[3.17] For Slayer / Champion - Ngamahu Cyclone / Consecrated Path / Tectonic Slam

What do you guys recommend to change? Besides the leheup ring ofcourse. Currently staying at 5450HP, with half of one point away from herbalist which will give me 200hp so i'll be 5650HP. Killed all the guardians at ease, want to go at shaper and uber atziri, I think i'll be fine, but I'm thinking: Would I lose a lot if choose to go for Carcass Jack or even Belly of the Beast? Because I have in mind to do so. I'm asking this because it seems like I have way too much damage and like 600~ more hp will be better. What do you think? Is it way too much damage? It is ok HP pool? Do I need to change or not. Reason for the change is to tank some other things way better than I'm already doing(i'm tanking chimera aoe attack for example). Aswell I'll have hard time to color this armour and already used 1200 fusing for it and no 6L ffs.

Effective DPS on non hexproof maps is 365k for Cyclone and 50k for Molten burst.
Effective DPS on shaper/guardian is 261k for Cyclone and 38k for Molten Burst

Jewels are all 3 with 3xDamage or 2xDamage+1xAttack speed.

Belly of the Beast

Effective DPS on non hexproof maps is 315K for Cyclone and 50k for Molten Burst.
Effective DPS on shaper/guardian is 225K for Cyclone and 38k for Molten Burst.

What do you recommend me going? Assuming I'll get 6L on some of these ones.
Last edited by JAGUARENSTEIN on Aug 23, 2017, 2:04:52 AM

This may or may not have been mentioned, but I didn't see it in the main post.

If you are going Ele Overload, this enchant helps greatly.

5% -> 11% crit after 4 sec of not having crit, which give you 4 sec to get a crit at 11% before Ele Overload falls off.
Hi, I had an atziris acuity that I got for another character, and decided to test out this build, and when I saw that there was an EO acuity's version, thats when I got hooked in.

now, Im level 75 with 3.9k health and around 11% crit chance (8.15% without rats nest), but I just dont feel like im criting enough to make good use of elemental overload (and even less to make atziri's acuity insta leech worth). My tree is mostly on par with the level 90 skill tree present on the EO guide, just missing some minor health nodes, about ~3 jewel sockets, and some spell damage from catalyse node.

now, my questions are:
1. do I need more than 5 or 10% crit chance? where does my crits mostly come from, the cyclone or the "meat balls" from molten burst?

2. how does jewels with %increased critical chance with spells/fire skills works? do we get full benefit from it (both cyclone and molten burst)?

3. would adding an increased critical chance gem worth it on either cyclone links or ngamahu's flame?

These are my gears, all resists capped above 75% (fire is the highest at 88%). Im trying to save up to get a xophs blood, and still testing out rats nest vs devotos devotion

Spoiler

Ty
"
pichapie wrote:
hit a wall against minotaur. can't defeat him no matter what. everything he does is one shot to me and i have followed this guide strictly, down to the gears and nodes and flasks.

anyone?

I did Minotaur with less than 6k hp and only died once to the falling rocks. They are the ones you should try to dodge, the rest of his attacks dont hit THAT hard and/or are very easy to dodge imo.
Try swapping out one flask for Taste of Hate or a basic Basalt flask for further damage reduction. Dont forget to use these pantheons:

Soul of Solaris (Major God) - 20% chance to take 50% less area damage

Soul of Gruthkul (Minor God) - Up to 5% physical damage reduction

so far having a blast playing this character.

what upgrades should I aim for? (helm will be replaced by devotos @ lvl 68)
Explosive Cleave Gladiator by supreme_pizza
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1609862
"
Edands wrote:
I did bought Xoph's, decided to go for it even when i din't need it. This build is the best build i have played so far i did start only with ngamahu's and carnage heart, two weeks into the build running uber labs, regular atziri and pushing T15-16 maps.

Spoiler

Also runnig tiers 10-13 with magic find

But i have a question, in terms of dps is ele focus better than faster attacks in cyclone?
I think i can go for the 3R2B1G, but is it worth?

Replacing Faster Attack with Elemental Focus gives you more cyclone damage so you can certainly go for 3R2B1G.

"
ubberalles wrote:
How about The Taming?

The Taming works if you go for ignite version and at the expenses of toughness.

"
pichapie wrote:
hit a wall against minotaur. can't defeat him no matter what. everything he does is one shot to me and i have followed this guide strictly, down to the gears and nodes and flasks.

anyone?

Minotaur's falling rocks does very high damage when they overlap. You will need to move away from the overlapping spot into a safe ground to fight Minotaur. He will tunnel over so you have to avoid this attack.

Use Taste of Hate (Basalt) and Lion's Roar (Granite) when you fight him.

"
MeLikeChoco wrote:
If I am correct, most of our damage should come from the meatballs right?

Depends on your Cyclone damage. Cyclone damage contribution can range from 30% to 60% of your total damage.

"
JAGUARENSTEIN wrote:
What do you guys recommend to change? Besides the leheup ring ofcourse. Currently staying at 5450HP, with half of one point away from herbalist which will give me 200hp so i'll be 5650HP. Killed all the guardians at ease, want to go at shaper and uber atziri, I think i'll be fine, but I'm thinking: Would I lose a lot if choose to go for Carcass Jack or even Belly of the Beast? Because I have in mind to do so. I'm asking this because it seems like I have way too much damage and like 600~ more hp will be better. What do you think? Is it way too much damage? It is ok HP pool? Do I need to change or not. Reason for the change is to tank some other things way better than I'm already doing(i'm tanking chimera aoe attack for example). Aswell I'll have hard time to color this armour and already used 1200 fusing for it and no 6L ffs.

