[2.5] - Occ, LL, Essence Drain // Any Feedback?

"
HirofumiXu wrote:
Nvm, I just found out how Blood Magic works, silly me.

I have like 60life unreserved^^ gotta make sure u have a high lvl blood magic+enlighten
I personally dislike taking Void Barrier unless you are going to take Piercing Shots / Shield Defences / Fatal Toxins. It's basically 45% evasion rating and 20% max ES (plus the nice 8 all res) at the cost of 5 points, which is pretty inefficient imho if taken alone.

You could save those 5 points plus the 2 used for Dreamer and get, with those seven points, Ballistic Mastery + Primal Spirit + Alchemist.

The tradeoff:

LOST

- 45% evasion rating
- 20% max ES + 10% recharge rate
- 8% all res
- 10% max mana

GAINED

- 20% proj speed
- 15% proj damage
- 30 strength
- 20 intelligence
- 5% mana regen rate
- 20% extra flask charges
- 30% extra flask effect
- 12% extra flask duration

It's up to you, I'd personally go for BM + PS + Alchemist all the time.
Last edited by djnat on Feb 11, 2017, 10:46:01 AM
"
FrenzyVictim wrote:
"
Med1umentor wrote:
"
FrenzyVictim wrote:
High spell damage wand with the decay mod + high spell damage and es shield. [its way cheaper than a +1 to socketed gems decay bow and tbh it also should be better]

Well, not really. That comparison isn't fair, don't you think?
Sure, wand with decay is cheaper than decay bow +1, but you missed the thing about 6l decay bow +1 is cheaper than 6l shavrone. Much cheaper! Also, soul strike is so good :)

I agree, it's up to preferences, but saying that decay bow is too pricey, casually mentioning that you need 6l shavrones is bullshit. 6l shavrones is more expensive than 6s shavrones + decay bow +1. Also, more efficient, for a lot of reasons.

The cheapest +1 gems bow costs ~5ex in breach right now (almost the same as a 6l shavs) and that is without an open prefix for inc dot damage.
A decent decay wand gives you +100 spell damage and enables you to use a shield.
On the other hand a 6l shavs will always be a quick reseller and will most likely be used in other builds later in the league. Not to mention that it enables you to reserve more stuff.

Not really. For starters, there is no way you can find shavrones 6l for 5 ex. Only corrupted ones, and it's only because there is end of league right now. In the middle of the league there is no corrupted ones on market, and definitely not for that price. 5ex generally is no link shavrones, and 6l is 10ex, and it's considered cheap, cause on breach league shavrones suddenly becomes so much common. Usually they were twice as expensive.
But i agree that right now shavrones 6l is overwhelmingly cheaper (it wasn't when i first posted here though, 6l still costed 9.5ex at the bare minimum)
"Reserve more stuff" you can with 6s shavrones also.
+1 gem bow gives you +2 to your ED lvl if you use empower, which is about 23% more damage, which is easily outclass even 100% increase spell damage.
You can easily craft your +1 bow yourself, with catarina 8 lvl, and it's pretty cheap. I crafted it when in the middle of the league, with some terrible rng i get it for 4ex, i'm sure i can get it for about 3ex in the next league.
For the reselling - sure. But that's another matter altogether. Also cheap enough shavrones will sell even without 6l, that's the point and exactly why we can obtain ours 6s so easily.
And lastly, most of the time people using bow not because it's +1 lvl to gems, but because you can equip soul strike, especially for occultists it makes difference.
You argue on some different and irrelevant topic. It's only one fact - if you want fast start of ES recharge - you use bow. Case closed.

P.S. Sorry for the late response.

Last edited by Med1umentor on Feb 24, 2017, 5:44:58 AM
Tbh Decay weapons aren't that great. Yes, you get better tooltip dps, but your actual dps is going to be greater with Consuming Dark Dagger. With poison from it, your single target dps with the same gems that you have will be at 102k, with pierce, and 117k with slower projectiles.
You can also use Fortify+Faster attacks+Whirling Blades for movement, much better then Flame Dash.

Use Blood Magic 21 instead of Enlighten and use your discipline/arctic on shield or weapon, this way you can put totem/wither/faster casting/inc. duration as you 4 link. Anyway, Blood Magic 21 will free you 1 socket.

I played tri curse Temp/Vuln/Enfee low life Arctic+Discipline at the start of the Breach league, using this passive setup:
Spoiler
http://poeplanner.com/AAUAAPETAAB234rpAkuuGyXZW20ZEVA1uacr37CCECL0bAuTJ3vXXIrviPk3189Jsb6KoS9_xhGWDkhd8isKES_rYwMeH0G1SG1s53TbGhB7vjp2gsgM6NYi6sM6ieDmWJMfSRMZivsJ9toaj5u1hMXK07QM6roNfFfJKPqCx_noGDy9JxhWuJMc3I8a6-6nCI9Gm6H311KvhEhca8Ntna4abOQi1ab3wZcGxKLfmGJawcXsGI_68NVJUXC7XECHy6ebdZ7PFU5tpcScMohCHdlDVPRxu03dX2f8GGo5UlgHj6ZEq1WuLJx88JEHfqFp2Lv8FX4AAAAAAA==

You use Intuitive Leap around Scion area to grab Skill Duration and Curse effectiveness.

