonic Slam

"
BreadOfExile wrote:
Any idea what i should be upgrading in terms of my character, i seem to die to one shots often.

And is xophs blood essential?

Getting 3 skill points to reach Constitution can't hurt. I also imagine your armor might be a bit low seeing as there is none on belt while both gloves and boots are low. Your jewels should probably have % life as well. Then there is the no life roll on ring while using Sibyl (which is really low life). Meanwhile gloves and belt has mediocre life rolls at best and boots are pretty bad. What is your phys % red and life pool?

I followed the guide in terms of HoA and blasphemy supported by enfeeble/flammability which worked well for me. Running enfeeble while leveling for quite some time, especially after obtaining 6L. You are also missing the third life leech passive.

Xoph is at least not essential for me yet, I just did the guardians (except mino) for the first time ever (first league playing poe) on the first try without difficulty. I intend to try Shaper without as well, even though I can afford it.
I'm really not sure where to go from here with gear. I could upgrade my rings to be more ideal, and maybe change the belt out. I just worry about being able to keep resists capped. The armor my Belly gave in the early stages resulted in a massive chunk of physical damage reduction, but now it's under 25% and I'm feeling the burn, particularly trying to clear uber lab for the first time. Last time I had a few darkshrines and was doing really well, then got one shot by Argus.

Is there some specific strategy to do uber lab the first time? Do I need to just level for more passive points? I can handle t10 maps fairly effortlessly (haven't tried higher yet), but uber lab is still proving elusive. Should I just avoid argus and not try to get mechanic keys from Izaro? Is there something with my gear in particular that stands out that I could fix?

Thanks in advance for any advice.
How would this compare to a physical cyclone slayer ? (Either Disfavour or Starforge)

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1958926/page/39
"
Toraxa wrote:
I'm really not sure where to go from here with gear. I could upgrade my rings to be more ideal, and maybe change the belt out. I just worry about being able to keep resists capped. The armor my Belly gave in the early stages resulted in a massive chunk of physical damage reduction, but now it's under 25% and I'm feeling the burn, particularly trying to clear uber lab for the first time. Last time I had a few darkshrines and was doing really well, then got one shot by Argus.

Is there some specific strategy to do uber lab the first time? Do I need to just level for more passive points? I can handle t10 maps fairly effortlessly (haven't tried higher yet), but uber lab is still proving elusive. Should I just avoid argus and not try to get mechanic keys from Izaro? Is there something with my gear in particular that stands out that I could fix?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Few more levels are always good, T8-T10 maps can get you to 90 quickly and safe. Get to 83 and grab the 3 HP nodes on the left side, Devotion cluster, 20% hp for 3 points. Also, you want 6socket your axe asap! Huge damage boost

As for gear upgrades, i would replace the gloves, belt, both rings and the boots, doesn't seem like you're using double curse so no point in windscream, for rings focus on a 70-79 hp roll, followed by resists and stats if needed, offensive mods you want +phys to attacks(can be mastercrafted).

For belt you can pick between Rustic, Leather or Vanguard bases, look for 80-99 hp roll, followed by resists and strength for suffix if possible, with open prefix for elemental dmg with attacks(mastercrafted).

Gloves look for 70+ hp roll with resists and open suffix so you can mastercraft attack speed, should give a HUGE hp increase and more damage as well, boots it depends if you really want/need the 30% move speed, when i shop for boots i usually search for high hp and resists with open prefix for movespeed craft which is 13-17%, doesn't bother me being a little bit slower considering you can find some really good items for cheap!

You should be able to drop the mana flask btw, use a quicksilver for more mobility and roll anti-freeze on it.

Some pretty crazy hp/str boots i found for 2c and slapped movespeed
Last edited by Phosphenez on Sep 24, 2017, 11:25:45 PM
"

Getting 3 skill points to reach Constitution can't hurt. I also imagine your armor might be a bit low seeing as there is none on belt while both gloves and boots are low. Your jewels should probably have % life as well. Then there is the no life roll on ring while using Sibyl (which is really low life). Meanwhile gloves and belt has mediocre life rolls at best and boots are pretty bad. What is your phys % red and life pool?

I followed the guide in terms of HoA and blasphemy supported by enfeeble/flammability which worked well for me. Running enfeeble while leveling for quite some time, especially after obtaining 6L. You are also missing the third life leech passive.

