Breach [2.5] Southpaw DW Physical Sword Gladiator (Block & Spell Block capped)

The reason we're only at 68% is because Painforged in the Ascendancy tree only triggers when we've been hit (which accounts for 8%), and there is supposed to be another 2% from jewels that aren't shown in the passive tree. It's all under the Block Mechanics section of the guide.

Have a question of my own actually. I noticed you removed 1 point from Dual Wield Accuracy next to Gemini in your tree, and it got me thinking. Could I also remove the Attack Speed and Accuracy point from the beginning of the tree, and instead spend the 2 points to grab Sleight of Hand? I know that it would add another 30% increased damage with one handed melee, but would we also gain attack speed? How important is the accuracy?
Last edited by Acheron89 on Feb 5, 2017, 5:07:59 AM
I'm currently using this build, and it still feels great into T13-15 maps except for a few map mods. At first I was using Death's Hand, but the DPS was a bit too low for my taste. After switching to dual Scaeva it improves the DPS by a lot. I don't have power charge, but the benefit is offset by main hain Scaeva inc. crit chance.
Also there's some great crit nodes for Sword in the bottom right corner. Those improved my DPS a lot too.
Skill tree at lv94:
http://poeplanner.com/AAQAAOkELwByuR0V7IrwxIKbLelGsKu-p2VNvTZHfoTZYEFjcBHVV5dDMcMzWhohYMGL26cJWNP82sF07QUteu-BQTXvOu0NjRX2YnkABod2459KffzF7g6jirGzG63TfgOHDHOVZn11_roj9k2SjX0wfNRSAydE0qPnAhFRR-dUJP3_3j7PveaNvwW1wuy0xWKsbIydqjY962MRL7VI1EKEb3X9Fr8mlWHiVUuMNonTcFKmf-1B2-dHBtDQz-kuCJP8645ei93ng71W-nfXdKAGIAaiF9xsCPGKdPEY2xR1LlPTbyyFKaUM8qXLAAAUAAACAAfQAQH0AQMQABQDBwEBAAMAAA==
Last edited by khoi14021993 on Feb 5, 2017, 9:59:57 PM
"
Caellwyn wrote:
Hi, I'm really enjoying this build, my first viable end game build. Very fun. However, I am at 81, just finished uber lab, and have all the gear listed and don't see any more block passives on the suggested tree that I haven't picked up yet and my block is at 68% instead of 78%. Any ideas what I might be missing that's accounting for 10% block?

Glad you're enjoying the build!

68% is correct when you're not in combat.
An additional 8% is made up by Painforged much of the time, while in combat. It's particularly relevant since it's not usually just one hit that kills you. Painforged gets us to block cap against the potentially lethal hits, and gives us more time to react to the incoming damage. (More time for leech, flasks, etc.)

The remaining 2% to get fully 78% capped can be made up with jewels or Haku's glove enchant. I haven't found it necessary, however.

"
Acheron89 wrote:
I noticed you removed 1 point from Dual Wield Accuracy next to Gemini in your tree, and it got me thinking. Could I also remove the Attack Speed and Accuracy point from the beginning of the tree, and instead spend the 2 points to grab Sleight of Hand? I know that it would add another 30% increased damage with one handed melee, but would we also gain attack speed? How important is the accuracy?

Sleight of Hand is absolutely a solid choice, and would be more valuable than the single Attack Speed and Accuracy point at the beginning of the tree. If you can find the flexibility to get there, I'd say go for it.
That said, you might also consider putting the 2 points toward Heartseeker, a Frenzy Charge, or a Power charge.

I did test the effect of the accuracy point in the Gemini wheel, and 16% increased accuracy only got me about 1% improved chance to hit a level 91 target (on the character pane).

Keep in mind that after level 82, the character pane is likely under-estimating your average chance to hit. Also, the Snakebite gloves should be adding a considerable amount of accuracy which won't show up unless you have the frenzy charges active.

"
khoi14021993 wrote:
I'm currently using this build, and it still feels great into T13-15 maps except for a few map mods. At first I was using Death's Hand, but the DPS was a bit too low for my taste. After switching to dual Scaeva it improves the DPS by a lot. I don't have power charge, but the benefit is offset by main hain Scaeva inc. crit chance.
Also there's some great crit nodes for Sword in the bottom right corner. Those improved my DPS a lot too.

Glad the build is working well for you!

My most recent change is to give up one Frenzy charge and take Heartseeker wheel instead. Crit definitely becomes one of the best ways to scale our damage output as we reach endgame.

I'll take a look at sporting a Scaeva in place of Death's Hand. Can it really be better when you consider the 150-200% increased global crit chance from power charges, plus the near-constant 30% damage buff from Unholy Might?

On the other hand, a crit-perfect Scaeva effectively has a 10.25 base crit chance when in main hand, which is huge.

Final note, with a Scavea in each hand, you'd be swinging with both. This will help generate Frenzy Charges, but roughly halve the rate at which you generate Endurance Charges. It will also lower your average attack speed while (slightly) raising your average damage per hit.

On the surface, it doesn't seem like it should be more dps. But the huge local crit chance might swing it. Will check it out.

