[3.17] For Slayer / Champion - Ngamahu Cyclone / Consecrated Path / Tectonic Slam

"
SrBigoso wrote:
Hello ! Quite a new player and trying to follow this build but I see some problems in the way. First of all I did mess up some points as I was using a sword and a shield but I will eventually try this build from 0 in an upcoming temporary league.

I see myself using Poacher's Mark to keep the Mana up high and recently added the Curse On Hit Support but no efficient results, I guess I have to spam the spell to keep mana leeching to keep enough mana for cyclone. How do you use Cyclone without running out of Mana, I think i'm missing something here but I can't catch it. Thank you for your time.

Life and mana leech node should be enough for mana, can't check your profile, it's private
Maybe I'm spamming too much without many enemies around me. Will for sure look into gameplay about it.
I'm playing Standard SSF league, so I don't have access to Xoph's Blood (maybe in 3.0!). I have all the other required gear, and some nice rares. I will try to make this build a fast u-lab runner, and would gladly hear some opinions from experienced lab-runners :)

1. I'm wondering if I should go with carnage heart, or just some nice rare amulet?
2. Should I go with non-legacy Voidheart, or some nice rare ring? Is the Voidheart setup up-to-date in the original post?
3. What is the most dangerous izaro buff combinations to this build? Or can I just face-tank-them-all?
4. What combination (carnage heart/voidheart/rares) is the best for u-lab, and what skill tree choice would you suggest?

Thanks a lot in advance!!

e: I forgot I have Bronn's Lithe too, but coloring will be pain in ssf... Probably just going to use 6l rare, or belly.
Last edited by Steamr0ller on Jun 29, 2017, 2:40:56 PM
can you use a rare high armor(or evasion),resist and life 6l body armor instead of bronns?
"
Steamr0ller wrote:
I'm playing Standard SSF league, so I don't have access to Xoph's Blood (maybe in 3.0!). I have all the other required gear, and some nice rares. I will try to make this build a fast u-lab runner, and would gladly hear some opinions from experienced lab-runners :)

1. I'm wondering if I should go with carnage heart, or just some nice rare amulet?
2. Should I go with non-legacy Voidheart, or some nice rare ring? Is the Voidheart setup up-to-date in the original post?
3. What is the most dangerous izaro buff combinations to this build? Or can I just face-tank-them-all?
4. What combination (carnage heart/voidheart/rares) is the best for u-lab, and what skill tree choice would you suggest?

Thanks a lot in advance!!

e: I forgot I have Bronn's Lithe too, but coloring will be pain in ssf... Probably just going to use 6l rare, or belly.

Since you are playing SSF, why not start out on SSF Legacy? This way you will be able to run breaches and have a chance to land yourself a Xoph's Blood.

1: Both Carnage Heart and Daresso's Salute are great alternatives to Xoph's Blood. A rare amulet providing toughness is good too.

2. Voidheart setup was added while I was leveling in SSF legacy so it is still valid. However, I would recommend you to use the Avatar of Fire skill tree listed in the guide if you do not own Xoph's Blood. Just be prepared to re-spec later when you get your hands on Xoph's Blood.

3. Charge disruptors in my view cos that thing easily 1 shot. Everything else is trivial.

4. Any of the trees are great for making Uber Lab full key runs. Since you do not have Xoph's Blood, I recommend you to pick Avatar of Fire skill tree from the guide.

"
can you use a rare high armor(or evasion),resist and life 6l body armor instead of bronns?

There is no restriction on the type of chest piece you want to use but there is a list of recommended chest piece. You can take a look at the Recommended Gears section.

Personally in patch 2.6, I prefer to use Cospri's Will for leveling and Bronn's Lithe when I just want to enjoy the game. :)
"

Yes! Definitely. Bronns/Cospri's are not required in order to clear all content with this build (I've done Shaper / Uber atziri on 6L belly of the beast. A 100+ Life, 1-2 resist, Armor + Evasion (~500 Armor and ~500+ evasion) rare chest does great too. If you are not using Belly of the beast, Bronns, or Cospri's, just make sure the rare chest you're using has roughly the stats I listed above (and then its more than capable). You can pick one up 6-linked on Legacy Softcore now for like 80-90 chaos.
So I decided to give POE another shot as I could just never get into it as it was quite overwhelming as a new player and trying to figure the passives and gems out and what not. I looked up some guides and found this one and I loved playing my polearm WW barb in D2 and this looked similar with added elemental damage.