This changes should give you at least +50-75% overall dps to single target (even if tooltip dps is much lower), more Wither stacks and Fortify with faster movement skill.
My build guides:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2180198

Taking a break from PoE, catch me up in Warframe: https://www.warframe.com/signup?referrerId=5b625847f2f2eb0ea0750322
Use above link for free booster when you sign up! :)
"
Bristoling wrote:
Tbh Decay weapons aren't that great. Yes, you get better tooltip dps, but your actual dps is going to be greater with Consuming Dark Dagger. With poison from it, your single target dps with the same gems that you have will be at 102k, with pierce, and 117k with slower projectiles.
You can also use Fortify+Faster attacks+Whirling Blades for movement, much better then Flame Dash.

Use Blood Magic 21 instead of Enlighten and use your discipline/arctic on shield or weapon, this way you can put totem/wither/faster casting/inc. duration as you 4 link. Anyway, Blood Magic 21 will free you 1 socket.

I played tri curse Temp/Vuln/Enfee low life Arctic+Discipline at the start of the Breach league, using this passive setup:
Spoiler
http://poeplanner.com/AAUAAPETAAB234rpAkuuGyXZW20ZEVA1uacr37CCECL0bAuTJ3vXXIrviPk3189Jsb6KoS9_xhGWDkhd8isKES_rYwMeH0G1SG1s53TbGhB7vjp2gsgM6NYi6sM6ieDmWJMfSRMZivsJ9toaj5u1hMXK07QM6roNfFfJKPqCx_noGDy9JxhWuJMc3I8a6-6nCI9Gm6H311KvhEhca8Ntna4abOQi1ab3wZcGxKLfmGJawcXsGI_68NVJUXC7XECHy6ebdZ7PFU5tpcScMohCHdlDVPRxu03dX2f8GGo5UlgHj6ZEq1WuLJx88JEHfqFp2Lv8FX4AAAAAAA==

You use Intuitive Leap around Scion area to grab Skill Duration and Curse effectiveness.

This changes should give you at least +50-75% overall dps to single target (even if tooltip dps is much lower), more Wither stacks and Fortify with faster movement skill.

Wrong, for starters - decay also isn't shown on tooltip dps.
Plus, decay works against poison immune targets.
Again, decay weapon can be any type, so i don't know why are you talking about whirling blades, it can be used with decay weapon (sai, for example).
Also, if you want enourmous damage - "why not both?". Dual wielding decay weapon with consuming bring out dps on another level, of course for the price of not having a shield.

Need to experiment a bit before making judjement though, but apply decay one time and forget is pretty neat.
Last edited by Med1umentor on Feb 24, 2017, 12:28:56 PM
Going dual wield is the way for ED at the moment, until double dipping nerfs hit the game in 3.0.

Against poison immune targets you simply use this:

or a shield to boost defenses / survivability.

The decay sai, btw, is pretty a must.

6% block + the decay mod + the possible mods on a decent dagger make it a great choice. The 750 damage per second from the decay modifier is added to the base damage of ED (but it is neither calculated nor shown in the tooltip damage), it scales with all ED supports plus passive tree / gear / jewel bonuses which also apply to ED.
"
djnat wrote:
...until double dipping nerfs hit the game in 3.0.

I didn't saw anything about that. Is double dipping will be nerfed at last? How exactly?
"
Med1umentor wrote:
"
djnat wrote:
...until double dipping nerfs hit the game in 3.0.

I didn't saw anything about that. Is double dipping will be nerfed at last? How exactly?

GGG has said that double dipping will be removed from the game when Fall of Oriath (3.0) comes out.

So 2.6 will be the last double dipping league of PoE.
Spoiler
"
Med1umentor wrote:
"
Bristoling wrote:

Spoiler

Wrong, for starters - decay also isn't shown on tooltip dps.
Plus, decay works against poison immune targets.
Again, decay weapon can be any type, so i don't know why are you talking about whirling blades, it can be used with decay weapon (sai, for example).
Also, if you want enourmous damage - "why not both?". Dual wielding decay weapon with consuming bring out dps on another level, of course for the price of not having a shield.

Need to experiment a bit before making judjement though, but apply decay one time and forget is pretty neat.
- There isn't many poison immune mobs (2 out of 4 Guardians, but if you are using ED for guardian farming, something is wrong anyway :)).
- It can be of any type, but rolling Decay and hitting good spell damage on anything but a wand is more expensive then just getting Consuming Dark. You also get guaranteed Int, meaning more mana and energy shield.
- If you want both damage and survivability (shield), then CD gives you more dps anyway.
Your average dps with equip posted on page 1 (excluding jewels) should be 8k on average per each hit (hit, not dot), every 1.4 second (or whatever your cast speed is). That is 640 damage already, which can be casted every 1.4-1.5 second, and, assuming you keep up at least 2 stacks of poison on the enemy, is doing 1280 damage, compared to Decay's 750. With jewels (which I cannot replicate easily in Path of Building) each hit should be easily around 9+k, which is 720+ damage in one poison stack per second, and already almost on par with unstackable Decay.

Decay is great on Bows with Soul Strike and maybe dual wielding if you're feeling rambo, but 1h/shield, there is no reason not to pick Consuming Dark over it, both for damage and price tag.
My build guides:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2180198

Taking a break from PoE, catch me up in Warframe: https://www.warframe.com/signup?referrerId=5b625847f2f2eb0ea0750322
Use above link for free booster when you sign up! :)
The fact is, there is really no reason - when going lowlife - to use a shield.

Unless you are HC (and in that case survivability should be prioritized no matter what), you can easily get past 10k ES even with dual wielding, especially with an Occultist which has tons of flat and added% ES on her ascendancies.

PS: your calculations for decay damage are somewhat wrong. You are considering and calculating it as if it doesn't scale with anything. It scales with ALL support gems linked with the spell which applies it, and with all passive / gear damage boosts related to spell / dot / chaos.
Last edited by djnat on Feb 24, 2017, 4:22:48 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info