banned from poe trade

"
mark1030 wrote:
Am I the only one glad to see xyz banning people who post fake listings?

No.
“Please understand that imposing strong negative views regarding our team on to other players when you are representing our most helpful forum posters is not appropriate.” — GGG 2022

----

I'm not 'Sarno' on Discord. I don't know who that is.
"
Sarno wrote:
"
mark1030 wrote:
Am I the only one glad to see xyz banning people who post fake listings?

No.

yes. what's a "fake listing"?

somebody underpricing and being not available when sitting on the loo or being called by mum to empty the bin?

not applicable? who decides that, you? xyz? some other random guy on the internet? who is in charge here?

as much as i dislike fake sellers, it's pretty easy to ignore "too good to be true" prices. and i think anybody with more than one brain cell can do the same. "fake seller is a useless term because in this game there is no duty to sell for the advertised price".

an external service provider being able to lock you out of the game you supported because he follows his own ideas on how trade should work is a no-go.

---

i would have expected xyz banning those reddit guys that applauded the guys ddosing his business out of existence for days.

instead, he didn't. why?

he obviously goes for the weak parts and bows to the power of of his witch hunt crowd on reddit. applause!applause!applause!

---

let's hope your ideas on how to play the game never collide with xyz's ideas.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
While I agree with vio's scenarios that somebody may step away from the game right after throwing an offer up for sale (I personally had to attend to an emergency in the past, never got spammed for anything I underpriced or something but if missing enough whispers to purchase something could get you banned, anybody could be screwed if responding to an emergency like I did once), got no sympathy for OP since, if I am reading the choppy english right, they were being a dickhead and throwing fake offers up on purpose. Kinda suprised OP has the balls...

Regarding banning in general. I want an anti fake listing policy in place, but more so reason GGG should be in charge of trading and not third party. But that only goes so far before you have to sit and ponder the holes in an antiscamming coding. I have suggested before that it could just automatically delist offers that have "failed" to sell when a trade offer has been presented, and enough delists will temp or permanently ban an account from trading whatsoever (perm would have to be massive amount of offenses), but that would be abusable and get innocent sellers hurt.

So I still think GGG needs to get off their ass about this, put poe.trade in game/website hybrid, only accessable in towns or hideout and whenever a trade offer is made, delist it to the public until the seller accepts or declines the offer. Willing to bet even that has holes but my thinking on having confirmation screens would be that full time traders who are in town/ho 24/7 have constant access and accept or deny or counteroffer easily, and those who map can simply check their trade window between maps, buyers simply would have to be more patient if mappers decide to wait til the end of a map run to check the trade notification. The main threat of this would be bots/scripts that simply keep declining any buy offers, dunno if a captcha system would be welcome but appropriate to prevent it.

In general, I think GGG better have some sort of trade improvement come 3.0, otherwise I am willing to bet my standard currency tab that people will begin to gradually stop playing due to trade issues not being addressed by GGG or solo self found will increasingly become the norm along with demands of higher drop rates and such because nobody wants to trade with one another anymore.
"It's all clearer now
And I hear her now
And I'm nearer to
The Salvation Code"
"
vio wrote:
yes.

If xyz was on some kind of crusade banning anyone who ever failed to respond to a trade request then everyone would have been banned a long time ago. Your entire post is FUD.

There was a very real, obvious and widely-observed issue with people trying to scam others using listings which weren't put up in good faith - setting prices for items they had absolutely no intention of selling at, because they knew that the deal they were suggesting was a terrible one.

It's a problem that xyz seemed to ignore for a long time, and then finally started taking action to solve. The OP is the only person I have ever seen say that he was banned from the website.

Let's quote the OP to see what happened here;

"
fowi22 wrote:
I have cheap to put a few items and not sold it cheap to buy so the new auctions of others

He admits it!

That's the innocent victim you're defending, vio. Someone who admitted they had no intention of following through with their trades - while taking advantage of others - in their very first post.

And based on your desire to defend him, you're attacking xyz on the back of a slippery slope argument? Spare me. The guy has done far more for the PoE community than most. You seem to be assuming that he's rushing to ban anyone who gets complained about. Not only do you not have any proof of that, but someone who is that lazy and disinterested would've never bothered creating the website in the first place. You're being very unfair.

(Removed by Support) He very quickly admitted he was scamming people. Now he's angry that he received a punishment for scamming people. I don't understand the controversy.
“Please understand that imposing strong negative views regarding our team on to other players when you are representing our most helpful forum posters is not appropriate.” — GGG 2022

----

I'm not 'Sarno' on Discord. I don't know who that is.
Last edited by Tyrone_GGG on Jan 19, 2017, 1:13:40 AM
so happy to see these scumbags banned ;]
"
Sarno wrote:

He admits it!

That's the innocent victim you're defending, vio. Someone who admitted they had no intention of following through with their trades - while taking advantage of others - in their very first post.

i'm against taking deterrent actions: either we punish all those who didn't trade a item x times because they were afk or none.

and where in the game's rules (terms of services) is it forbidden to manipulate the market? "the community" made that up themselves.

where in the game's rules is it written that you have to sell the advertised items? "the community" made that up themselves.

the solution needs to be a technical fix to prevent short selling of items, not self justice against single players, even if they admit to market manipulation.
"
vio wrote:
"
Sarno wrote:

He admits it!

i'm against taking deterrent actions: either we punish all those who didn't trade a item x times because they were afk or none.

and where in the game's rules (terms of services) is it forbidden to manipulate the market? "the community" made that up themselves.

where in the game's rules is it written that you have to sell the advertised items? "the community" made that up themselves.

the solution needs to be a technical fix to prevent short selling of items, not self justice against single players, even if they admit to market manipulation.
GGG makes the api available to anyone, no? If they only made it available to poe trade I'd agree with you. Since anybody can make their own trading index, xyz should be free to police his own site.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
"
mark1030 wrote:
GGG makes the api available to anyone, no?

yes, they do currently.

"
mark1030 wrote:

Since anybody can make their own trading index, xyz should be free to police his own site.

that's the "currently" for. they can't blast out multile terabytes of compressed data per week to several thousand users. that would be a costs and performance nightmare.

we're dependent on poe.trade before someone opens a similar service. which will not happen since xyz covers up all the basics very nicely.

---

apologies to you and xyz if my previous answers to were a bit over the top. i see the actions being for the best and a smooth trade experience and only wanted to point to the dangers of having opened a can of worms they can't easily close. once you start policing after community demands, the resulting empowerment can be quite difficult, that's all.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info