[3.0] Low Life Blade Vortex Shaper, Guardians, Uber Atziri deathless /w videos

Works in 3.0 without Vinktars (Atziri Flask is enough to hit leech cap). Still facetanking the shaper slam.

Disclaimer: Not recommended for league environment.

3.0 VIDEOS
Spoiler

Deps in Gear 5 Mode
Spoiler

Screenshot was made in 2.5 with faster casting instead of echo otherwise the dps is 550k

2.6 Area of Effect changes
Spoiler

With one AoE cluster and concentrated effect:

With one AoE cluster and inc. area gem instead of conc effect:

With one AoE cluster, inc. area gem and dying sun:

Hello everyone time for another build guide!

Some might know me as the "science guy" from my previous Mjölner builds see spoiler below

My old Mjölner Builds REST IN PEACE

As GGG decided to Roflstomp TNT nerf Mjölner due to performance reasons i decided to do another viable build that is obviously not Mjölner. The requirements were pretty simple:

- It was required to feel as melee'ish as possible
- It was required to facetank everything in the game as a viable strategy
- It was required to deal a lot more damage than discharge Mjölner ever could (in 2.4)
- It was neccessary to have similar or better clear speed than Mjölner
- It must be able to always open unidentified chests without hesitation (QoL)

My first decision went on Blade Flurry BUT i will save that for another build guide (incoming melee buffs). So the second choice I felt doing was a Blade Vortex build since its the most melee'ish feeling this game has to offer while not feeling like totally gimped trash.

Some words on my build:
Spoiler

Anyone who has followed my previous guides know that im obsessed with doing facetank builds. This is because I think facetanking is the only viable strategy in this game - if you want to succeed past lvl 95 in END GAME content without ripping like a damn scrub. In fact I dont judge builds by their ability to speed clear maps but to facetank bosses without the danger of dying. This also implies that I rather prefer slower clearing builds if they perform better at the end game content bosses. This build does not abuse any form of poison.

If you are curious if there are budget friendly alternatives - there are poison double dipping blade vortex still deals massive amounts of damage in 2.6 for relativley low investment.

Some credit goes out to Stormyknight who came up with a CI Version of this build. I took it and refined it for better aura usage and going low life for more deps.

Pros & Cons
Spoiler

Pros:
Battlecruiser like defenses (in the following called "viable defenses"): 10k ES, 75% Max Block with legacy Rumis, 45% Phys to Cold conversion thanks to legacy Taste of Hate, legacy Vinktars instant leech, 89% Fire/89% Cold/84% Light/ 100% one shot resistance. This build comes with two matching 4 finger fist rings that say "FACE" and "TANK". Orbital Ion Cannon like damage (in the following called 'deps'): Full buffed can reach up to 500k tooltip and more (see Deps section). Does not rely on poison in fact does deal ZERO poison damage.

This build not only facerolls shaper with eyes closed but also with hands tied behind my back while pressing buttons with my nose! You dont wanna see how that looks like.

No, seriously the build is safe enough to do shaper while having 50% XP on the way to lvl 95 check my Shaper video! Its 100% deathproof against shaper except you do a severe mistake by yourself (e.g. not pressing buttons with your nose). Also you can facerape any Hall of Grandmasters spawn with this build eyes closed.

Cons:
Poison double dipper builds faceroll shaper even faster!
This build like you see here does NOT WORK in a league environment due to LEGACY gear in STANDARD
A life blade vortex crit pathfinder with pledge of hand 7 or 8 link (8 with corruption) and vaal pact might be close in terms of damage but a lot cheaper
This build cost a SHIT TON of currency so its nothing for beginners

Skilltree

GEAR
Spoiler

Items:

Flasks in usual setup:

Switch Vinktars for Sins Rebirth if you dont have a legacy vinktars, blinded enemies wont hit you often, also it allows you us to use righteous fire against shaper to delete him even faster since we can cancel RF with sins rebirth:

The Wise Oak would be another possible flask with defensive features if the resists meet the requirements of equilibrium although less dps than sins rebirth.

Another possible tank decision for flasks is the new (with 100% inc duration):

With Pathfinder and the new version of coruscating elixir you get 12 seconds uptime per flask use. This allows to replace Shavronnes for a 9xx es GG chest. It would bumping the ES to 12k.

Jewels:

Against hall of grandmasters block/dodge noobs:

AURAS
Spoiler

Im Using:

3.0 Update:

Switched Harold of Thunder for Clarity lvl 21

As usual I say thanks for watching and feel free to ask questions or contribute improvements/feedback in the comments!

Last edited by zzang on Aug 28, 2017, 4:44:37 PM
Last bumped on Jan 27, 2018, 11:30:56 AM
The damage is ridicously high lol

Great job, hoping to get back to mjon one day ;)
Having never fought Shaper, is it normal to facetank those black beams?

dps seems absurd.
Looks like another fun build....insane damage...too bad out of my price range....good job
those who know little believe they know much.but those who know much have learned of their ignorance

Guild: eclectic gaming council. Diversity is our first name
"
JuiceShow wrote:
Having never fought Shaper, is it normal to facetank those black beams?

dps seems absurd.

A lot of builds facetank now a days. Regarding the DPS if poison double dipping would be displayed in the tooltip those people would had something like 10 million dps. Therefore its not as absurd as it looks since i use zero poison damage :)
Last edited by zzang on Jan 10, 2017, 1:05:03 PM
Amazing build, loving it. Will try it out next league, shatter the illusion that it can only be done in Standard perhaps. :P
Abisslayer, the Tank of Blades! - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1751060
Abisswalds, the Flaskman!

"
Dysmal wrote:
Amazing build, loving it. Will try it out next league, shatter the illusion that it can only be done in Standard perhaps. :P

I can imagine the build working well in legacy league with legacy vinktars :P.
So uhm.. I'm guessing I could pick up a normal Vinktars and Vaal Pact and it would perform the same or am I missing something here? I'm planning to do a build like this, just checking if I really need the absurd currency to do this..
Will this work with non legacy vinktar + vaal pact?
"
whiteselect wrote:
Will this work with non legacy vinktar + vaal pact?

The uptime of non legacy vinktars would be pretty hard to sustain in any situation you need. You would leave yourself open to some dangerous flask downtimes. Maybe 2 non leg Vinktars would help at the cost of another utility flask.

"
jaka92 wrote:
So uhm.. I'm guessing I could pick up a normal Vinktars and Vaal Pact and it would perform the same or am I missing something here? I'm planning to do a build like this, just checking if I really need the absurd currency to do this..

I have a link about a poison double dipper blade vortex build in my guide which is fairly cheap and beats this build in terms of shaper kill dps. To answer your question you dont need this much of currency to make blade vortex work. Only if you want to make this build in particular it can be pretty expensive. And there is still a lot of min maxing potential in my build for example the new void bringer gloves with 40% mana multiplier. A better ES shield/helm or simply more resistance on gear. And i have yet to try
with 900 ES Chest instead of shavrones to tank some core malachai slams on damage mods.

Last edited by zzang on Mar 21, 2017, 3:56:21 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info