Xoph is at least not essential for me yet, I just did the guardians (except mino) for the first time ever (first league playing poe) on the first try without difficulty. I intend to try Shaper without as well, even though I can afford it.

Thanks, definitely a big help.

Im not running the blasphemy.
I'm a bit confused. I do maps now but it's hard with the buttons.
I need to activate 1-5 (flasks) + Q (blood rage) + W (enduring cry) + E (leap)

To many buttons in a very small area to handle it, and I can't change it to other buttons. How do you handle this? Think about to change gems and use more CWDT.
Ty for this build, all guardians/shaper down in lvl 82.

gear:

Spoiler
Hey, first of all thanks for this build, I'm quite enjoying it so far. I managed to kill Minotaur yesterday as my last guardian and tried Shaper once. I killed him last league with my ST HoWA Raider so I'm familiar with the mechanics.

I have several questions:

How do I technically use Cyclone? I'm used to just holding RMB down like in Diablo, but I fear this may be the cause for some of my deaths: For example I got caught in the Shaper's Slam multiple times, not for a lack of awareness but because my char just wouldn't leap the moment I press the button. I never had that issue with Whirling Blades on my Raider. Shall I manually perform individual Cyclones? Does the position of the mouse pointer matter? Or is it simply the lack of Faster Attacks? Should I sub that in over Blood Rage?

How can I judge my actual dps? I mean the relation between Cyclone and Molten Burst. I have modeled the latter in PoB by adding a lvl16 Molten Strike with the support gems I'm using and looking at the "ball damage", but I suppose the number I get is for a single ball. Do you know how many balls usually hit a single target?

If I could get a grasp of the relative importance of Cyclone's own damage, I could better judge the effect of Conc effect vs Inc AoE on Cyclone itself. I can imagine the latter being quite beneficial vs some bosses - like the Shaper standing in his void zones.

Gear-wise I feel that I should be able to kill him (I can kill the adds in time), but if you'd like to check my gear for bad pieces, I'd appreciate that, too.
"
Solmyr77 wrote:
Hey, first of all thanks for this build, I'm quite enjoying it so far. I managed to kill Minotaur yesterday as my last guardian and tried Shaper once. I killed him last league with my ST HoWA Raider so I'm familiar with the mechanics.

How do I technically use Cyclone? I'm used to just holding RMB down like in Diablo, but I fear this may be the cause for some of my deaths: For example I got caught in the Shaper's Slam multiple times, not for a lack of awareness but because my char just wouldn't leap the moment I press the button. I never had that issue with Whirling Blades on my Raider. Shall I manually perform individual Cyclones? Does the position of the mouse pointer matter? Or is it simply the lack of Faster Attacks? Should I sub that in over Blood Rage?

How can I judge my actual dps? I mean the relation between Cyclone and Molten Burst. I have modeled the latter in PoB by adding a lvl16 Molten Strike with the support gems I'm using and looking at the "ball damage", but I suppose the number I get is for a single ball. Do you know how many balls usually hit a single target?

If I could get a grasp of the relative importance of Cyclone's own damage, I could better judge the effect of Conc effect vs Inc AoE on Cyclone itself. I can imagine the latter being quite beneficial vs some bosses - like the Shaper standing in his void zones.

Gear-wise I feel that I should be able to kill him (I can kill the adds in time), but if you'd like to check my gear for bad pieces, I'd appreciate that, too.

about the amount of 2 + 3 gmp + 2 projectiles from the bottle = 7 projectiles per hit, say that each projectile has 40k damage then the damage by Molten Burst 7 * 40,000 = 320,000k now multiply the cyclon attack speed * 0.20 by 20% chace of the activate.

ex: cyclon attack speed = 6.0

320,000 * 6 * 0.20 = 336k dps / s

This is what I think

sorry for my poor english
Last edited by Extremo_X on Sep 25, 2017, 7:55:03 AM
"
Solmyr77 wrote:

Do short streaks of cyclone for better control, if you do it at max range you'll be stuck on animation until you get to the location clicked, therefore better movespeed would probably help you, how many balls are gonna hit is hard to say, but their AoE and hit % should be pretty good since we're melee.

Cyclone contributes a lot to dps as you can get up to 500k+ cyclone dps with flasks, and while mapping most trash/blue packs will die to cyclone instead of molten burst.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info