So I am nearing the end of act 3 and just received Cyclone as the quest reward. Its good and all and more enjoyable than spamming molten strike. My question is when will you start seeing armor pieces to start linking some of the gems that make this build shine. Right now my AOE is limited to cyclone range. I realized the items in the build are end game drops and probably aren't the easiest to find which I am ok with I am just wondering when this build really comes together?

"
Msaxt84 wrote:
So I decided to give POE another shot as I could just never get into it as it was quite overwhelming as a new player and trying to figure the passives and gems out and what not. I looked up some guides and found this one and I loved playing my polearm WW barb in D2 and this looked similar with added elemental damage.

So I am nearing the end of act 3 and just received Cyclone as the quest reward. Its good and all and more enjoyable than spamming molten strike. My question is when will you start seeing armor pieces to start linking some of the gems that make this build shine. Right now my AOE is limited to cyclone range. I realized the items in the build are end game drops and probably aren't the easiest to find which I am ok with I am just wondering when this build really comes together?

To help you with your gearing I would need you to go to your profile on the site here, and go "Privacy settings" and make sure the Character tab stuff isn't set to private (have everything unchecked), that way I can view your character.

With leveling this build, it generally is not so great for leveling up until level 55, then when you can buy Ngamahu's axe at 55, it gets insanely potent at leveling and you just cruise through everything. The build comes together quite well once you are level 55 and can get Cyclone in a 3 or 4-link item (helm, gloves, chest armor, boots are good to 3-4 link). Then you can link cyclone with Faster Attacks Support, Melee physical damage Support, and Fortify. Or even just linking it with 2 of those gems can be sufficient. Check your vendors as you quest for any of those gems, or you can go buy them at Siosa in act 3 (in the library area). You have to do one of his quests first then can buy gems.

You don't really even need to use Cyclone for leveling until you reach level 55... You can just use Earthquake/Sunder (red strength-based gem abilities) for clear up until then and molten strike for single target anytime you have something high HP to kill. Then at 55 you swap to pure cyclone. For specific gear advice regarding sockets and links on gear, I need you to set your character profile tab to public.. Then can easily help with advice.

Since you're starting out again, I'd also recommend watching these beginner guides and at least specifically watching the Sockets, Gems, and Flasks guide:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL7GqFLebBU8inlrcqTZFXtIwP362XrdNe
Last edited by Enzymaticc on Jun 30, 2017, 9:22:25 PM
"
Enzymaticc wrote:
"
Msaxt84 wrote:

To help you with your gearing I would need you to go to your profile on the site here, and go "Privacy settings" and make sure the Character tab stuff isn't set to private (have everything unchecked), that way I can view your character.

With leveling this build, it generally is not so great for leveling up until level 55, then when you can buy Ngamahu's axe at 55, it gets insanely potent at leveling and you just cruise through everything. The build comes together quite well once you are level 55 and can get Cyclone in a 3 or 4-link item (helm, gloves, chest armor, boots are good to 3-4 link). Then you can link cyclone with Faster Attacks Support, Melee physical damage Support, and Fortify. Or even just linking it with 2 of those gems can be sufficient. Check your vendors as you quest for any of those gems, or you can go buy them at Siosa in act 3 (in the library area). You have to do one of his quests first then can buy gems.

You don't really even need to use Cyclone for leveling until you reach level 55... You can just use Sunder (red strength-based gem ability) for clear up until then and molten strike for single target anytime you have something high HP to kill. Then at 55 you swap to pure cyclone. For specific gear advice regarding sockets and links on gear, I need you to set your character profile tab to public.. Then can easily help with advice.

Since you're starting out again, I'd also recommend watching these beginner guides and at least specifically watching the Sockets, Gems, and Flasks guide:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL7GqFLebBU8inlrcqTZFXtIwP362XrdNe

I fixed the privacy setting. My gear is garbage as I do not have any twink/hand me down gear. All self found while playing this toon only. I will be on the look out for your recommended 3L/4L gear and see what happens. Good to know it gets part later one. Thanks for the reply!
"
Msaxt84 wrote:

I fixed the privacy setting. My gear is garbage as I do not have any twink/hand me down gear. All self found while playing this toon only. I will be on the look out for your recommended 3L/4L gear and see what happens. Good to know it gets part later one. Thanks for the reply!

Looking at your current gears, it should propel you to level 55 without issues. Consider using Ancestral Warchief instead of Ancestral Protector because Warchief attack is AOE based whereas Protector is of single target.

Once you reach level 55, you can switch to Ngamahu's Flame (you just need 6 sockets on this weapon, no 6 links required). You can trade for a cheap 5L chest for cyclone setup and from there onward, leveling will be a breeze.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info