UPDATE: I did not find dual Scaeva to be more real dps, though it was surprisingly close (only a couple thousand dps less). I do not have a perfect Scaeva, so your results may vary.
Last edited by Anglave on Feb 10, 2017, 10:54:37 AM
Can now confirm that the Soul Taker running with Herald of Ice as my extra aura does not increase my DPS above Death's Hand with the Unholy Might bonus. It's simply not worth losing the power charges or the buff.

Also had a similar experience running with 2x Scaeva.
Last edited by Acheron89 on Feb 7, 2017, 10:59:37 PM
Hi guys, I want to try to make this build but I don't know what gems to use besides the ones in the main post. The chest is not mentioned anywhere and there could be a 6 link there ... Anyone can share a full gem setup for this build pls ?

thanks in advance
Hi guys. Fisrt thanks for the build anglave, i'm really enjoying it.

If there is some people wondering if it's HC viable especially in BHC, i'm currently 82 doing some T10 map with no problem and didn't avoid any breach even once. As you say, you just need a life pool enough not to be one shot because you'll probably take the first hit but never the second one. If you are as fearful as i am you can save some crit point to go on the scion's life ring (you'll have ~+180% max life instead of ~+150%) because the dps is enough (especially solo) at least till the T10 map.

Thanks again anglave and stay safe.
"
Acheron89 wrote:
Can now confirm that the Soul Taker running with Herald of Ice as my extra aura does not increase my DPS above Death's Hand with the Unholy Might bonus. It's simply not worth losing the power charges or the buff.

Also had a similar experience running with 2x Scaeva.

Thanks for the confirmation. I've updated the original post.

"
macsu wrote:
Hi guys, I want to try to make this build but I don't know what gems to use besides the ones in the main post. The chest is not mentioned anywhere and there could be a 6 link there ... Anyone can share a full gem setup for this build pls ?

thanks in advance

Hi macsu. I do hope you try the build, it's a great combination of inexpensive, effective, and durable.

To answer your questions, we don't use a chest armor because of The Bringer of Rain, which prevents the use of chest armor. In exchange, it provides us 6% chance to block, 20% chance to gain an endurance charge when we block, adds physical damage to our attacks, and has pretty good armor/evasion and life. Oh, and it's a 7-link.

All of the skill gems for this build are listed in the first post, under the "Skill Links" section. That's every skill I'm using, and all my sockets are filled.

A few of those skills are optional and could be replaced to suit your taste. I'm using Ancestral Protector and Abyssal Cry, neither of which are "core".
I'm using Vortex in my CWDT because I like it, but feel free to drop or replace it.
I've got Conc Effect socketed, mostly so it's quick and easy to swap with Inc AoE.

So if there are other skills you're eager to use, there are ways you could squeeze them in. But there aren't any skills "missing" from the list in the first post.
I wanted to post quick to thank you for making up this build. I've really enjoyed the build up to 80 so far. It's easily been the safest I've done and was mostly deathless(1 afk) up till I started running pretty stupid rare map mod combo's at mid 70's that was just begging to be ripped, which I did. For the first time in a while it actually made me consider running this in the new league coming up because of how much I enjoy it.
Hi. I`m looking for some MEGA TANK build, with not so bad clear speed, and i found two gladiator builds.

One, lazy Pally with the new shield, and yours.

Whitch one do you think would be better in all possible terms? Like dps, tankyness & stuff.

Im looking for something really tanky, because I`m king of 0 fps during fights, and making another Flame Totem is annyoing, even tho I can clear everything fast (till t16 bosses. 0 fps = insta death).

Also, we have new buffs & nerfs, what d you think about changes?

I plan to play this tank on Legacy League.
"
fryderyknicze wrote:
Hi. I`m looking for some MEGA TANK build, with not so bad clear speed, and i found two gladiator builds.

One, lazy Pally with the new shield, and yours.

Whitch one do you think would be better in all possible terms? Like dps, tankyness & stuff.

Im looking for something really tanky, because I`m king of 0 fps during fights.

While my southpaw dual-wield build is quite durable, I suspect the "Lazy Pally" will be closer to a "MEGA TANK".

My build has pretty high survivability, but works best when you've got a stack of endurance charges up, and when you're actively leeching. It's also designed to give you time to hit a flask or move out of dangerous situations, not to "afk" in them.

The lazy pally is more defensive, while this build aims to be a reasonably durable offensive build.
For breaches, I'd pick my build every time.
For going to grab a sandwich mid boss fight, you'll probably have more luck with lazy pally. It will have more health and armor, at least.

"
Also, we have new buffs & nerfs, what d you think about changes?

I hear that Blade Flurry is getting a damage nerf, but that 1-handed weapons will be getting a damage buff. It's hard to say without specific numbers how this will affect us, but it probably won't break the build.

Blade Flurry is getting its area numbers adjusted, as part of the overall area mechanic changes. Not sure if there will be a real change to its radius, or just shifting the numbers so the radius doesn't actually change under the new system. Probably no significant effect on the build.

In 3.0 lots more will change, with the Pantheon system and new skills and uniques. That's likely to have a significant effect on almost every build. But for Legacy League, I don't think a lot will change for this build.

Last edited by Anglave on Mar 3, 2017, 2:35:01 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info