Effective DPS on non hexproof maps is 365k for Cyclone and 50k for Molten burst.
Effective DPS on shaper/guardian is 261k for Cyclone and 38k for Molten Burst

Jewels are all 3 with 3xDamage or 2xDamage+1xAttack speed.

Spoiler

Belly of the Beast

Effective DPS on non hexproof maps is 315K for Cyclone and 50k for Molten Burst.
Effective DPS on shaper/guardian is 225K for Cyclone and 38k for Molten Burst.

What do you recommend me going? Assuming I'll get 6L on some of these ones.

Devoto helm will provide you more damage boost, especially with the right enchantment. Your rare ring requires replacement too as it do not have life roll on it.

For Shaper kill, the best way to know if you have enough damage to handle will be keeping Zana alive during the portal phase. If you can, means you have enough damage and the rest will be understanding his mechanics and having enough toughness to stay alive.

"
WillieS wrote:

This may or may not have been mentioned, but I didn't see it in the main post.

If you are going Ele Overload, this enchant helps greatly.

5% -> 11% crit after 4 sec of not having crit, which give you 4 sec to get a crit at 11% before Ele Overload falls off.

Thanks for highlighting this. I probably have it removed when I stopped updating EO section and forgot to add it back when I revived it.

EDIT: I checked, apparently it is still there in the main guide under Lab Enchantment and I didn't remove it when I stop updating EO section.

"
elderzinho wrote:
Hi, I had an atziris acuity that I got for another character, and decided to test out this build, and when I saw that there was an EO acuity's version, thats when I got hooked in.

now, Im level 75 with 3.9k health and around 11% crit chance (8.15% without rats nest), but I just dont feel like im criting enough to make good use of elemental overload (and even less to make atziri's acuity insta leech worth). My tree is mostly on par with the level 90 skill tree present on the EO guide, just missing some minor health nodes, about ~3 jewel sockets, and some spell damage from catalyse node.

now, my questions are:
1. do I need more than 5 or 10% crit chance? where does my crits mostly come from, the cyclone or the "meat balls" from molten burst?

2. how does jewels with %increased critical chance with spells/fire skills works? do we get full benefit from it (both cyclone and molten burst)?

3. would adding an increased critical chance gem worth it on either cyclone links or ngamahu's flame?

These are my gears, all resists capped above 75% (fire is the highest at 88%). Im trying to save up to get a xophs blood, and still testing out rats nest vs devotos devotion

Spoiler

Ty

If you want close to 100% uptime on EO, you need around 16% critical chance. You will also need to get your accuracy as close to 90% as you can. Otherwise the damage will not be consistent.

Increased Critical Strike Chance gem will help to increase EO uptime but you will lose Cyclone damage. So instead of the gem replacement, I would advice you to focus on getting your accuracy as high as you can. A rare gloves like @Kitaen is definitely a great choice besides using Acuity gloves.

"
Knampfclown wrote:
Spoiler

so far having a blast playing this character.

what upgrades should I aim for? (helm will be replaced by devotos @ lvl 68)

Rings and boots can be upgraded to better version.

Your flasks are not using the recommended setup shown in the guide so you can look into that too.

You are using a rare chest, you can switch to 1 of the recommended chest piece.
Last edited by kira1414 on Aug 23, 2017, 7:28:29 AM
Uber Lab gave me a 30% increase Elemental Weakness Curse effect, would it theoretically be better than a Flammability gem if it was 20Q and Max level? Not too sure if quality is factored before or after enchant, but theoretically would be about -57% to Elemental Resistances.
"
regnaseel wrote:
Uber Lab gave me a 30% increase Elemental Weakness Curse effect, would it theoretically be better than a Flammability gem if it was 20Q and Max level? Not too sure if quality is factored before or after enchant, but theoretically would be about -57% to Elemental Resistances.

Flammability is still better because it can ignite.

However, you do have a great enchant there. You can switch to use Elemental Focus gem in the axe and chest and losing the ignite property will be fine.

You can also consider trading that away and get a new helm for re-enchant. :)
Hi guys,
first ty for build, it's cool. I'm playing this league casually, don't do strand meta etc :)
My qestion it's where you got your Xoph's amulet? Did you buy it (600 c? wow) or drop by them self? :)
Ty for answers
I didn't read all of the 170+ pages so I don't know if someone has already pointed this out.

Bronn's Lithe can be turned into god tier armor for this build if you pick the Iron Reflexes keystone that is located below the leech nodes. Iron Reflexes turns evasion rating to armour and Bronn's Lithe gives us 200-250% increased evasion rating. My gear is pretty much rubbish and still my armor went up from 2059 to over 8100 and all I had to do was spend one passive point. This also boosts the defensive value of Carcass Jack quite a bit for those who want the extra AoE :)

Edit: Shouldn't read guides while sleepy. Iron Reflexes is mentioned in the FAQ and I only noticed it now.
Last edited by Laelena on Sep 17, 2017, 3:43:28 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info