[2.6] Grand Spectrum CI HoWA ST 447k DPS

There is a lot of HoWA builds out there, so i won't go into general details and rather show what i did differently and why.

Note: Do not try this build unless you already have lvl90+ character with good gear.

Why_Grand_Spectrum?
There is a lot of mandatory/highly beneficial nodes all over the tree (CI, Vaal Pact, Elemental Overload, Vitality Void, Forces of Nature, Static Blows and even Unwavering Stance) - that alone makes you want to travel around the skill tree a lot, Grand Spectrum type of builds wants the same thing, and general stat node pathing is beneficial for HoWA scaling.

Why_Grace_Over_Wrath?
1. Wrath is somewhat weak compared to the base lightning damage you get from HoWA.
2. I currently get 76% evasion from skill tree w/o specifically investing into it, another 32% with frenzy charges up, 100% from dexterity, and since Avatar of the Veil gives status immunity i am able to use Stibnite Flask of Reflexes for another ~200% evasion.

This is also the reason why i don't go for Unwavering Stance.

Gameplay Vids:
Hydra (13 GS)
Cancer Hydra (13 GS)
Ghosted Minotaur + Vuln (still with 12 GS)
NEW!
Quick Hydra (14 GS)
Sloppy Shaper

NEW!
Last edited by dvs_m0rph on May 8, 2017, 10:27:50 AM
Last bumped on May 24, 2017, 9:59:27 AM
Bought cheapest aka worst rolled hydra map for extra challenge - enjoy! Boss fight starts @5:25.
Cancer Hydra
Looks very good, but you dont have lots of problems with stuns? The flask is good enough?
x

Last edited by hankinsohl on Jan 22, 2017, 1:36:56 PM
"
g4rch0mp1 wrote:
Looks very good, but you dont have lots of problems with stuns? The flask is good enough?

Only 2 situations where i think stun immunity would be nice are Phoenix fight and high map Esh breach. But if you watch my cancer hydra video (there is Esh spawning closer to the end) - it is still manageable with a flask. Natural 50% avoidance and 50% evasion seems good enough for most content.
I had unwavering stance before, and it would be worth losing a grand spectrum for it, but grace+spectrum > wrath+unwavering to me.
Last edited by dvs_m0rph on Jan 23, 2017, 10:37:59 PM
If you want folks to like your build you'll need to explain why it's better than other CI/HoWA builds.

To the point - why should someone prefer your build over Mathil's/C9's/etc.?

If this build provides higher DPS or is less expensive but end-game viable or... whatever, I'd maybe switch to it.

As is, I don't see the advantage of your build over other "cookie-cutter" HoWA builds.

In fact, it looks like your build is more expensive to achieve comparable ES/damage to Mathil's/C9's/etc. If this superficial assessment is wrong, let me - and more importantly - the POE community at large - know. We'd love to see a cheaper/better HoWA alternative.
Last edited by hankinsohl on Jan 25, 2017, 12:02:03 PM
"
hankinsohl wrote:
If you want folks to like your build you'll need to explain why it's better than other CI/HoWA builds.

To the point - why should someone prefer your build over Mathil's/C9's/etc.?

If this build provides higher DPS or is less expensive but end-game viable or... whatever, I'd maybe switch to it.

As is, I don't see the advantage of your build over other "cookie-cutter" HoWA builds.

In fact, it looks like your build is more expensive to achieve comparable ES/damage to Mathil's/C9's/etc. If this superficial assessment is wrong, let me - and more importantly - the POE community at large - know. We'd love to see a cheaper/better HoWA alternative.

My build is definitely more expensive.
I have 74k dps unbuffed in HO if i chose to do same thing as everyone and run wrath and herald, but i don't. I though both of those points were pretty clear in my thread. Advantage of my build is that it would give highest dps output, but is also the most dependent on gear and levels. For example
this ring gives me 5k dps in HO over my defensive one, but i can't fit it in yet with my resists.

This is not beginner or budget friendly build, and scales the most from character and gear levels.

I checked C9's build. I don't see any stats besides 9,6k ES in his video, or any benefit to his build. What is it? Memes? :) All i've seen tells me that i have higher ES and DPS while running Grace and have 3% extra res penetration. Is that good enough benefit to my build? You can't realistically compare two builds because of gear/level differences though, so it is really up to you to decide which one fits you better.

If you have any questions related to my build specifically - i will be glad to answer.
Last edited by dvs_m0rph on Jan 26, 2017, 9:45:43 AM
HI, may I know where did you get the accuracy rating? thanks

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info